What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured signings 2014 / 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomednow

Bench
The only people who think buying the majority of a playing roster doesn't matter are the fans of the teams that do it. They are more brands than teams. No soul. Just throw money at it at and poach talent from elsewhere.

Of course everyone does it to some extent. But some are worse than others.

Rustling Jimmies

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
if Parramatta sign Foran, they can forget about Hayne

no way they sign them both given what Foran is demanding and what Hayne will be demanding as well after a stint in the NFL

Bench
if Parramatta sign Foran, they can forget about Hayne

no way they sign them both given what Foran is demanding and what Hayne will be demanding as well after a stint in the NFL
And the ridiculious money both Hoppa and Choc are on.

Last edited:

natheel

Coach
I'm an idiot huh? It is a certified fact that JamieLyon played the majority of his junior football for the Wee Waa Panthers. He was recruited to the Parramatta Eels by Noel Cleal whilst he was in high school when he then started attending Parramatta Marist High School and played for Parramatta in the Junior Rep teams before making his first grade debut in 2000. Have a look at what team Mr Lyons says are his junior league teams- Parramatta Marist? No. Parramatta Junior Eels? No. Wentworthville? No. Merrylands? No. Guildford? No. Cabramatta? No. Fairfield Patrician Brothers? No. Toongabbie Tigers? No. Seven Hills? No. Mount Pritchard? No. He lists no team that is or was in the Parramatta District Junior Rugby League.

So next time you question my intelligence I suggest you look up some FACTS before you do. :lol:

Again idiot

ram raid

Bench
Article in the Telegraph today says Kieran Foran is 'changing his mind every day'. There's definite suss about it all. Doing all this negotiating now it's like Foran and DCE are intentionally trying to derail the start of Manly's season. Perhaps Foran is just trying get Manly to up their offer because he knows DCE is going. The fact is with the market value of those players there's no way both can be retained. And it seems DCE is a money hungry whore so it 's most likely he'll go to the Titans. If so, Manly could then Match Parra's offer to retain Foran. Assuming he wants to stay that is.

POPEYE

Coach
I doubt very much that DCE or Foran are doing any more than listen to their managers who are paid to advise them. Only when the manager shrugs his shoulders and says 'now it's up to you, I've done all I can' will we see a result

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I didn't realise the Wee Waa Panthers, where Jamie Lyons started playing rugby league were in the Parramatta District :shock: He may have played lower grades for Parramatta and made his First Grade debut for the eels but you cannot call him necessarily an Eels junior. In fact Lyon was recruited to the Eels by Noel Cleal.

I consider Lyon as a eels junior as they signed him young and developed him into an NRL player.

Just like I consider the Stewart brothers as Manly juniors ( they did all the development work) and not a Dragon/steeler juniors even though they grew up and played junior footy in the gong.

POPEYE

Coach
Jamie was only a junior to his father, claiming a youngster who has not committed to League as a career, short as it may be, is tiring bullshit

Canard

Immortal
Doing all this negotiating now it's like Foran and DCE are intentionally trying to derail the start of Manly's season.

I think your reading to much into that.

Every big free agent is doing something similar, Jason Taumalolo for example. Shit even Greg Inglis manager is out there spruiking and his contract has another 2 years to go!

ram raid

Bench
I think your reading to much into that.

Every big free agent is doing something similar, Jason Taumalolo for example. Shit even Greg Inglis manager is out there spruiking and his contract has another 2 years to go!

lol. Maybe.

Noname36

First Grade
Question for Manly fans: would you feel better in a way if the club just told them both to walk? I know they'd be massive losses and the team would need to rebuild but how many more clubs do they need to visit before the fans start questioning their support of them?

ram raid

Bench
Considering the $ they're demanding it might be a blessing in disguise, just like Hayne leaving Parra might be. There's been questions over DCE's rep level and whether he might be overrated. And Foran .. he'll be a loss but think of all the cap space that will be free. Manly do have a habit of finding talent / recruiting well (as they did with DCE and Foran).

Noname36

First Grade
There's also the question that's been floating around for a long time regarding how both would go if the other wasn't there and they were forced the be a side's number 1 half. It's highly likely Manly will lose at least 1 and they could realistically end up paying a fortune to keep the other who doesn't perform to that level on his own and has lost the support of a lot of fans due to the way it's been handled.

They have to rebuild anyway. The salary cap and age has got them. Might as well start fresh with blokes that wouldn't let the club get jerked around like this. As much as I hate Manly they'll rebuild. They've done it before.

betcats

Referee
There's also the question that's been floating around for a long time regarding how both would go if the other wasn't there and they were forced the be a side's number 1 half. It's highly likely Manly will lose at least 1 and they could realistically end up paying a fortune to keep the other who doesn't perform to that level on his own and has lost the support of a lot of fans due to the way it's been handled.

They have to rebuild anyway. The salary cap and age has got them. Might as well start fresh with blokes that wouldn't let the club get jerked around like this. As much as I hate Manly they'll rebuild. They've done it before.

They are both brilliant players but this is a fair question. Also manly have been the most consistently good team since well before they debuted with the best backline in league the last few years(maybe not last season).

Take all that away and they may suffer, they will always be class players and two of the best but they have been in a pretty great situation on field atleast until now.

Craig Johnston

First Grade

You mean like when Foran was playing grand finals before dce came to grade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts