What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cox Plate

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I love this race,i know alot of kents don't like this race being at the Valley but i love it,love when shit hit the fan at the 800m in the Cox Plate and horses start making there moves and taking off from the back

nom nom

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Put 100 on Highland Reel at 26/1 like 4 years ago so if that wins it would be nice,Gailo Chop is a great price,high quality horse,Complacent is capable of a big run and of course Criterion will be right there at the end

Already backed

Highland Reel

Will back

Complacent and Gailo Chop as my roughies

Warhorse

Have to throw the old mate Criterion in there somewhere too,he's flying

lockyno1

Post Whore
Highland Reel (already have $20-1 on him as a future market). Quinella with Arod. I'll have Kermedec/Preferment in for the trifecta. going to leave Winx out due to the barrier.

diggo

Juniors
I think The Cleaner will ruin Highland Reel's chances.

I'm on Arod.. Great form behind Solow. If Arod can slot in behind the cleaner, will be very tough to beat.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
The Cox Plate is the best horse race in Australia.

Cannot handicap a champion with 63kgs, and give a same age horse 49 kgs.

Sure MelCup and CauCup great handicaps.

The cox winner is the best horse of spring for mine.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
I think The Cleaner will ruin Highland Reel's chances.

I'm on Arod.. Great form behind Solow. If Arod can slot in behind the cleaner, will be very tough to beat.

Yeah you could be right there fella,i wouldn't recommend Highland Reel at its current price to anyone but at 26/1 ill cheer the f**ker home and hope for the best

andrew057

First Grade
Highland Reel (already have $20-1 on him as a future market). Quinella with Arod. I'll have Kermedec/Preferment in for the trifecta. going to leave Winx out due to the barrier.

Winx will be fine from barrier 1 with Bowman on board.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Well I'm on Highland Reel at 26's too so you can rule it out :lol:

Cracking race as usual, stacks of chances but I think if the internationals come with their best form they will be hard to beat.

I'll prob chuck something small on my mate Complacement though, after he missed a start in the CC where I had him at massive odds I'd be spewing if he did something here and I wasn't on him.

Apart from that though I might just sit down with a beer and enjoy the spectacle :cool:

dogz08

First Grade
[youtube]ObsVa01uA3c[/youtube]
[youtube]cWHtPx-DXVo[/youtube]
[youtube]03IPy_e6Tjw[/youtube]
[youtube]8UOT3czMV0E[/youtube]
[youtube]dqYzuy2zrfE[/youtube]
[youtube]cu_umn8F-WY[/youtube]

definitely my favorite race of the year

chigurh

I love this race,i know alot of kents don't like this race being at the Valley but i love it,love when shit hit the fan at the 800m in the Cox Plate and horses start making there moves and taking off from the back

nom nom

Agree Haynetrain, best race of the year for mine. Don't have any prob with the Valley either, love the track and the venue

Gina Minehart

Juniors
Don't think I've found the winner since I was on track in 06-07 during the diva's reign of terror

Good spectacle but hate the f**king track. Won't be burning significant cash on it

lockyno1

Post Whore
Agree Haynetrain, best race of the year for mine. Don't have any prob with the Valley either, love the track and the venue

Mooney Valley just causes me to drink excessively. Great venue for roughies in Quaddies' though:lol:

WaznTheGreat

Referee
2nd in a Cox Plate behind Shamus Award,close up 6th in last years Cox Plate behind Adelaide(actually finished in front of Criterion),got some form back last start behind Criterion in the Caulfield Stakes,Mongo came out of that race and won the Cup

:shock:f**k sake,too many good horses in this race

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Criterion,Happy Trails and Complacent are the ones im liking the best,I backed Gailo Chop and Highland Reel before they even arrived in Aus,gonna be a great race.