What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2014 GF | PREMIERS - Rabbitohs 30-6 Bulldogs @ ANZ

2014 Premiers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fiddy

Juniors
Souths by 12 easily. What do the dogs even have? Without the trouble maker playing dogs will struggle to match a more Physically perfected bunch of humans.

Souths by 18 if luke gets off to

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
A lot of talk about Graham, S & G Burgess, Luke, Ennis and GI Slow but the key man in this grand final is Tony Williams. If he steps up then the bulldogs chances of winning rise substantially. A lot has been said about his ability to go missing but in this finals series he's been very good.

And he was very good the last time he played in a gf.

Fiddy

Juniors
Match up every one of your forwards against ours and tell me who is better if you are so confident...

I could line up our entire teams and rate them on current performance and future prospects and the only one i even rate remotely from the bulldogs is Graham. But you don't care what i think because i am just a scumbag souths fan.

You guys have barely made it into the Grand Final and it's universally agreed that if Souths lose this weekend it's because that all the trash talkers and haters were right and they are a bunch of chokers / pretenders. You are hard pressed to find anyone who honestly thinks outside of the dogs supporters who think that the dogs will win on skill and talent alone.

That's not to say the Bulldogs are an awful team. And give the dogs another year or two and recruit in positions that they clearly do lack in and they are going to be a powerhouse just like they have been. But right now they simple just don't match the top 2-3 teams in the comp right now at full strength. Sorry if that hurts feelings but it really is the case.

Fiddy

Juniors
They don't match the top 2-3 teams yet they're in the grand final. Sounds reasonable. :roll:

Because they certainly matched the all mighty full strength of Melbourne and Manly and went on to beat an impressive Penrith Panthers right?

I could line up our entire teams and rate them on current performance and future prospects and the only one i even rate remotely from the bulldogs is Graham. But you don't care what i think because i am just a scumbag souths fan.

You guys have barely made it into the Grand Final and it's universally agreed that if Souths lose this weekend it's because that all the trash talkers and haters were right and they are a bunch of chokers / pretenders. You are hard pressed to find anyone who honestly thinks outside of the dogs supporters who think that the dogs will win on skill and talent alone.

That's not to say the Bulldogs are an awful team. And give the dogs another year or two and recruit in positions that they clearly do lack in and they are going to be a powerhouse just like they have been. But right now they simple just don't match the top 2-3 teams in the comp right now at full strength. Sorry if that hurts feelings but it really is the case.

You series?

Fiddy

Juniors
I will go out on a limb and assume you mean am i serious to which i reply yes i am not trying to troll or upset you. That is what i believe.

If the dogs are so evenly matched why are they nearly $3.50 ? You can say betting is a mugs game if you want but it has some relevance to this debate.

And that is with the likelyhood of our hooker being out - that will easily float out towards $4 possible $4.50. The market agrees that the dogs have nothing on souths performance wise

Edit: I want to stand corrected they came in a tiny bit to $3.25 , apologies for that incorrect figure

Last edited:

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Because they certainly matched the all mighty full strength of Melbourne and Manly and went on to beat an impressive Penrith Panthers right?

Yes they matched and beat all 3 teams and are now in the grand final. That they played sides at full strength or not is irrelevant - this is not f**king fantasy league, the premiers are the side that can overcome anything put before them including not having your full squad available.

It's amazing all the brain dead souths fans are coming out of the woodwork with barely an ounce of football knowledge between them.

Fiddy

Juniors
Yes they matched and beat all 3 teams and are now in the grand final. That they played sides at full strength or not is irrelevant - this is not f**king fantasy league, the premiers are the side that can overcome anything put before them including not having your full squad available.

It's amazing all the brain dead souths fans are coming out of the woodwork with barely an ounce of football knowledge between them.

It's amazing how caught up in hating on a successful team you are. The question was asked and answered in relation to a topic about matching the squads - to which the answer was i believe the dogs have nothing on the souths squad. You are the one blowing in with unrelated views. Who said anything about Fantasy league ?

It would be a travesty if anyone but the Roosters, Cowboys or Souths win the title this year and most of you know it deep down. Sadly 2 of those 3 are not here so now it's up to Souths to bring some prestige to this season.

I seriously doubt anyone here truly thinks if the dogs had to go through Souths and either the Roosters or Cowboys they would be in the grand final. Come off it.

Fiddy

Juniors
Souths fans do realise they lost to the Bulldogs earlier this year right?

Sorry souths fans don't know anything we are too busy at the dentist getting our teeth fixed.

Am i doing it right? Guys please.. let me fit in!

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
It's amazing how caught up in hating on a successful team you are. The question was asked and answered in relation to a topic about matching the squads - to which the answer was i believe the dogs have nothing on the souths squad. You are the one blowing in with unrelated views. Who said anything about Fantasy league ?

It would be a travesty if anyone but the Roosters, Cowboys or Souths win the title this year and most of you know it deep down. Sadly 2 of those 3 are not here so now it's up to Souths to bring some prestige to this season.

I seriously doubt anyone here truly thinks if the dogs had to go through Souths and either the Roosters or Cowboys they would be in the grand final. Come off it.

I know it's been a long time since your mob have won a comp so I'll explain it slowly. The season is 26 rounds plus a finals series. Where you finish after the 26 rounds determines whether you play finals or not. If you beat sides in the finals you advance through to the grand final. It doesn't matter who you beat, or how you beat them, if you're good enough is the only thing that matters.

If you have a good squad that is fully fit or otherwise is irrelevant. All that matters is winning.

Fiddy

Juniors
I know it's been a long time since your mob have won a comp so I'll explain it slowly. The season is 26 rounds plus a finals series. Where you finish after the 26 rounds determines whether you play finals or not. If you beat sides in the finals you advance through to the grand final. It doesn't matter who you beat, or how you beat them, if you're good enough is the only thing that matters.

If you have a good squad that is fully fit or otherwise is irrelevant. All that matters is winning.

Thanks i appreciate that. I had tried to google "NRL Finals explained for souths" but i only got results pertaining to Liquor stores and Dentists.

Again you are rambling about things that are unrelated. All of my replies bar to you basically have been in relation to a question about comparing South Sydneys team to the bulldogs - are you ACTUALLY trying to argue that you feel like the Bulldogs team is as strong and talented as Souths simple because they made the grand final?

Is that a joke? So because the bulldogs finished 7th and played an understrength Melbourne and Manly side and won a scrappy game over a Penrith team who themselves had a fair share of injuries are equal to Souths. Because that's how the NRL system works? Please i have not even really argued any points for why i think Souths are a better team and already i win the argument because you basically provide nothing to try and disprove.

Pound for Pound, Stat for Stat.. Souths are superior to the Bulldogs. That's just a fact - sorry if you hate souths or a dogs fan -.. you can't just ignore it because you don't like it.

Sime_11

Juniors
Souths by 14, will be close with 10-15 to go but 2 quick tries will seal it for the bunnies.

I do sense that some Souths fans are getting ahead of themselves, need another huge effort to win the GF. Dogs will play without pressure as they arent the favourites, the Dogs team will be even more dangerous.

but hopefully the bunnies do it :)

Fiddy

Juniors
Souths by 14, will be close with 10-15 to go but 2 quick tries will seal it for the bunnies.

I do sense that some Souths fans are getting ahead of themselves, need another huge effort to win the GF. Dogs will play without pressure as they arent the favourites, the Dogs team will be even more dangerous.

but hopefully the bunnies do it :)

Souths fans are getting ahead of themselves because the fact is if Souths lose it won't be because of the dogs. It will be because the hate and mindless were right afterall about the squad being a joke. Souths will continue to be a joke and unproven as a serious force in the NRL until they win a Grand Final. Does not matter how superior and how better on paper they are over the competition.

On paper they should blow the dogs off the park like it's a training run. Anything less is unacceptable.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Thanks i appreciate that. I had tried to google "NRL Finals explained for souths" but i only got results pertaining to Liquor stores and Dentists.

Again you are rambling about things that are unrelated. All of my replies bar to you basically have been in relation to a question about comparing South Sydneys team to the bulldogs - are you ACTUALLY trying to argue that you feel like the Bulldogs team is as strong and talented as Souths simple because they made the grand final?

Is that a joke? So because the bulldogs finished 7th and played an understrength Melbourne and Manly side and won a scrappy game over a Penrith team who themselves had a fair share of injuries are equal to Souths. Because that's how the NRL system works? Please i have not even really argued any points for why i think Souths are a better team and already i win the argument because you basically provide nothing to try and disprove.

Pound for Pound, Stat for Stat.. Souths are superior to the Bulldogs. That's just a fact - sorry if you hate souths or a dogs fan -.. you can't just ignore it because you don't like it.

You talk about ramblings and then come up with this drivel. I'll reply to any post I like when I like. And winning an argument :lol:, child please.

Latest posts