What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How competitive is JT?

Bman26

Juniors
Him & Slater might be the most 110% players ever. If you were picking 2 league players to win you a game of tennis against federer and djokovic it would be those 2, immense. Also, love the way he kicked the shit out of the kicking tee after missing a goal then still picked it up to give to the kid!

Aus_Dog

Juniors
Despite commentators fawning over him, he is an awesome player. If he was still at the Bulldogs I think we would have won that Grand Final against Melbourne and maybe a few others along the way

isaiah

Bench
Despite commentators fawning over him, he is an awesome player. If he was still at the Bulldogs I think we would have won that Grand Final against Melbourne and maybe a few others along the way
Would have been way over the cap. Do you think players can magically stay without earning the extra dollars the better offer would have paid them?

DiegoNT

First Grade
The funniest moment from last night's game came when cowboys were down by 8 points, there was less them ten minutes left, cowboys were attacking warriors line and Thurston got tackled on the last
'That's not a bad option there by Thurston'
I literally LOL'd, can you imagine the bagging someone like Chris Sandow would of got in the same situation.
Don't think the Cowboy's form reversal has come of Thurston, I think it's more to do with the form of Morgan and taumololo

Munky

Coach
He's the best rep player I've seen (started seriously following in about 2000).

As good as Lockyer and Johns were, Thurston just seems to have the ball on a string when he plays for QLD and Australia.

ellskimore

Juniors
The funniest moment from last night's game came when cowboys were down by 8 points, there was less them ten minutes left, cowboys were attacking warriors line and Thurston got tackled on the last
'That's not a bad option there by Thurston'
I literally LOL'd, can you imagine the bagging someone like Chris Sandow would of got in the same situation.
Don't think the Cowboy's form reversal has come of Thurston, I think it's more to do with the form of Morgan and taumololo

I noticed this too. If it were any other player getting trapped on the last like that they would have savaged them.

DIMEAST

Juniors
Johnson comfortably outplayed Thurston in general play last night. Problem was his teammates made 14 crucial errors and gave the game away in the last minute.

Now Thurston will get more glory and Shaun will be labeled inconsistent again. Makes me wonder how good he could be in a good team like Souths or Melbourne. Granville was easily the best player for the Cowboys last night.

butchmcdick

Immortal
Do any of you remember the amount of 8 ropers the commentary crews uses to blow over Andrew johns ?

I really detested johns because of it

Could this situation be similar ?

mozza91

Coach
Do any of you remember the amount of 8 ropers the commentary crews uses to blow over Andrew johns ?

Spot on. The Inglis wankfest is the worst though. Considering he does jack shit 90% of the time.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee

100%

Still remember around the time Freddy was voted the most overrated player in the game by his peers. He was in horrible form for the Roosters early on in the season and it was as if the commentators took it upon themselves to talk him out of bad form during the game. For me that's probably what got him voted most overrated rather than his actual play.

soc123_au

Staff member

Bang on. It is heading the same way with Moylan too. Being a Panthers supporter I love the bloke, but some of the commentary wankfest is embarrassing. There was a game a few weeks ago he dropped it cold 10 out in attack & the commentary team still gave him a wrap & blamed the bloke who put it on his chest.

Card Shark

Immortal
Bang on. It is heading the same way with Moylan too. Being a Panthers supporter I love the bloke, but some of the commentary wankfest is embarrassing. There was a game a few weeks ago he dropped it cold 10 out in attack & the commentary team still gave him a wrap & blamed the bloke who put it on his chest.

Starting to believe his own hype - not good for him.

This Year?

Immortal
How am I whinging? I've heaped nothing but praise on JT.

He's the most competitive player I have ever seen. That's why he's an immortal & better than Joey.

Why else do you think he gets constant praise from commentators, regardless of performance? Because his competitiveness is infectious. How else do you think he received 3 Dally M points, even when other players have s better game? Because he leads by example with his competitiveness, and rubs off on the whole team.

:lol::lol::lol: competitive!

God-King Dean

Immortal
Tallis on the Monday Night Show.

'Thurston I've never seen a player compete more week to week'

No more needs to be said. The most competitive player of all time.

The fact that he can get so much praise, despite only setting up 2 tries in 2 games on 1 million bucks a year, is proof he should be an immortal.

Latest posts