What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lafai or Hopoate?

Lafai or Hopoate?

• Tim Lafai

Votes: 117 88.6%
  • Will Hopoate

Votes: 15 11.4%

• Total voters
Who would you rather in your team?

IMO the Bulldogs are f**king stupid.
Lafai is at least 17.5x the player Hopoate is...

Lafai.

Pre-Mormon mission Hoppa was a freak though. If the Dogs can get him back to that then it's a solid deal.

Don't know why they'd risk it though. Perhaps there is extenuating circumstances, still a bizarre decision from the family club.

lafai

Bench
Tim had a pretty shit season this year if we're being honest and hasn't really been good since 12/13 when he wasn't even a full-time first grade centre. But Hoppa.. yikes. We're stupid if we release Tim, Cook & Pritchard for Garvey and Will :lol: We may as well get Jamal back.

Tim had a pretty shit season this year if we're being honest and hasn't really been good since 12/13 when he wasn't even a full-time first grade centre. But Hoppa.. yikes. We're stupid if we release Tim, Cook & Pritchard for Garvey and Will :lol: We may as well get Jamal back.
Lafai was beast last year.

Incorrect

Coach
If Hoppa was being paid Lafai's wages and could get back to his pre mission form then it's a no brainer. But they are 2 pretty big IF'S... He's surely asking for a lot more than Lafai would be on and his form is a long way away from 2011... As an Eels fan I'd take Lafai in a heartbeat going by recent form and salary requests....

Dogs Of War

Coach
I don't think it's so much that in thatvreynolds doesn't complement his style. Lafai uses his feet well but Reynolds too often delivers him the ball in situations where he has to break tackles which is not his forte he is much better creating holes by standing up the defence and needs early ball for that to happen

lafai

Bench
He looked slow , rarely hit the line at speed and stopped before nearly every tackle to try and push the defenders off, defence down his side was terrible.*

This is from another forum but this is pretty much my exact thoughts about him this year

Tommy Smith

Referee
I watched every Dogs game. Josh outplayed him all but a handful of games this year. He just hasn't been the same because of all his injuries.
I'm pretty sure that he meanslast year as in 2014. And I thought Lafai was one of the best centres in the comp that year.

GongPanther

Referee
Gus Twatted that we are not speaking to Lafai's manager.Which means we'll be seeing him in Panthers colours from next season.