What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Australia V. Chile

shiznit

Coach
That wasn't as bad as ALOT of you guys are making out.

You guys clawed your way back after it looked like a hiding was coming...

And you hung in there until very late...

Considering the age of your side... The fact that Ange went for younger guys... I think this tournament will be the making of you.

I reckon... After this World Cup experience.. Then hosting the Asian cup... By the time the next World Cup rolls along you guys will be in a great position.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I don't think the ref cost us that game. He definitely seemed to favour Chile in 50/50 calls, but they played to that. If we were a bunch of diving panty-sniffers, we'd have jagged a few more free kicks.

Misanthrope

Staff member
That wasn't as bad as ALOT of you guys are making out.

You guys clawed your way back after it looked like a hiding was coming...

And you hung in there until very late...

Considering the age of your side... The fact that Ange went for younger guys... I think this tournament will be the making of you.

I reckon... After this World Cup experience.. Then hosting the Asian cup... By the time the next World Cup rolls along you guys will be in a great position.

Exactly. If we'd gone on from 2-0 down to lose 6-0, as I'd feared when I decided to go to bed, it would have been a different story.

The young side didn't put their heads down and threw a lot at a world class team. Plenty of positives to be found.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
You are an absolute f**kwit....the effort was absolutely insane by our blokes...more than the Raiders dish out

I don't praise them for their losses either.

That said, the worst World Cup performance came from our PM this morning. The guy is just a walking face-palm.

Cletus

First Grade
We're rubbish? Did you turn the game off after 15 minutes?

Of course we'd prefer a win, but we're a side that just had the majority of its stars retire (most of them justified) and in a group with three sides labeled as contenders. We were never going to win a game, so all we can do is make improvements on the dynamic and build towards the Asian Cup and 2018.

The side out there today, with the exception of Bresciano and Cahill, is the nucleus of the side we'll take to Russia. It showed today that the future isn't as grim and dismal as the Osieck era would have had us believe.

If you can't take that as a positive, you've been following the Kangaroos in our (sadly) Mickey Mouse international scene for far too long.

You seriously think we we're good? I thought the Chileans were fairly ordinary, the difference is I'm sure they're capable of playing a lot better. Im not hating on us and I was pretty happy with the way we played but the reality is we're just not a good side.

Cammo

Bench
You seriously think we we're good? I thought the Chileans were fairly ordinary, the difference is I'm sure they're capable of playing a lot better. Im not hating on us and I was pretty happy with the way we played but the reality is we're just not a good side.

I don't see anyone here claiming we are World Beaters, but we performed very well considering the difference in class between the two teams. That is why most people are satisfied.

We could have laid down and got flogged after those first two goals, but how can anyone (like that Walt Flanigan loser) be disappointed with the heart and spirit shown by a young and inexperienced team against World Class opposition

Cletus

First Grade
I was happy with the game as well but we just lack class and we are going to get flogged in the next two games.

Cletus is right. Aussies were poor against a mediocre opposition. In the last 20 minutes, the Aussies didn't even play like they wanted to win. WQeren't even able to keep possession, weren't pressuring the opponents, and anytime they did get the ball, gave it away immediately. Can't pass properly, there's no movement off the ball, can't create space, they were just standing around hoping for an own goal from Chile. Got what they deserved.

t-ba

Post Whore
Not bad.

I don't know why people were expecting much against probably the 4th best South American outfit...But for mine, those 15 minutes aside, we worked hard and gave them a run for their money.

Big Sam

First Grade
I don't know why people were expecting much against probably the 4th best South American outfit.

Nobody was. Except for the idiot trolls.

I was really impressed with our structure and possession retention. We were the better side in the second half but lacked finishing.

It's a shame the likes of Good and Kruse were injured. They might have made the difference.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Leckie was really troubling Chile with his pace when given some room to move. Should have a great career ahead.

Oar looked a bit overawed on the occasion but had a few decent touches still. I would of given him some time in the middle when Bresciano needed a rest and not brought on Troisi. He's very average.

Overall it was a great effort by Australia, though. Bring on the next game!