What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where should the NRL relocate the Raiders?

oldmancraigy

Coach
Gotcha. He is a big stumbling block for the Raiders to get back on track.

If you are lucky he will quit because nobody wants to play for him. He will blame the raiders for lack of recruitment. Hopefully the Broncos hire him, and he tells everyone he is a big man and making a mans decision.

Paullyboy

Coach
I can't imagine the success Cappy McFadden is having in Auckland is making Raiders fans feel any better about themselves.

I like the warriors doing well, but let's not kid ourselves, he hasn't been around long enough to receive all the applause - plus the warriors always have peaks and troughs like this so let's see how they go at the end of the year before getting ahead of ourselves.

Crippler

Juniors
How come don furner and the board isn't accountable to anyone

He kept David furner in coaching job for way too long

He signed Stuart to 7 years

How about the paying members do something about it ?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yep we can whinge on the internet about it but that's about the limit of our membership power.

betcats

Referee
7 years!!! FMD that would be close to the worst decision ever made in the history of the world.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I like the warriors doing well, but let's not kid ourselves, he hasn't been around long enough to receive all the applause - plus the warriors always have peaks and troughs like this so let's see how they go at the end of the year before getting ahead of ourselves.

No doubt. But he now has 1 more back-to-back run of victories than Ricky has in five years.

This isn't a shot across the Raiders bow, I also have a lot of time for them. But Cappy would have been identified as a staff member worth keeping in his time there, right?

There's been more than enough in the victories we've had, and even the loss to the Dogs, that suggests he's adding a lot of value.

nick87

Coach
Yeah i think we should pump the breaks on Cappy and the Warriors, this is classic NZ Warriors, lets talk in 12 months, if he can get them playing consistant football, different story but we're a long way off that yet.

gronkathon

First Grade
Keep them in Canberra.

Apart from Raiders games I am only down there for work.

Raiders playing WT gives me a reason to go to the Nat. Gallery, War Memorial etc and it is a great walking town

Jason Maher

Immortal
This present situation is the Raiders come-uppance for their role in superjoke. :sarcasm:

:lol: Raiders upping the ante in the Shambles of a Club stakes, firing off a warning shot to its two competitors at the bottom of the table.

Don't forget the Dragons. We have an equally old, unaccountable, impossible to remove board.

Ulysseus

Bench
I have heard that part of the problem is that the source of funding is run by a bunch of old fogies who give the club enough money to survive - not thrive.
Just enough to make it and not a dollar more.
Old f**kers need a broom ran through them and younger more enlightened management installed.

nick87

Coach
I have heard that part of the problem is that the source of funding is run by a bunch of old fogies who give the club enough money to survive - not thrive.
Just enough to make it and not a dollar more.
Old f**kers need a broom ran through them and younger more enlightened management installed.

The old f**kers are called the Queanbeyan Leagues Club
And it's 100% right

they have loads of money, but are tighter than a fishes arsehole... as i said elsewhere, these merkins are overseeing a death via paper cuts strategy for this club

They are the f**king worst.

Paullyboy

Coach
Yep we can whinge on the internet about it but that's about the limit of our membership power.

That's why I don't understand why people are raiders members. It's just stupid. If there is one thing the club doesn't need it's financial support. If anything people need to make a stand and stop renewing memberships to voice our displeasure of the board. It's our only voice as a raiders fan.

blaza88z

Coach
Dragons and Cronulla to merge, Canberra to relocate to the vacant region (probably St George given Cronulla's dominance)

Canard

Immortal
That's why I don't understand why people are raiders members. It's just stupid. If there is one thing the club doesn't need it's financial support. If anything people need to make a stand and stop renewing memberships to voice our displeasure of the board. It's our only voice as a raiders fan.

?? People become members to support their team, and show they are a true fan.

Telling people not to be members of a NRL club should be a bannable offence on LU.

Green River Eel

Juniors
I'd relocate them to Doonside as its a serious step up in culture, living quality and things to do than Canberra.

The only people that think Canberra is a good place to live is a few of the chromosome short people that live there, and half of them would love to leave, the rest of Australia and Sydney thinks its a boring hole in the ground full of drop kicks, who in their right mind would want to live in Canberra.

At least most of the people that live in Parra admit its a shit hole, while the people in Canberra are living in serious denial..

Latest posts