What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

whats the highest and lowest paying job you've ever had?

Highest - Air Force, Corporal Medic I was on around 76-77k + free medical and dental. When I was deployed in the Middle East I would have pulled in around $100-110k for the year.

Lowest - Current job as a police officer. It's not too bad now, but when I was at the academy it was around 30k a year. On about 62k now. In the long term police end up paying better than defence with more pay increments.

Apey

Staff member
Lowest - $20/h when I was doing data entry at my current workplace.
Highest - $30/h same workplace, assisting with the data modelling

Only casual though. Don't go up that much.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
my lowest paying job for $$ (outside of volunteer work) was $5.44 per hour working for mcdonalds at 14yrs, 9 months.

i'm not going to disclose my highest paying job.. as i know i probably earn a decent amount, but at the same time have worked my ass off to earn what i do..

i have sacrificed things like travel, relationships and friendships for my career to date.. have even time with the kids due to hours i work and travel involved (cue ugly kid joe / cat stevens here)..

however.. i also know that my efforts to date mean that mrs muzby can afford to stay at home and not work, and spend time with our kids raising them and seeing every moment.. so even though i know i have given up moments i can never get back, she has spent time with them that most mothers would have given up when they returned to work...

tough one.. but hey, that's love for you...

Bulldog Force

Referee
Highest - $500/day in I.T.
*Forgot to mention, this included cab charges to AND from work, and if needed, cab charges during work, and breakfast, lunch and dinner all paid for. Good pay and incentives but f**k it was a long days work.

I love my current job which sadly, I won't be doing for another 2 or so weeks while I'm filling in this management role which I loath ](*,)

Aragorn

First Grade
is that 5 pounds or 5 pence?

They don't have minimum wage in England I don't think.

its wasnt in england.

NZ$5 p/hr.

ironic, my highest and lowest paid jobs were both (in my opinion) shithouse.

best job i had was probably a summer vacation stint I did helping my neighbour's dad who was a builder. Followed him around in his ute, doing all sorts of stuff from building a fence to cementing a pavement. Bloody good times those. Cant remember what or if, he actually paid me though....

Apey

Staff member
*Forgot to mention, this included cab charges to AND from work, and if needed, cab charges during work, and breakfast, lunch and dinner all paid for. Good pay and incentives but f**k it was a long days work.

I love my current job which sadly, I won't be doing for another 2 or so weeks while I'm filling in this management role which I loath ](*,)

lol nobody believes your rubbish, I don't know why you bother. You'd be lucky to put your pants on without help.

Playing monopoly by yourself while your mum makes you a free lunch isn't exactly a job.