What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 captain

franklin2323

Immortal
Hope so, he is doing the right things so far. Blake needed a kick up the bum and got it respectfully.

I dare say he's not the only one to get that kick up the bum. All these stories being in the press recently about the halves. Will fire up Sowie and Seg too so that will benefit us too

franklin2323

Immortal
Making Moylan captain allows Griffin to drop Wallace.
If he picked Wallace or Taylor there would have been a good chance in 12 months time of another captain.
Moylan gets on well with the younger players in the team and has no trouble ordering the seniors around.

That's the thing. I can't see either being here next year. You'd think Grevsmuhl is a straight swap for Taylor

betcats

Referee
I dare say he's not the only one to get that kick up the bum. All these stories being in the press recently about the halves. Will fire up Sowie and Seg too so that will benefit us too

You could hear Sowie was keen to prove something in that MMM interview the other week. I think he plays his best with a chip on his shoulder so all the media talk is good. Seggy hopefully got a kick up the bum because there isn't really anyone to push him for his spot as this point, Katoa looks like a good player but is very young and ZDC seems more like a reserve grader than anything else.

That's the thing. I can't see either being here next year. You'd think Grevsmuhl is a straight swap for Taylor

Merrin & Cartwright getting big minutes. Peachey too. Grev wouldn't come across to play 20 or 30 off the bench. It just wouldn't make sense. I think Taylor will go. Possibly wherever Cleary ends up.

darkbloom

Juniors
Brilliant choice, in my opinion.

Of course it remains to be seen whether he will be a great captain but that is true of anyone who first takes on the role - no-one really knows until they have a crack.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
The best thing about this is that it reduces the chance of Wallace being automatic first pick when fit in the halves.

kyussian

Juniors
My initial reaction was similar to the Griffin & Hiku signings - unsure - but the more I reflect, the happier I am about the decision. Moylan has obviously demonstrated the leadership qualities & maturity to the coaching staff in preseason to be entrusted with this role so why not take the opportunity now to allow him to take his game to the next level while senior personnel are still around to help him succeed?

He has been our 'go-to' man in clutch situations in recent times & believe he will only thrive further with the added 'official' responsibility. I am hopeful that this could be the masterstroke that will be looked back in years to come as the moment when this club turned things around.

At worst case, his game could unravel & he'll never reach his potential & set the team back another 5 years! Best case, he could be our most successful ever captain & lead this club for the next 10 years!

Either way, I’m willing to give him a shot & backing him all the way!

mxlegend99

Referee
The fact we could have a 10 year captain in Moylan is what excites me most. If injuries are kind he could break all sorts of records for us. As unlikely as it is... if he could play every game for the next 10 years with a few finals matches thrown in he demolishes the games played for us. Longest and most games as our captain. Possibly point scoring records if he also becomes our main goal kicker.

I don't think any of them are likely. But they are possible. He's a perfect player for kids to grow up idolizing.

Randy81

Juniors
I think one of the best things is that will help signing him up long term when negotiations come around. If it is "his team", then as a leader may be more inclined to knock back those bigger offers.
The headlines which are created when a captain is dropped (i.e could happen to wallace) are also removed - which allows griffin to stamp his mark on the halves.
Smart move all round imo

betcats

Referee
During the press conference they asked Griffin where Moylan would play if there was a game tomorrow and he said he would play a half at 1 and a half at 6 so it seem like they will keep us guessing until the team is named for round 1.

franklin2323

Immortal
During the press conference they asked Griffin where Moylan would play if there was a game tomorrow and he said he would play a half at 1 and a half at 6 so it seem like they will keep us guessing until the team is named for round 1.

I'd rather that. Keep the squad on their toes too... I reckon the Parra trial will be our round 1 side barring injuries

Bob

Juniors
Great choice by Griffin, now just move him into the halves with Soward, Dallin to fullback, and Jennings to wing

TheFrog

Coach

Or maybe 1 in defence and 6 in attack?

I'd be flabbergasted if Moylan isn't named at 1 for the first game.

Latest posts