What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne needs to get an education

shiznit

Coach
Damn right. NFL players are geniuses:

"It's a humbling thing being humble."
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
"I've been big ever since I was little."
"I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first.?

I like NFL but some of you fanboys are embarrassing, as is the tall poppy syndrome and smug knowitallism of some of you.

Not know it all...

Just more than you...

God-King Dean

Immortal
Knowing a thick playbook v knowing how to pass sideways & run a decoy.

Gee, I wonder which requires higher intelligence.

Quite frankly, it shows in the fans as well........

Snappy

Coach
lol at all these experts that think they know more that Hayne who is over there living it.

ps putting an NFL pic in your sig doesn't make you look smarter.

Cockadoodledoo

First Grade
Damn right. NFL players are geniuses:

"It's a humbling thing being humble."
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
"I've been big ever since I was little."
"I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first.”

I like NFL but some of you fanboys are embarrassing, as is the tall poppy syndrome and smug knowitallism of some of you.

They are clueless really. I talk regularly with guys in the company in the US and they happily concede most NFL players wouldn't be intelligent enough to get a regular job if it wasn't for football. The fan boys here cannot see the wood from the trees.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Meh, what can I say, it's my favourite sport.

And tbh, you guys only like League because it's what you were born to. If you were born in the greatest country, U.S.A, you'd never have heard of it. You would scoff at the thought of watching League.

Hey, don't get me wrong, 'footy' is great and all. I'm glad the working class enjoy it (rich people don't watch it, take that as you will.....). Drinking a skin full, watching players bash each other, all the pretty colours. The common folk of Rome loved the action of the coliseum as well. But if we're being honest, the 2 games aren't in the same galaxy of ability, intelligence, & popularity.

Danish

Referee
The NFL dont stucture their contracts like most leagues. Most contracts have a value but they protect themselves by only guaranteeing some of that money. Hayne is essentially looking to pick up a contract as an UDFA, and the vast majority of Undrafted Free Agents get no guaranteed money, which means they get paid whilst ever they are still with the team but they can be cut at any moment for any reason without the team needing to pay their contract out.

The top UDFA get a small signing bonus but still no guaranteed money

Well yeah they can get fired/cut of course, but it's a set minimum per week providing they are in the squad.

I reckon Hayne would back himself to keep his spot for the year once he had it

Someone

Bench
deans trolling is like that cute puppy you just had to buy.

Fun at the start but then it gets old.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
Meh, what can I say, it's my favourite sport.

And tbh, you guys only like League because it's what you were born to. If you were born in the greatest country, U.S.A, you'd never have heard of it. You would scoff at the thought of watching League.

Hey, don't get me wrong, 'footy' is great and all. I'm glad the working class enjoy it (rich people don't watch it, take that as you will.....). Drinking a skin full, watching players bash each other, all the pretty colours. The common folk of Rome loved the action of the coliseum as well. But if we're being honest, the 2 games aren't in the same galaxy of ability, intelligence, & popularity.

Gridiron is irrelevant compared to football the world game.

shiznit

Coach
lol at all these experts that think they know more that Hayne who is over there living it.

ps putting an NFL pic in your sig doesn't make you look smarter.
lol at all these imbeciles that get their noses out of joint because they can't handle the fact that they know nothing outside of Rugby League.

ps that isn't just an NFL pic in my sig.... That's Khalil Mack... A 6ft3 115kg outside linebacker who runs the 40 in 4.63... He was one of the best run stoppers in the NFL last season.

He's over 10kgs heavier and within a 10th of a second of Haynes 40 time...

If Jarryd makes it on to the field... That's who he will be running at...

seanoff

Juniors
If he gets signed to the practice squad its 6,600/ week.

Minimum wage for an active NFL player is 420k+.

unforgiven

Bench
Well yeah they can get fired/cut of course, but it's a set minimum per week providing they are in the squad.

I reckon Hayne would back himself to keep his spot for the year once he had it

Problem is almost half the players do not keep there spot, and most of these guys have been playing the sport for most of their life.

I really can not see him making a 53 man roster and I am not putting NFL above Rugby League, it would be even less likely for an NFL player to make it in Rugby League.

natheel

Coach
The man has never played a down of competitive college or NFL football and he wants guaranteed money?
Get off the f**king air, pal.

There are blokes in that league who have worked all their lives, playing from pop warner, right through High School, College and years of NFL experience and they dont get guaranteed money

yet Detroit seem to be giving him a guaranteed year then they can make a decision...

Latest posts