What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zimbabwe-Getting better or not?

Iafeta

Referee
Unbelievable.

And considering South Africa aren't in Australia's ballpark. Stagger to think of the difference between Zimbabwe and Australia.

That'd have to be close to the most dominant first day's play ever. Rolling a team for 54, and then smacking 340/3 in 50 overs. Ouch.

azza

Juniors
The ICC ought to bear some degree of responsibility for the farce that has become Zimbabwean cricket. When the problems between the players and the Board first emerged they were far too slow to intervene and allowed the situation to escalate. When they did intervene, rather than making (in my opinion), the right move, and banning them from international cricket, they suspended them for less than a year and then let them come back to be the whipping boys.

Yes, I know it is not good for Zimbabwean cricket to have the national side banned from the international scene, but what is going on in that nation is enough in my opinion to put them in the same category as South Africa were when Apartheid was still in place. When they get their act together, let them back. This rubbish that is passing for test cricket these days is disgraceful.

The standard of world cricket has dropped markedly over the last 8-10 years, it is indeed sad to watch.

knights04

Bench
Match is over already. Must be one of the quickest tests ever. I guess Blignaut and Ebrahim were small bright lights in the match. Even with Streak and Blignaut back this side looks far from looking respectable. But then again when has Zimbabwe looked decent? Sure there was an emerging team unfolding around the late 90's. And they can say losing key players like Johnson and Goodwin took them back a step. Not to mention losing more players around the 2003 world cup like Flower, Olonga. Now there's even possibility of several rebels not returning. I still think by the end of the decade there will be a decent side. I believe the re-building process has picked up where it left off when Streak and the rebels decided to go. Streak will be vital if Zimbabwe are to remain in top flight cricket.

Latest posts