What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zorba: Time for Hindy to go and Kearney must step down from NZ

Craig Johnston

First Grade
http://www.sportal.com.au/league-news-display/peter-peters-time-for-hindy-to-walk-away-168575

Peter Peters: Time for Hindy to walk away
28/3/2012 08:53 AM
Peter Peters
Sportal
As usual it looks like it's going to be up to me to cut through all the crap and niceties and tell it like it is, so here we go.

If Parramatta want to save their fast disappearing season then they need to pension off skipper Nathan Hindmarsh - effective immediately.

Hindy has clearly gone a season or two too long and you would have thought someone by now would have had the courage to tap him on the shoulder and deliver the pink slip.

But strong leadership is obviously in short supply at the Eels and they are walking away from the tough decisions.

Hindmarsh has been a wonderful servant for the blue and golds across more than 300 first grade games.

He is rightly held in high esteem at the club and is regarded as one of the game's good blokes.

But that doesn't mean he is immune to criticism.

If you listened to his many media darlings you'd swear the bloke was a cross between Ray Price, Peter Sterling and Mick Cronin.

Hindmarsh is a hard-working backrower with a big heart, a bigger bum crack and limited ball skills.

He is showing signs of fatigue, the years of carrying the under-performing Eels on his shoulders obviously taking its toll.

We'd all like to play forever but everyone has his use-by date.

It's time Hindmarsh moved on and allowed a younger player to take his place.

And while we're on the subject of tough decisions, someone at Parramatta should call Stephen Kearney in for a chat and tell him to flick the New Zealand job.

The last thing the rookie NRL coach needs is the burden of preparing an international side while things on the home front are so dire.

Both David Furner and John Cartwright quit rep postings last year when they realised they couldn’t juggle both.

Kearney is stubbornly refusing to give up the Kiwis gig and that's perhaps a sign of his immaturity as a coach.

This is a bloke who's had a lot of success riding on the coat-tails of Craig Bellamy and Wayne Bennett.

He was hailed as some sort of coaching messiah when he dropped his bags at Parramatta's front door, but so far it's been nothing short of a disaster.

There's been just six wins in his 28 games in charge and I can't see where the next victory is coming from.

I do, however, expect them to give Manly a real shake on Parramatta Stadium's newly laid turf this Saturday night.

The Sea Eagles are weeks away from fielding their strongest side due to suspension and injury and look a touch vulnerable at the moment.

But I am still backing them to get the money along with other Round 5 winners Melbourne, Brisbane, Penrith, Warriors, Canterbury, Souths and Canberra.

Until next week ...

good ammunition for this weekend, hope the boys read it.

Delboy

First Grade
The worst thing about this article is that is basically on the money, but Zorba is still a pelican of the highest order

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
What a f**king dope this guy is, he goes on saying "It's time Hindmarsh moved on and allowed a younger player to take his place"

Who is the younger player to takes his place?
Has he watched any of our games this year?
Has he watched the NYC games this year?
Has he seen Wenty this year?

Hindy may not be the best attacking player in the NRL but at least he plays for the full 80mins and gives it his all not like a lot of players in our team.

If we had another 16 man on the field giving it all and players in the lower grade pushing for spot in the starting 17 then yeah I would agree, so Peter Peters go f**k yourself you dumb merkin.

I've had enough of the bashing Hindy has been getting we have players not pulling their weight yet no one says shit on them.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
if hindy wanted to stay on (and he should be given the courtesy of deciding that himself) the only benefit of marching hindy would be to free up his salary ASSUMING he wasn't willing to take a paycut.

there's no shame in earning 150-200k on your last season/s, it's still a good living

Freak2

Juniors
Is there a bigger DKHD in the game? - Seriously

I would love nothing more than for Hiney to actually sign up again for season 2013 & 14, even if he has no intentions of going around again. (which I am quite certain is the case). Just like Mark Gaznier did.

mickdo

Coach
Why would anyone care what that fat f**k thinks? Hindy's been injured and had a virus ffs. Stick it up on the change room wall boys.

cookie145

Juniors
No one could ever take Peter Peters seriously surely. (Especially with a name like that). I dont recall ever seeing him play a half decent game at any club and certainly took his money under false pretenses at Parra. Peter Peters you prove that you don't need a long neck to be a goose...............

The Eels Shed

Juniors
Unfortunately, i agree.
Hindmarsh is a legend no doubt, but like i said last year, we need a backrower with sting. Someone that can tackle effectively and bust the line. Tariq Sims etc....
Hindy just doesnt have it anymore.

Djay

Juniors
These are the type of people I pay little attention to, you can tell they love sticking the knife in. Yea, he should retire but he atleast deserves to go out on his own accord.

Unfortunately, i agree.
Hindmarsh is a legend no doubt, but like i said last year, we need a backrower with sting. Someone that can tackle effectively and bust the line. Tariq Sims etc....

You're right.
We should sack Hindy and promote Tariq Sims immediately.

JoeyJoJo83

Juniors
Unfortunately, i agree.

Hindy can't tackle effectively :crazy:

Yeah Hindy might not bust the line anymore but who in our team can? It's easy to say this person should be dropped and so forth but who do we have that can replace them? POH?

Gronk

Staff member
Zorba has always been a tosser. No surprises.

Hope Hindy tears Judas a new a/hole and has the last laugh.

Noise

Coach
What a f**king dope this guy is, he goes on saying "It's time Hindmarsh moved on and allowed a younger player to take his place"

Who is the younger player to takes his place?
Has he watched any of our games this year?
Has he watched the NYC games this year?
Has he seen Wenty this year?

Hindy may not be the best attacking player in the NRL but at least he plays for the full 80mins and gives it his all not like a lot of players in our team.

If we had another 16 man on the field giving it all and players in the lower grade pushing for spot in the starting 17 then yeah I would agree, so Peter Peters go f**k yourself you dumb merkin.

I've had enough of the bashing Hindy has been getting we have players not pulling their weight yet no one says shit on them.[/QUOTE]

Um, the whole last 2 weeks Lasalo, Morgan, Keating, Tonga, Maguire, Burt among others have also been copping shit (and rightfully so).

i defended hindy for years about people saying half his tackles are flops or 2nd or 3rd man in but from i have seen in 2011 and 12 they are right. Also forwards run at him because his tackles don't hurt, he just grabs them and wrestled them to the ground.
This year seems like it's a right off anyway so let see out the season in first grade as captain then give him a huge send off in rd26. Gold Watch and thanks for the memories.

Latest posts