What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings and even more Crap XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Diablo

Post Whore
he wouldn't be walking away unless his manager had something else lined up so he's either signed with the Roosters or Titans

Jodeci

Bench

insert.pause

First Grade
it's a terrible way to do business, when a ceo of a company makes a contract offer to a third party it is assumed he is doing so on behalf of the board, to then a few months later attempt to alter it on the basis the board never agreed to it is an appalling lack of oversight on many levels.

Gronk

Staff member
It just looks like we are trying to remove the "politics" clause and Foran and manager are going "get f**ked no way", there has been some negotiations. Yet Foran refuses to any changes, manager leaks to media - get this up you eels!! We control the situation !! Either back down or Foran walks.

Agree.

Jodeci

Bench
it just looks like we are trying to remove the "politics" clause and foran and manager are going "get f**ked no way", there has been some negotiations. Yet foran refuses to any changes, manager leaks to media - get this up you eels!! We control the situation !! Either back down or foran walks.

bingo

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
This from a poster on FB which seems to make more sense than any of the media drama queens

Parramatta are trying to change the terms of his contract... We do not know what the FULL extent of those terms are... Foran is well within his rights

the article should be titled
" is parramatta about to backflip on Kieran Foran "

Last edited:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Either way people, we have a signed contract. He can only (law experts correct me if I am wrong) walk if we let him.

I don't think a CEO leaving passes the "political" clause.

Gronk

Staff member
Either way people, we have a signed contract. He can only (law experts correct me if I am wrong) walk if we let him.

Agree with all of that. Staff churn does not equal club in crisis.

Someone

Bench

why wouldn't it?

and of course he can walk away if he wants to. It wouldn't be too dissimilar to any other employment contract. He isn't our f**king prisoner.

insert.pause

First Grade

yes, he has a contract, which means eels can't alter it without rescinding it, unless foran agrees to change.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
why wouldn't it?

and of course he can walk away if he wants to. It wouldn't be too dissimilar to any other employment contract. He isn't our f**king prisoner.

He has a contract, so he could walk but we could stop him playing sports for 4 years. See SBW / Lyons / Tallis etc etc

A CEO leaving is hardly a massive "political issue", it happens all the time. Barry posted some good stuff on this.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Agree. So worse comes to worse we just keep him.

Lets assume Foran is a professional and e-motional issues don't come into the picture. That he's capable of leaving everything personal out of the contract dramas. That he's strong relationship with Brad Arthur & Watmough is far more important and together working on getting this club back into the top 8 in the 2016 season and winning at least one premiership during Foran's 4 year contract.

Chipmunk

Coach
I doubt the word "political issue" is written in the contract.

I'm thinking the wording of the contract would say that Foran can terminate the contract at any time for whatever reason he sees fit. This is the reason why it has now become an issue.

I would imagine that "political issue" is a reason why Foran might terminate the contract and this has been used in media reports as 'an example', but I could also imagine that "a better offer somewhere else" would also be an option...

It's obvious that this agreement has been written in Foran's favour.

Chipmunk

Coach
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts