What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2015 TRIALS | Sat 7 Feb

nrlnrl

First Grade
Marshall looked good early, should be in for a decent year.

Pretty crap game overall, it's usually of a higher standard than that. Both teams made a fair few subs though so I wouldn't take anything out of it.

Grevsmuhl continues to impress, expecting a big debut year from him.

With so many starting players out & then both benches having over 10 players who all got a run, the game was always going to be a lower standard CS game than normal.

Titans 22 Warriors 12

Glorified reserve grade game as most are this weekend.

I enjoyed it ,
Not much holding down ,a pretty quick game .

Was good to see 100s of kids let on the field at HT,playing touch,etc.
Not as big a crowd as last yr ,prob bout 7.5 k
Was good to see the Tits with 2 tents selling memberships & tits gear.
Promo was buy a membership & get free entry into the all
Stars game next week .

Plenty of support for both teams & I think the Titans realise that they have support up here on the downs .
Would love to see them bring a reg season game up here once a yr .,against one of the lesser drawing teams ..pennies or sharks ,as it would sell out easily .

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Would have been there myself if I didn't finish work at 7:30.

Probably not much either team can take from it as far as round 1 goes, but a good look at some of the depth.

Heard that Agnatius Paasi had quite a good game. Former Warrior who made the move to the GC on a pre-season trial. Would love to see him get picked up.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Lol merge can't even knock over our C side.

It's so funny:lol::lol:

St George should have won by 20 points but just can't score.

St George with their regular 6 and 7 were ordinary.

I'm happy with the way Souths under 20s and Norths guys played.

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
It's so funny:lol::lol:

St George should have won by 20 points but just can't score.

St George with their regular 6 and 7 were ordinary.

I'm happy with the way Souths under 20s and Norths guys played.

Ummm, the premiers took over an hour to score against the reserves of a side that was bottom 4 last year !
Now that's funny !

rabbitohs95

Bench
Souths missing: Greg Inglis, Adam Reynolds, George Burgess, Tom Burgess, John Sutton, Glenn Stewart, Ben Lowe, Aaron Gray, Kirisome Auva'a and Cody Walker

Dragons missing: Trent Merrin, Mike Cooper, Jack De Belin, Dant Hunt

Hardly a bad result for us.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Souths missing: Greg Inglis, Adam Reynolds, George Burgess, Tom Burgess, John Sutton, Glenn Stewart, Ben Lowe, Aaron Gray, Kirisome Auva'a and Cody Walker

Lets not forget that Merrin wants out.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Like the souths club and the majority of fans I know you think they didn't do anything wrong. But don't bash women and they would have been there

As for Lowe and Gray ROFL

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
I am happy with saints performance. Completed well. Defended strong in the middle. The result is of no consequence. This is a new squad that will get much better over time.

Souths - obviously missing half their team to start. Dropped a lot of pill and got out hussled for the majority of the game, which they will have to get used to. Madge wouldnt have been too impressed with teh execution, but the spirit and effort were there. Again, no consequence for Souths on the result. Scambled well.

Put Inglis, Reynolds & the big boys back in and they go to another level. They will need to. Defending the bastard means teams are up for you every week. Wears you down.

Anyway, bring it on!

Cant wait for the footy. Going to be a great year for the game.

Liddell

Juniors
Like the souths club and the majority of fans I know you think they didn't do anything wrong. But don't bash women and they would have been there

Still better than the Tigers rule, you only sack them after they beat the shit out of them a second time.

MarkC

Juniors
The Dogs/Knights trial was a mismatch.
The Dogs played with mainly NRL players for the first 40 minutes and the Knights team was a group on unknowns.
You can't read anything into the result.
In this case the 2 coaches were clearly looking to achieve different things.
IMO both coaches are probably reasonably happy.
I don't think there were any significant injuries.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Spot on! A good result for us. Our 2nd team defended really well and played with the tough mentality Maguire expects.

Some people think Lowe and Gray don't matter but they will be close to being in our top 17 for Round 1.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Ummm, the premiers took over an hour to score against the reserves of a side that was bottom 4 last year !
Now that's funny !

You weren't playing a Premiers team. Madge knew he could still retain the shield with most of our Under 20s and Norths players.

You guys had a lot more 1st graders compared to Souths.

If I were a Saints supporter/member I would be concerned. After game I heard Saints supporters saying it's not good enough and Souths can lift a lot when they get their players back and that St George can only lift a little bit.

Rabbits20

Immortal

What they both did was unacceptable.

I hope Walker misses at least 9 months as well. If what he did was worse than Auva'a give Cody at least 12 months.

get amongst it

Juniors
Does george rose have a disability where he can't lose weight or something? how can a professional rugby league player be his size with all the training and exercise that goes on?

Latest posts