What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'15 | Origin 3 | Wed 8 Jul | QLD 52-6 NSW | Suncorp

Origin III: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TheVelourFog

First Grade
simple

NSW forwards got ambushed
their halves aren't good enough to overcome that

and the 5 best Aussies in the world are Queenslanders

undertaker

Coach
Maybe the selectors need a tap in the shoulder first.

This, and then sack the 17 from tonight.

I still can't help but think of that Ennis blunder early in the game when leading 2-0, kicking early without seeing the huge 2-on-1 overlap. Things may have panned out very differently from the final 52-6 scoreline had we capitalised off that early in the game. Instead, NSW gives away penalities that allowed QLD to equalise at 2-all.

I know it's easier said that done when in a series decider played away from home, but the fact that he didn't even look to his right reveals the short-sightedness and what separates him from other #9's such as Smith, Luke et al.

Last edited:
NSW highlight of the night was Michael Ennis appointing himself as captain just so he could give the referee a serve.

Must have assumed that by replacing Farah he also got the vice captaincy thrown in.

some11

Referee
A few years ago someone said 'Only queensland care about origin' and i shook my head, but now i believe it. I wanted QLD to score 70. I felt no emotional attachment to that team. Nor the blue jumper.

Our work here is done.

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
Our halves can barely play ball even when our forwards dominate like they did in game 2.

We simply don't have enough points in us to worry QLD.

Delboy

First Grade
Fulton really needs to be relieved of a selection duties,he is yesterday's man and it shows

Not sure who would replace him, but it's time for him to move on, absolutely time

Nice Beaver

First Grade
End of the day, the Qld forwards were simply magnificent.

When you have that sort of possesion dominance with the likes of Thurston, Inglis and Cronk its game over. The way NSW reacted was amateur hour stuff.

Momentum is a killer. Especially when you GIVE momentum over and over.

insert.pause

First Grade
End of the day, the Qld forwards were simply magnificent.

When you have that sort of possesion dominance with the likes of Thurston, Inglis and Cronk its game over. The way NSW reacted was amateur hour stuff.

Momentum is a killer. Especially when you GIVE momentum over and over.

Yep, just kept digging themselves deeper & deeper.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
That was some of the dumbest football I have ever seen. It could easily have been 70...

I honestly don't think they completed a set in the last 20. The possession finished 70-30. 22 sets and only 15 completed. WTF were they doing. The penalty count was something like 12-5, but the penalties they gave away were not assisting in slowing the game down. It only served to provide further field position and possession. Stupid offloads and rushed passes, not getting to a kick, or kicking out on the full. Such as waste. I don't know how you fix that. Clearly there are a number of players out there who shouldn't be. Hopoate, Pearce, Woods, Cordner and perhaps Jackson shouldn't have been selected. 768m gained to 1601m... Scott had one job in the first two games. What happened? Thurston ran riot out there.

Queensland were too good. Far too good. It was an embarrassing performance that may take a while to recover from if not for the fact a few QLD players will make the call to pull the pin after winning like that.

Latest posts