What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Woody90

Juniors
I kept seeing Conner Votano mentioned in the Eels forum. He isn’t linked to them is he? He’s probably one of the best junior talents I’ve seen. There is so much crazy talent behind KP with Armstrong, Sharpe and Pryce (attacking), but IMO Votano is the one we need to prioritise keeping other clubs away from (we’ll obviously lose some of them). Could play 6 definitely.

Frederick

Staff member
I think it's more wishful thinking from a desperate fanbase. Someone has also mentioned him in the Dragons forum.

Old dog

Bench
Votano is a huge talent and is quick without ever looking like he is flat out, very athletic with a good football brain.
Has a few f/b ahead of him so now would be a good time to develop his skills in other positions

Knight Tales

Bench
I love the fact AOB has realised winning junior comps means SFA when the standout talents are cherry picked or stagnate and we are left in quicksand trying to catch up.
Their pathway to first grade has to be clear regardless of how their teammates are going, If they are ready for the jump then so be it,

Last edited:

Woosh

Head Moderator
He acts on behalf of Mitchell Moses (player option in 2027), Will Penisini (player option in 2026) and off-contract rookie sensation Blaize Talagi, who has opted against taking up his option with the Eels for next season and has opened conversations with the Dragons and Knights, among others.

Sources with knowledge of the situation, talking under the condition of anonymity in order to speak freely, told this masthead that Isaac Moses is pushing the case for his client Blake Green.

Woody90

Juniors
Why the hell would we need Talagai? We’re already trying to cram 5 into 1 when it comes to fullbacks.

This screams of a Roosters type target of targeting him just because he has talent and is available rather than thinking of squad balance and I don’t like it.

PhilGould

Bench
Played mostly 5/8 and centre coming through the juniors. If we land him I’d assume it’s by offering the 6 jersey which he’s no chance of getting at Parra for the foreseeable future.

Doubt it happens but it’s good to actually be linked to some players (assuming it’s true). Means there’s at least some money to work with.

Woody90

Juniors
Played mostly 5/8 and centre coming through the juniors. If we land him I’d assume it’s by offering the 6 jersey which he’s no chance of getting at Parra for the foreseeable future.

Doubt it happens but it’s good to actually be linked to some players (assuming it’s true). Means there’s at least some money to work with.

I dunno - I know he’s played 6 and 3 but he looks like an out and out fullback to me, and didn’t he just come out and say he considers that his best position?

Would definitely take a punt on him at 6 if it meant no more Cogger, but I’m just not sure if that’s his best position.

Knight Tales

Bench
Schuster and Talagi links in the last week. Interesting times. Neither really make sense but in today’s market you have to be bold and hope it works. Everyone wants a top level player in a certain position but you can wait years for it .

Latest posts