What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zimbabwe skittled for 35

blackfriday

Juniors
i was going to post that up. that is embarassing, australia should just send the gladesville u-6s to play them because its not worth our player's time going to that gawd-forsaken country.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't seem to be much point in playing a series agaist them at the moment.

They should be given time to sort out their problems and get a full strenght side togetther.

There is nothing for us to schieve by playing them at the moment.

But what are the chances of the ICC actually doing somethinbg about it.

Earl

Coach
They had 4 players who had some ODI experience.

Taibu
Ebrahim
Sibanda &
Masitkenyre (sp?)

There is absolutly no point in sending Australia there.

Iafeta

Referee
I can't believe before the mayhem Sibanda was thought of as an opening bat. His first class batting average is like 16.

IanG

Coach
Yeah what a joke.

Thing is I saw something like this being on the cards, This is an embarrisment to International Cricket, This Zimbabwe team would probably struggle against an ICC Associate nation. This whole saga is basically apartite in reverse.

Don't get me wrong I applaude them picking black players but at the same time their ability has to warrant selection.

The sooner the ICC revoke their test status the better. (At least until they wake up to themselves)

Below is a like to the scorecard of that match.
http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004/SL_IN_ZIM/SCORECARDS/SL_ZIM_ODI3_25APR2004.html

Macca

Coach
I had figures of 4 for 11 this year. We bowled them out for 17 though. My partner in crime got 6 for 6. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, Zimbabwe should be suspended immediately. What a joke. I'd rather Kenya were in than them at the moment. Lara's record won't last long if they continue. It is a farce.

Biglance

Bench
mind u it was zimbabwe's third string side apparently but still 35 :clap:

its good to send them
warne will get over the top of murali and take the record
i mean that stupid little chucker plays countries like bangladesh and kenya and zimbabwe on a regular basis so about 40 percent of his wickets are against crickets minnows not exactly something u should be bragging about :roll:

IanG

Coach
Biglance said:

its good to send them
i mean that stupid little chucker plays countries like bangladesh and kenya and zimbabwe on a regular basis so about 40 percent of his wickets are against crickets minnows not exactly something u should be bragging about :roll:

Yeah exactly where as most of Warney's wickets have been again cricketing powers such as South AFrica, India, Pakistan Engalnd(to an extent) So go figure

IanG

Coach
Biglance said:

its good to send them

Yeah exactly where as most of Warney's wickets have been against cricketing powers such as South Africa, India, Pakistan Engalnd(to an extent) So go figure

Anonymous

Juniors
As bad as Zimbabwe are, Chaminda Vaas is certainly a freakish bowler when he gets it right. The 3 lowest ever ODI scores have mostly been because of him.[/quote]

The General

Juniors
pepstar87 said:
Who was the highest scorer and what was it?

The funniest thing was listening to Sports Tonght and hearing

" Top score was 7. The next best was sundries with 6." :lol: