What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rising Rabbitohs star Kirisome Auva'a in court after bashing a woman after a wedding

BadSport

Juniors
There's something to be said for not airing your dirty laundry in public, and I for one don't want to know about every domestic incident involving a footballer as I don't think it's my business.

Ymmv

Nice Beaver

First Grade
There's something to be said for not airing your dirty laundry in public, and I for one don't want to know about every domestic incident involving a footballer as I don't think it's my business.

Ymmv

So she should "keep her mouth shut" to not air the dirty laundry??

Don't carry on like a f*ckwit and there's no laundry to air I would have thought.

BadSport

Juniors
Nope I'm just not a gawker reading the court reports.

But for a gronk like you (and plenty of others I gather), nothing less than screaming condemnation will do - otherwise you are equated with a wife beater. You filthy piece of shit Beaver.

Everyone already knows it's an ugly, messy thing. This one was semi-domestic, and while the offending seems clear, the circumstances are muddy. Doesnt justify it, but not really something i want to know all the gory details about.

A parade of hysterical fools doesn't really change that.

BadSport

Juniors
What I find interesting is the way clubs and the sport feel the need to stand by and support players that f**k up major. What is the psychology behind that? No other sector in work life would feel that need yet it is almost an expectation for a prof sports club to "stick by their man.

Didn't you have a chair sniffer for a treasurer?

Good thing old Troy didn't go the bubbler, but I spose he could've just blamed the bipolar.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Isaac Luke isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer, no surprises there. Would have been funny if a member of the media asked Greg Bird his thoughts on the suspension

Last edited:

BadSport

Juniors
Am I reading this right in that he pushed her over, pushed her into a wall and punched a few holes in the wall? The report says 'minor physical damage'?

Is that right? Not really on the same level as the glassing charges level led at Bird or the Inglis charge or that grub Latu.

He'll do his time for what he did and it's deserved, but f**k it, you blokes are just a bunch of f**king ninnies looking for something to get worked up about the way you carry on.

f**king pathetic carry on for a matter that is well in hand.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Nope I'm just not a gawker reading the court reports.

But for a gronk like you (and plenty of others I gather), nothing less than screaming condemnation will do - otherwise you are equated with a wife beater. You filthy piece of shit Beaver.

Everyone already knows it's an ugly, messy thing. This one was semi-domestic, and while the offending seems clear, the circumstances are muddy. Doesnt justify it, but not really something i want to know all the gory details about.

:lol:

Nice work. Stick you head in the sand and all that nasty stuff will go away.

Gronk? I am heartbroken :(

Know anyone who has been the victim of domestic abuse? If being outraged by that stuff makes me a piece of shit then so be it.

As you were. Idiot.

Tommy Smith

Referee

End yourself.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Am I reading this right in that he pushed her over, pushed her into a wall and punched a few holes in the wall? The report says 'minor physical damage'?

Is that right? Not really on the same level as the glassing charges level led at Bird or the Inglis charge or that grub Latu.

He'll do his time for what he did and it's deserved, but f**k it, you blokes are just a bunch of f**king ninnies looking for something to get worked up about the way you carry on.

Wow. Now I understand.

BadSport

Juniors
Pretty obvious Smith is in dire need of some set sentence lengths for various infractions. He is improvising atm. It's all over the place.

For mine I would've thought 3-6 months would've been adequate given the circumstances. Can't say I see the point in a season ban.

You end up cornering yourself for more serious cases of assault.

You can say ban em for two years, for life etc. but like it or not there will always be these things. Personally I think it's all become a bit hysterical in here. Seen some twits calling for Cherrington to have been strung up, which was just ridiculous considering the circumstances. He ended up getting back together with that girl so go figure, go ask her not me.

Some of these cases arent black and white and relationship breakdowns are involved. There should still be penalties and there is, but it's not in the realm of someone flogging the piss out of his missus or sticking a glass in her face.

I don't really know what happened here and to be honest I'm not really outraged at all by it, seems like it was settled adequately in court.

BadSport

Juniors
Lol, I know you boys are going to have a massive sook now.

The bloke did something grubby, he got sorted in court and stood down, what an absolute non issue.

If he'd belted her I could understand the outrage, but as it is, your outrage is not required. Just another f**ked up domestic.

Maybe go outside or something? Flame away!

BadSport

Juniors
Wow. Now I understand.

Oòooooh, do you?

It's OK Beaver, I understand you too. Think you're the only person who could've possibly experienced domestic abuse, and think getting worked up on the Internet about a relatively minor case of it will somehow make a difference.

Go for your life mate.

I reckon that court case would've done more to rectify things, but hey, what do I know?

35 pages of this shite, far out. What are you going to do when a serious case occurs? f**king explode? Far out boys, enjoy it, what I've said will give you couple of pages to bitch about, I'll leave you to it.

Maximus

Coach
Some of these cases arent black and white and relationship breakdowns are involved.

Ah what does that have to do with it? Just so you know, domestic violence is just as bad whether the relationship has broken down or not.

I don't really know what happened here

And yet you've spent a whole page telling us how we should feel about it. Maybe you should have started and finished with this statement and you wouldn't have embarrassed yourself while appearing to condone domestic violence.

some11

Referee
but f**k it, you blokes are just a bunch of f**king ninnies looking for something to get worked up about the way you carry on.

Tell us how you really feel you utter plonker.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Oòooooh, do you?

It's OK Beaver, I understand you too. Think you're the only person who could've possibly experienced domestic abuse, and think getting worked up on the Internet about a relatively minor case of it will somehow make a difference.

Go for your life mate.

I reckon that court case would've done more to rectify things, but hey, what do I know?

35 pages of this shite, far out. What are you going to do when a serious case occurs? f**king explode? Far out boys, enjoy it, what I've said will give you couple of pages to bitch about, I'll leave you to it.

Thanks for your input princess.

The question I asked was have YOU experienced the situation. No answer

Rock on tough guy..

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Anyone saying 'it'd be different if he'd belted her' is part of the problem.

A lot of people sticking up for Auvaa on the message Issac Luke posted. I'm sure if their sister/partner/mother etc was touched up in any way, they'd be calling Ginsu to get some appropriate retribution weaponry.

The Rabbitohs should be copping a big part of this. One week suspension in pre-season? Too bad he made a name for himself subsequently, otherwise that would've worked nicely on a no-name.

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
What is this I don't even

I was having a shot at all those fwits that were saying what Dugan did was so bad that he deserved to sit out a full season immediately (or even not be re registered at all !).
I think that a guy who pleaded guilty back in May to smashing a woman's head repeatedly against a garage door was still allowed to play for 5 more months and play on to win a grand final is farcical don't you think ?