What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats the highest and lowest paying job you've ever had?

Aragorn

First Grade
highest - contracting in London, 20 pounds/hr working in finance number crunching. pay was great, but f**k I hated that job.

lowest - kitchen hand at a shitty motel, 5 p/hr.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
my highest & lowest paying jobs were actually the same one.

volunteer telephone counsellor..

so wasn't paid a cent in $$..

but there's one call that will stick with me forever.. won't go into detail on it, but when you know that it was you who was the difference between someone living and dying, that's worth more than what you can get paid..

Highest - Sales rep for Epoch (the wine muzby didn't like last night)

Lowest - "Presentation Crew" at Kmart Hurstville (1st job) or assistant teacher in England

Skinner

Coach
Apprentice Fuel Injection Engineer.......a very long time ago.

That was the lowest. Haven't a clue on the highest, but probably an ex-pat manager for Proctor & Gamble.

Last edited:

afinalsin666

First Grade
Highest - $36 an hour scaffolding at a mine in Muswellbrook.

Lowest - Going back to $19 when the job ran dry.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lowest - everything I've done in the field of Rugby League History and Writing - $0 earnt thus far.
Lowest - Farmhand on this one merkins farm for a week, he paid me $270 after I did 54 hours work in 5 days for him. (I was 22 at the time). He asked me to come back the next week. I told him I'd go back when he paid the other 700 bucks he owed me.

He told me that he paid me award wages. I told him karma will bite his arse big time for ripping off people like that (He'd done it a few times before I later learnt and several times after). We then argued.

I punched him in the face and broke his nose.

He has cancer now. His wife divorced him when he cheated on her. He then cheated on that woman as well. Both women have taken him to court and receieved big payouts. He had to sell his farm and house to pay them.

That's the power I possess.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
highest - one im about to start, 75K base plus 12% uplift and rent taken care of

lowest- $4.95 an hour working in the back of a produce market

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
highest - contracting in London, 20 pounds/hr working in finance number crunching. pay was great, but f**k I hated that job.

lowest - kitchen hand at a shitty motel, 5 p/hr.
is that 5 pounds or 5 pence?

They don't have minimum wage in England I don't think.

Frederick

Staff member
Lowest: after school work in a bike shop when I was 15...$5 an hour cash in hand

Highest: Current job, $45 an hour for 35 hours a week, but get paid for 42 hours. Overtime for anything over 42 hours

thorson1987

Coach
Lowest - $7p/h at Coles when I was 14

Highest - Current $30.10p/h with excellent conditions driving for big transport company

gUt

Coach
Lowest: paper round as a 13-14 year old. $ 5.60 per week to fold and deliver about a thousand catalogs for a local supermarket. I'm still annoyed that my parents didn't tell me I was being ripped off. The thing took literally all weekend including Friday night. I was diligent too, never dumped them. Never got a raise, or a free mars bar or coke from his fridge and he have me a hand written 2 sentence reference when I left. Stingy doesn't do the merkin justice.

Highest is my current (new) job in sales, working for an IT company in the legal sphere

BunniesMan

Immortal
Lowest: This one time a pizza shop paid me $16 an hour.

Highest: The same pizza joint then paid me $19 an hour

Misanthrope

Staff member
Lowest: Unloading produce from a truck into the refrigerators at a fruit and veg place. That, or my first paid acting gig. Something like $10 for two hours work.

Highest: When I worked for Telstra we had sales targets that I never missed. Was bringing in $30-$35 an hour most weeks depending on the sales goals.

Latest posts