What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Chasing Hastings

Dragonscales

Juniors
http://www.nospam47.com/league/news...ra-jackson-hastings/nfaj2oj0jtgf1711isi4y7idu

St George Illawarra fans coming to grips with their club’s unsuccessful pursuit of Luke Keary have now turned their sights to Roosters youngster Jackson Hastings.

MORE: The one bloke your team can't stop | The Lurker: The move that could keep Semi in Sydney

Dragons supporters are divided on whether Keary would have been a good buy and are equally split over Hastings.

Would luring him back home be a better alternative than going with the Gareth Widdop-Benji Marshall combination again next year?

Keary’s move to the Roosters all but ends any hope the out-of-favour Hastings had of staying at Bondi.

He was offered to the Dragons earlier in the season but they turned him down.

FlameThrower

Bench
http://www.nospam47.com/league/news...ra-jackson-hastings/nfaj2oj0jtgf1711isi4y7idu

St George Illawarra fans coming to grips with their club?s unsuccessful pursuit of Luke Keary have now turned their sights to Roosters youngster Jackson Hastings.

MORE: The one bloke your team can't stop | The Lurker: The move that could keep Semi in Sydney

Dragons supporters are divided on whether Keary would have been a good buy and are equally split over Hastings.

Would luring him back home be a better alternative than going with the Gareth Widdop-Benji Marshall combination again next year?

Keary?s move to the Roosters all but ends any hope the out-of-favour Hastings had of staying at Bondi.

I don't see too many real options..the kid is still young and maybe a move back to the Dragons would sort him out...

hazzbeen

Bench

St George Illawarra fans coming to grips with their club?s unsuccessful pursuit of Luke Keary have now turned their sights to Roosters youngster Jackson Hastings.

Keary?s move to the Roosters all but ends any hope the out-of-favour Hastings had of staying at Bondi.

Its a complete circus regarding our signings , we are used as a platform to up players dollars

TheRev

First Grade
The story came out so fast I have a feeling there is no substance to it.. but.. we have to sign a halfback for 2017, and I think it has to be a young one due to lack of options now... Another yeah of Benji seems unlikely.

I didnt notice before but if you exclude Hutchinson (who the club musnt see as 'the next' 7 cause they refused to play him when Benji was injured).. any one of Mann, Nona, Wallace, Dufty could potentially be developed, but all of them are 5/8's, and I dont think we need them there while Widdop is fit & healthy.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
The story came out so fast I have a feeling there is no substance to it.. but.. we have to sign a halfback for 2017, and I think it has to be a young one due to lack of options now... Another yeah of Benji seems unlikely.

I didnt notice before but if you exclude Hutchinson (who the club musnt see as 'the next' 7 cause they refused to play him when Benji was injured).. any one of Mann, Nona, Wallace, Dufty could potentially be developed, but all of them are 5/8's, and I dont think we need them there while Widdop is fit & healthy.
Came out so fast it can only have come from Hastings manager.

TheRev

First Grade
Came out so fast it can only have come from Hastings manager.
Possibly, but I think its just a jigsaw puzzle story.. when we got trumped on Keary, the only way to connect the remaining pieces is Keary > Roosters > Hastings > Dragons.

dragon thomo

Juniors
Another option could be Chris Sandow he is in England and what l have heard he may be getting the man of steel award. Maybe he has grown up finally

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
I don't mind Hastings and I think he could be a good get. But I have been super impressed with Jai Field, he looks like he could be a bit of a prospect.

Dragsters

First Grade
I don't mind Hastings and I think he could be a good get. But I have been super impressed with Jai Field, he looks like he could be a bit of a prospect.

Hastings may be worth a crack on a short term deal with an option if he gels with the team and proves effective.

Jai Field has talent, as does Payne and both would benefit from time in the cutters first.

TheRev

First Grade
Jai Field has talent, as does Payne and both would benefit from time in the cutters first.
Field I think has 2 years left in 20's? Something like that, I think he needs quite a few years of development, plus he can put some meat on those bones.

Also not sure if hes the chatty halfback we need, I rly want a leader, a talker.. we have had to manfucture leaders out of Creagh & Widdop, and I think they would be much better suited to being senior players but focusing on their own games.

The money question is 2017 I think, I dont think I can do another 18 months of dire defensive football, we need some points from the 7 we bring in.

RedVDragon

Juniors
He may be partying too hard with Pearce and Johns. The rorters are a club that has badly influenced Jackson. Possibility of him returning may do the kid well. In terms of ability he has it over Keary.

Forster Dragon

Juniors
This is a funny one.Maybe a bit of Karma with Hastings back at Dragons where he belongs.The kid always excelled in the Red and White and just maybe it is meant to be.Sign him and he will ultimately prove a quality buy,remembering he is only a lad and will get better.

It pains me to say this but I think we should even consider Carney (subject to NRL registering his contract).

And on Hastings, I like the kid. Attitude aside, he has lots of potential IMHO. I wouldn't mind having him and Bird back with the club.

And speaking of Bird, I can't believe the speed of his development. I was very sad to see him leave (and subsequently miss out on his signature again) but I doubt his accelerated growth would have occurred under Dragons systems.

Straight Shooter

Latest posts