What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zues on way out????

Sharkie73

Bench
From NRL.
Scott was in line for a first grade call-up for Cronulla's trip to Parramatta on Saturday night after centre Ryan McGoldrick had a shocker against the Sea Eagles.

Beau Broke his finger in PL, it sounds like Goldy was going for a stint in PL .

Sharkie73

Bench
Here's the whole story

Galloway accepts Hopoate's apology

21 March 2005

Keith Galloway said today he had accepted an apology from Manly winger John Hopoate over a high tackle which left the Cronulla teenager heavily concussed.

"He's apologised and I've accepted his apology," said Galloway, who added he was feeling "a bit groggy".

The incident occurred in the 30th minute of the Sea Eagles' 46-20 win over the Sharks in the NRL match at Brookvale Oval yesterday.

The NRL match review committee will review the incident today.

The 104kg former Test centre has a poor record at the judiciary and his career hangs by a thread following his latest misdemeanour.

Hopoate rushed off the defensive line yesterday and hit Galloway in the head with his forearm in a leaping tackle.

The 19-year-old Galloway told AAP today he had viewed the incident but would not comment on the matter.

Cronulla suffered a miserable weekend in the NRL, with Galloway heading a long list of injured players.

Emerging centre Beau Scott broke his thumb playing for Cronulla's feeder club Newtown in Premier League.

Scott was in line for a first grade call-up for Cronulla's trip to Parramatta on Saturday night after centre Ryan McGoldrick had a shocker against the Sea Eagles.

Sharks back-rower Sam Isemonger (facial cut) and winger David Simmons (concussion) are in doubt for the clash with the Eels, who are coming off a heavy loss to South Sydney.

Galloway is certain to miss the match.

"We'll have to monitor Sam but he's a pretty tough rooster," said Sharks general manager Steve Rogers.

"Simmo's another one in doubt and Keith is obviously going to be out."

Special K

Coach
McGoldrick played well in week 1 and you all loved him. Then you guys all turned on him...

Make your minds up :twisted:

Sharkie73

Bench
Special K said:
McGoldrick played well in week 1 and you all loved him. Then you guys all turned on him...

Make your minds up :twisted:

This story was from the NRL site SK .

Special K

Coach
I wasn't talking about you Sharkie it was more for all the people who will come in and shit on him after talking him up last week.

ali

Bench
Goldy was far better in first grade than Scott was in reserves. If either of them had a shocker, it was definately Scott. I thought his defence was particularly ordinary. Both Manly's centres carved us up in reserve grade.

Sharkie73

Bench
The back line might look like this if the changer's happen;

1. Peach
2. Pelo / I like what I've seen of this kid.
3. Nig
4. Mellor
5. Covell

Shark

Bench
WTF? Why is Sludge calling Sam a 'tough little rooster'??? :shock:

LOL, come on Sludge, sharpen up!

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I hope Pelo finally gets his chance. He deserves it. Zeus on the other hand just does'nt look like an established 1st grade centre. We have the chance of having a great centre pairing with Nigel there but Zeus just does'nt have that impact like Tonga/Lolesi & Bowman/Hannay. I think he would more suit the wing.

Booyah

Bench
Give him another go. Geez, last week everyone wanted to suck his dick. Now he has one shite game and you all want him dead.

carcharias

Immortal
Geez, last week everyone wanted to suck his dick
Oh great here we go , you can build the tallest building, the longest bridge, the fastest train......but suck one dick.

gavin_miller

Juniors
I have always been suspect of Mcgoldrick...I think he is built real well and has some good offence...his defence for me,has always been a little dodgy and he seems more interested in having a blue than putting the team first...I think, like someone else here said,put him on the wing! I also agree that along side Nigel we have a chance to have an awesome pairing,whether its Mellor and Nigel or one of the younger blokes...Goldy just hasn't seemed to go that well with him...and I dont wanna lose Vagana...

Latest posts