What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zim / SL / WI Tri Series

Stewbum

Juniors
Watched games 1 & 2 in full.

Zimbabwe their usual hapless selves. Bowled out for 150-odd which Sri Lanka reeled in to collect a bonus point.

Big surprise last night though as the Windies flexed some muscle rolling Sri Lanka for a bonus point of their own. They seemed below par with 220-odd but the pitch was very slow and SL found it nigh impossible to get the Windies pace men away. A spirited 6th wicket partnership got them in with a chance of ruining my bets but they were never in the game after losing early wickets.

Next game is Zimbabwe v Windies. Form suggests a walk over but you never know.

Stewbum

Juniors
Was superb - I watched nearly the entire game and the last 10 overs were hold your breath stuff for Zimbabwe. The fans were going absolutely nuts every time they looked a chance!

Stewbum

Juniors
Predicting they turn this tie into their grand final though and get smashed tonight by the Lankans.

Stewbum

Juniors
Well not again in the Tri-Series - the first was a tie. But yes, again.

Cost me a pretty penny too.

Zim were 7/97 and on the ropes and recovered to post around 220. Windies lost wickets early and then the rain hit when they were 5 runs behind par. they were miles behind before the fall of the 5th wicket when Holder came out swinging. Still - very poor for him not to have known as the last over he faced yielded about 2 or 3. Unprofessional.

Stewbum

Juniors
PS - Sri lanka romped hom in the final with Zim bowled out for 160. SL won in 37 overs for the loss of 4 wickets.