What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What movie have you seen #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
3 days to kill

Really enjoyed it,Kevin Costner still got it,Amber Heard is a hot little bitch,this movie got awful reviews for some reason

8 Wazns out of 10

Oath :) She's like a young Scarlett Johansonn.... Wouldn't kick her out of bed if she backed Wazn

Joker's Wild

Coach
Watched Guardians of the Galaxy last night (free ticket via cinema's Facebook page, yeahboy) - I rather enjoyed it even though I have absolutely no idea who most of the characters/worlds/story arcs etc are due to not being a comicbook nerd hah.

The action was quite cool, but the highlight for me was the comedy, plenty of laugh out loud moments throughout. The Rocket/Groot pairing in particular is awesome. Big ups to Batista as well, had no idea his character would be as talkative as he was, and it was pretty funny as a result.

There is a post-credits scene as you'd expect, but it was more "uh, that was random" than "ooooooh that was cool".

Thats because you are not a "Comicbook nerd"

Evil_Mush

Juniors
Thats because you are not a "Comicbook nerd"

Yeah, I assumed it'd be a cool little nod for the 'real' fans, but I'm only familiar with the cameo from the movie from my childhood (which I can barely remember anyway, probably last saw it when it was a new release in the 80s!)!

No disrespect to comicbook nerds of course, my nerdy vice of choice is rasslin' so not one speak down on the genre!

natheel

Coach
Guardians of the galaxy - very good. Awesome soundtrack. Wasn't expecting the scene in the end....surely they won't reboot that character?

Over all is give it 7.5/10

Tammy - shit

4/10

Cuban Fury - funny. Was expecting a snooze fest

6.5/10

Expendables 3 - as expected. Second one was the best of the 3

6/10

mackdadday

Juniors
Hercules - Was really gööd if yöu can get över söme öf the ridiculöus elements such as Lörd Cöytes army magically trippling in size (high cam shöws aböut 250 in a tiny army but after a battle where möst öf them get wiped öut, it seems like there are nöw aböut 3000) and hercules having his öwn range öf armöur which he can make fröm a sparröws fart in the middle öf knöwhere apparently. 8/10

Wish i was here. Alöng the lines öf Garden State but nöt quite as gööd. Zach Braff is becöming quite the directör. 7/10 Wörth a watch.

Saw the preview för Lucy with Scarlett Jöhannsön...daaammnnnnn girl lööking fine!

Parra

Referee
Vulgaria. Hong Kong movie on the World movie playlist at the moment.

One of the funniest movies I've seen in ages.

Zoidberg

First Grade
GOTG. Another Marvel treat. Loved the main characters. End credits scene was unexpected. Interesting to see if they follow through with it. 8.5/10.

alien

Referee
iron sky

http://watch32.com/movies-online/iron-sky-1172 (full movie for free)

(sci-fi, action, komedy)

so basically its about some of the nazis at the end of ww2 escaping to the dark side of the moon and rebuilding and biding their time until they are strong enough to try to get revenge, and they do attack america in the movie. the movie is actually made by australians, germans, and finnish i think

shiznit

Coach
Took my son to his first ever movie... How to train your dragon 2.

9/10... The best animated movie I can remember.

I normally hate these movies but was absolutely blown away by how good this film was...

I was so shocked at how good it was I had to check rotten tomatoes to see what the consensus was...

92% from critics and 93% from audiences.... That didn't suprise me one bit...

If you wanna have a fun couple of hours out with the kids... I recommend this movie highly...

thorson1987

Coach
Took my son to his first ever movie... How to train your dragon 2.

9/10... The best animated movie I can remember.

I normally hate these movies but was absolutely blown away by how good this film was...

I was so shocked at how good it was I had to check rotten tomatoes to see what the consensus was...

92% from critics and 93% from audiences.... That didn't suprise me one bit...

If you wanna have a fun couple of hours out with the kids... I recommend this movie highly...

Took my son a while ago to watch it at the movies. Loved it. Haven't been able to find a decent copy yet though.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
The Worlds End

The story line is absolutely ridiculous, it honestly must have been written by an 18 year old Acid dropper.

Put that to one side though and it's pretty bloody entertaining. Recommend to have a few brews of your own while watching it, adds to the mood.

Pugzley

Transformers: AoE - Really humanity?? Really?? Betray the Autobots for the second time?? What a race of f**kwits.

Hercules (With The Rock) - Ok popcorn flick.

mackdadday

Juniors
Re-watched Dead Poets after about 20 years. Absolutely stunning and moving in just about every possible way. Brilliantly written and superb acting by Williams at his best.. Funny within the deadly serious. 10/10 Strange how so many of his films dealt with the suicide topic.

Good morning, vietnam next then something called The Baron of Munchausen where he plays the king of the moon directed by terry gilliam :) Should be interesting

azzah72

Bench
Re-watched Dead Poets after about 20 years. Absolutely stunning and moving in just about every possible way. Brilliantly written and superb acting by Williams at his best.. Funny within the deadly serious. 10/10 Strange how so many of his films dealt with the suicide topic.

Good morning, vietnam next then something called The Baron of Munchausen where he plays the king of the moon directed by terry gilliam :) Should be interesting

Great Movie!

It's like a cocktail of wonderful crazyness.

Gilliam Movies are like that!

I don't remember RB having a big Role in it though.

mackdadday

Juniors
Good Morning, Vietnam and Patch Adams. Vietnam (8.5/10) was great and williams was superb as always but i thought Patch Adams (10/10) was a step up and perfect on every level.

Amazing how many of his films dealt in suicide.. Dead Poets, Father of the Year, What Dreams May Come, Patch Adams all come quickly to mind. Fisher King delved near those mirky waters too. First joke in Good morning vietnam was on the topic too. Eerie.

My appreciation of this fine man has been growing by the hour.

vvvrulz

Coach
Williams was an incredibly versatile performer.

I haven't seen some of this best movies, but he was brilliantly dark in One Hour Photo and Insomnia.
And right in between that he was completely off-the-rails crazy in the underrated dark comedy Death to Smoochy. Don't judge that movie based on its awful trailer though, I think that's why it bombed when it released.

Bottom line is that he could nail just about any role.

Status
Not open for further replies.