What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zillman signs with Titans

skeepe

Immortal
I know alot of teams go over the cap.
I was making the point that the Raiders were the first team go substantially go over the cap. This also happened to be in the year they won the comp. Raiders fans have obviously forgotten these facts or trying to ignore them.

The Raiders breached the cap by $85,000. Hardly substantial.

raidersforme

Juniors
Not forgotten, But it came with good reasoning and the club payed the fine, They didn't expect to have 5 players in the 1990 kangaroo team, seeing as though there where a couple of late withdrawls notably Wally Lewis.

Stuart, Daley and Lazarus where late call ups for second test and this helped them go over by $85,000.00 only.

I honestly think they didn't expect them all to play rep footy and though they where going to be under cap, obviously they where wrong.

Raider_69

Post Whore
It was substancial at the time sure, but to compare an instance when we were contractually obligated to pay players for incentives we never expected them to reach (and if not for injuries, probably wouldnt have reached) to that of the warriors or bulldogs in which those teams purposely and systematically rorted the salary cap and its rules... absolutely ridiculous.

85k even back then wouldnt be all that much... taking inflation into account? 150k tops?

Apey

Staff member
Oh look, the Knights and Panthers were found to have cheated the cap the year they won the comp. How interesting. Can I expect similar attacks from you on those clubs?

double post but yeah

Apey

Staff member
I assume the year mentioned was the year the fine was applied, therefore a fine in 2002 would be for a breach in 2001.

nah I think he said it was done at the end of the year for that year.

nqboy

First Grade
4 years is pretty extensive... very 50/50
Two years would have been no good at all, one year out and one year working to get his confidence back. I didn't see any mention of it but perhaps the GC hold an option on the last two years. Otherwise it's a huge risk.

Latest posts