What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zuess Cut Loose ?

black_dot

Juniors
RLW today :-

----

Don't expect to see too much more of Ryan McGoldrick in the top grade
at the Sharks this season. Cronulla's coaching staff have been less than
impressed with the former waratah's attitude and he is likely to be cut
loose at the end of 2005

------

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
hes not being cut loose, he is off contract & one would suspect, not asking for a contract.
What came first, the chicken of the egg?

black_dot said:
RLW today :-

----

Don't expect to see too much more of Ryan McGoldrick in the top grade
at the Sharks this season. Cronulla's coaching staff have been less than
impressed with the former waratah's attitude and he is likely to be cut
loose at the end of 2005

------

McGoldrick not resigning.
Mellor not likely to back up next year.
Steven Bell reportedly signed with Souths.

Hmmmmmm.............

carcharias

Immortal
I reckon he blew his chances .

I would of liked to see him play 5/8 instead of Bird, he seemed to have a good passing game and looks fit and fast.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I think both parties have contributed to a bit of an impasse.
I cannot understand why he wasnt given the stability of Simmons, Bird, etc. He has abundant talent & needs a decent coach & structure to bring that out. Seems he was always shunted for other preferences in position & players to me.
So we know the club is begging Mellor to stay now & that is bad becasue as much as I like the big show, he just cant get there in defense any more. Probably due more to his chronic injuries than anything. I am also worried about his constant cramping.
So seeing we will get no outside backs on the books, Vaganas last year next year, we will have 3 or 4 juniors around 17-19 years of age that are capable.
Goodwin, Scott, Aitken.
Maybe the club intends to go back to a bailey, Vagana combo.?

MightySharks

Bench
He had 34 chances in the top grade, didn't use them, no one to blame but Ryan McGoldrick. So he is goooooone!

black_dot

Juniors
I tend to agree to a point MS in that to compare zuesses chances given to those Simmons got is apples and orranges. Ryan is hardly new to top line football, simmons is relatively.

Zuess needs to knuckle down and train hard, if for no other reason than to ensure his value is reasonable to sign elsewhere, best case scenario is that he works hard, gets another chance and fires. It's amazing how these situations can turn around for the best.

carinashark

First Grade
I recon Goldy has always been a winger , he has a good step and is fast. He just hasnt had an oppertunity to shine in the wing spot. If he goes , I wont be so sad, think Matt Reike. We really need a top center from outside or inside the club to keep things moving next year.
Carinashark

MightySharks

Bench
black_dot said:
I tend to agree to a point MS in that to compare zuesses chances given to those Simmons got is apples and orranges. Ryan is hardly new to top line football, simmons is relatively.

Zuess needs to knuckle down and train hard, if for no other reason than to ensure his value is reasonable to sign elsewhere, best case scenario is that he works hard, gets another chance and fires. It's amazing how these situations can turn around for the best.

You are right he may play well for another club. Good luck to him.

PJ

First Grade
Blacky I guess they may have decided to invest more in Simmons and Bird as neither of them have left the club before. Might think they are more likely to hang around and repay the investment?

Frenzy.

Immortal
MightySharks said:
You are right he may play well for another club. Good luck to him.

He will, it's just a matter of picking between the SIX clubs that want him. Both codes.

black_dot

Juniors
That's a possibility PJ although I think it's more to do with who the club percieves as being better form wise and potentially currently.

Simmons being put in the same sentance is starting to get old to IMO, simmons has without question proved himself as one of the games stand out young outside backs, I think there is still a hangover from his early starts here.

black_dot

Juniors
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
He will, it's just a matter of picking between the SIX clubs that want him. Both codes.

I hope you are right sparrow, but I reckon there is a fair bit of bad grapes and bias in some of those claims. UNderstandable certainly, but let's face it that would be extremely high interest for a player like zuess and where he is at and what he has achieved in his career.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
Good stuff by sharkies, dunno why you'd wanna keep a player who has a lack of discipline and makes shyte players look good in attack with his disgraceful defence.

As for potential replacements if Mellor is also gone, what bout Beau Scott? He was going to be called up to 1sts a while back but got injured do maybe hes in line........