What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gal tells 10 year old to f**k off

webShark

That you must pay your dues? Protection money? Don't want our windows smashed at 3am do we?

Mafia equals Murdoch Press?

We are a paranoid bunch. Doubt Gall has a case to answer. In truth we are a low tier outfit. Why would the press have an agenda against us? Only reason is they might be pro other teams, not Anti Sharks.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
We are a paranoid bunch. Doubt Gall has a case to answer. In truth we are a low tier outfit. Why would the press have an agenda against us? Only reason is they might be pro other teams, not Anti Sharks.

Are we getting a rough deal from the Murdoch press?

coolumsharkie

Referee
Club statement

Link wouldnt work.

The Club notes assertions in today?s media in relation to an alleged verbal exchange between our Club Captain Paul Gallen and an adult spectator at the completion of two recent home matches.

Club CEO Lyall Gorman offers the following response.

?To say that Paul is shattered by some of the assertions in the article is an understatement and he has asked me to launch a detailed investigation.

?As he said to me this morning, my (his) kids have to go to school today and live with that about their father when some of it is just simply not true.

?The initial enquiries from those present at the time of the alleged exchanges certainly indicate inconsistencies from what has been reported, but at this stage those findings will remain internal.

?Our Club, and the playing group across the board, take their responsibilities and obligations to uphold the image of the game at all times very seriously and have become renowned for the exceptional contribution and engagement it?s playing group maintains day in day out with its Member and fan base, corporate partners and its community at large.

?It is accepted across every level of our organisation and our broader Sharks family that continually leading the charge in this regard is Paul Gallen whose spontaneous ?beyond the call of duty? commitment and ?drop everything mindset? to engaging with young boys and girls, members and supporters, corporate partners, those less fortunate in our Community and the young or old is commented on wherever we go.

?Indeed overnight our Club has been inundated with support for Paul as our Members and fans share many stories of the incredible personal time he has given over so many years to them and the way he has touched the hearts and minds of so many, one family citing the following:

My wife, myself and our 5 month old baby drove from Melbourne up to Sydney for that same game against the Cowboys and we met Gallen and the other players after the game in the sheds and he was very polite and friendly. I'm a bit confused at how he could change so dramatically in such a short period of time.

As referenced within an article published in the Sydney Morning Herald today, Paul has also long been an advocate for spreading anti-bullying messages in schools and in support of NRL programs.

?In relation to the post-match incidents and the media article which appeared on-line last night, I had previously written to the family concerned following the first alleged incident, offering to catch up and discuss their concerns. This invitation was respectfully declined. I had also written to the family extending our Club?s apologies for the way they felt, regardless of the facts.

?Following the Sharks-Tigers game last weekend I had in fact engaged in a post-match discussion with the father and felt the matter was settled following our discussion.

?Clearly in proceeding to present the cards to Paul, inscribed the way they were and in the fashion in which they were presented, I was wrong.

?As a result of this incident a detailed review will be taken internally, not only of the assertions, but also including the level of security and access to our players pre and post-match.

?While they have to accept that they live in a fish bowl environment, our Club has continually gone to great extremes to make our players available after a game but it might be now time to review our processes.?

That literally had me tearing up.

f**king truth, get f**ked.. oh and by the way get f**kked.

Yours sincerely Lyall n Gal..

Yo!

drago brelli

Bench
So when will the defamation case proceed. Gal, I highly recommend two of Sydney's top silks Houda and Murphy. Sorry Gal, you can't enlist Dyson Heydon he is otherwise occupied.

Why would you publish this and leave your name and details all over it?

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...3351922?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Since i posted this last night, the story has been edited so that the original email to Lyall gorman has been deleted and reference to the names of the people has been removed.

Very easy to find the family and all their personal details on facebook. foolish people.

Last edited:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
So the DT has confirmed that emails were exchanged. Still have no facts that the incidents took place.

The only source happens to be a woman who was on the central coast at the time the incident took place, in cronulla.

Surely

Post Whore
My husband stood outside in the freezing cold after the game with the 3 boys for over 1/1/2 hours waiting to catch Paul Gallon

Do people do this shit , that's dedication

Jono Russell

Bench
If they have 4 CCTV cameras as stated by someone in this thread why not release the footage (shouldn't be hard to find since a date and rough times have been established) and move on.

It either happened or it didn't. I hate this stuff dragging on when it really doesn't need to.

Banana Peel

Juniors
These people remind of Andrea from the 1st season of The Real Housewives of Melbourne.

Andrea devoted all her time to pinning down Gina wanting an apology for walking on her tennis court in stilettos.

They're insufferable.

Last edited:

carcharias

Immortal
So this chick ( her hubby obviously can't type an email ) was offered a face to face meeting with Gorman .
Sadly , she doesn't have the time..
Yet , the father and kid involved can drive from the Central coast and hang around after the game for autographs?
Why didn't he ask to speak with Gorman then?
I'm sure lyall would give the bloke 10 mins of his time.
He is very approachable even on game day.

shadowboxer

First Grade
So this chick ( her hubby obviously can't type an email ) was offered a face to face meeting with Gorman
As I mentioned earlier, poor bloke has nothing. Sound like his wife wears the pants, his kids follow suit. I mean who stands around waiting for players 90 minutes after the game? A dedicated father or a stalker. Please go away

Jono Russell

Bench
As I mentioned earlier, poor bloke has nothing. Sound like his wife wears the pants, his kids follow suit. I mean who stands around waiting for players 90 minutes after the game? A dedicated father or a stalker. Please go away

A guy that doesn't want to go home to his wife so is happy to wait around because it means he has a few more hours of freedom. Poor bloke actually feel sorry for him. It was the wife that orchestrated the whole thing right down to writing in the cards and demanding the husband hand them to Gal. Sounds more legit now.

Surely

Post Whore
So the headline should read

Pussy whipped father invents story to avoid getting into trouble with wife for not getting autograph

Inferno

Coach
So mum is complaining about poor language being used in front of her son but is ok for him to call someone a dickhead in writing?

What a wonderful parent.

Generalzod

Immortal
I'm you're biggest fan:

[youtube]aSLZFdqwh7E[/youtube]

Dear Slim, you still ain't called or wrote, I hope you have a chance
I ain't mad - I just think it's f**kED UP you don't answer fans
If you didn't wanna talk to me outside your concert
you didn't have to, but you coulda signed an autograph for Matthew
That's my little brother man, he's only six years old
We waited in the blistering cold for you,
four hours and you just said, "No."