What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zues on way out????

imasharkie

Coach
Special K said:
I wasn't talking about you Sharkie it was more for all the people who will come in and sh*t on him after talking him up last week.

Yeah I thought he was crap last year and said so many times but he defended really well against Penrith which made me think he had turned the corner although his offence was ordinary against Penrith. Sorry to say this Special but he was back to last years form against Manly.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
He missed one tackle & made plenty more than all of the other backs Uncle.

To explain what happend with the miss, he ran out of the line quick because they had the overlap.
Unfortunately he did not communicate with the inside guy, Aitken I believe, & he did not come across. In the end was the same result as they would have scored with the over lap.
But he needs to work on that falling off the tackle when he goes high. It happens when rushes & when they isolate him on the short sideimmediately after he has made a tackle.

i suggested last year and still think wing should be his spot. would suit hisa style of play and demeanour a la mad-dog. vagana and mellor in the centres, zeus and covell the wings. the rest we know and simmons back to darts. easy !

Here we have exuses for Goldy last year defending with Rieck now Aitkens fault, before he rushed out of line was struggling against Terry Hill who was injured and Hoppa, they were running at him not around him, what happens when we play bulldogs in 3 weeks and has 2 class centres opposed if he misses tackle will be everyones fault bar his

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
For the "star struck" fans of another one of our big dollar non performers.

Season tackle count

Pennys Manly Total misses Total tackles

Peach 5/3 1/5 6 8
simmons 2/4 1/1 3 5
Vagana 2/4 5/9 7 13
Goldy 0/17 2/17 2 34
Covell 2/4 1/4 3 8
BK 4/17 0 4 17

& now the killer stat

Mr Dykes
0/23 2/25 2 48

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Of course not you git.
Peacheys misses tackles from Penrith are easy to remember, the one on Wesser, then the other 4 from kick chases where he hearded them in to another defender.
But trust you to say something so insane.
Its a wonder you didnt start another thread about it.

The Popper

Bench
His defence has been pretty good this year. I expect more in attack. He's a big boy but persists with his little dance step like Nikki Webster.

BeenThere

Juniors
The Popper said:
His defence has been pretty good this year. I expect more in attack. He's a big boy but persists with his little dance step like Nikki Webster.
Have to agree with you there -- most embarrasing :oops:

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
one thing I would like to know about both our centres.

Why are they anchored to their positions. After watching some ET stuff, his best football came from the fact the bloke was everywhere. He's pop up anyway because he chased the play.
is our coach anchoring our centres to their positions? Are they scared to cross over & join the action? Go looking for the ball off the forwards?

carinashark

First Grade
Goldy is a winger not a centre . You have to be bigger and have a better tackling game than Goldy to play centre . He would be an awsome winger with the size and speed.
Carinashark

Special K

Coach
The Nikki Webster step got McGoldrick into some space but on the weekend. He did like a 360 with it and found himself in half a gap :clap:

After watching the replay I stand by the fact he didn't play as bad as you guys are making out.