What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs Panthers Discussion + Voting

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I mentioned this already but im expecting the Broncos to flog the shit out of this rabble. Hopefully maranta lock himself in his bathroom on gameday.

gUt

Coach
It must be nice to have every call go your way, especially when playing a pack of bored, tired old losers like the Broncos. There's no way we're getting anywhere near the GF this year. Pathetic.

user_nat

Coach
Looking forward to Bennett claiming that was a good effort.

Kinda hard to identify a specific problem currently. Thinking its a problem up the top, coach/captain.

gUt

Coach
Only Boyd, the halves, Blair, McCullough and McGuire can claim they tried their best tonight. No one else looked interested.

lockyno1

Post Whore
If Ben Hunt is in the side next week, Bennett is having a laugh! He's done nothing all year!

Nerd

Bench
That is possibly the worst performance I have ever seen by the Broncos. There were also some very poor calls by the refs.

Nerd

Bench
If Ben Hunt is in the side next week, Bennett is having a laugh! He's done nothing all year!
I would have to agree. Bennett should just stick another back rower in his spot and let Milford feed the scrums.

gUt

Coach
I will give Hunt credit for effort this week. He took far more hit ups than a half should.

lockyno1

Post Whore
I will give Hunt credit for effort this week. He took far more hit ups than a half should.

Yeah those passes to no one were brilliant and that short kickoff that went into the grand stand were fantastic....

Remind me why we let Ashley Taylor go again...he's won more matches alone than Hunt has all year!

Nightward

Juniors
Yet that decision has bit us on the behind. Awful decision and it will cost us going forward unfortunately.

Maybe, maybe not. We've seen the heights Hunt can reach, but he's been broken since last year's Grand Final and shown limited signs of an ability to return to that form. Dropping him to Queensland Cup may not be the answer either since that could shatter what little self-confidence he has left just as easily as help him regain any. This being said some very hard questions are going to have to be asked in the off-season and next year.

McGuire cleaning up that prone Panthers with a swinging arm player basically summed up the night. No discipline, no foresight, no real willingness to work their way back into the game. Just looking for the soft option.

I wouldn't even be surprised if he gets a week or two off for that, either.

The usual crowd (Boyd, Gilett, McCullough, Oates, Parker, McGuire when he felt like it) were putting in an effort but the team as a whole just didn't back them up. They need to either switch Roberts to the left side or start getting him the ball too, when he gets an opportunity he does well with it but those are far and few between for him.

Nerd

Bench
What was really obvious was our lack of effort in defence. Our forwards were regularly put on their backs when tackled but rarely did this occur to the Penrith forwards allowing them quick play the balls. I'm also still struggling to understand some of the errors which occured. Both wingers bringing kicks back into the field of play were forced back into the in goal when they just needed to hit the ground was something your under 12's coach would get up you for. The short kicking game of Milford and Hunt was also atrocious.

AMD

Juniors
Looking forward to Bennett claiming that was a good effort.

Kinda hard to identify a specific problem currently. Thinking its a problem up the top, coach/captain.

I've started thinking this too. Nothing concrete to base it on at all, but I have a sneaky suspicion that Parker may be the problem.

Incredibly frustrating game to watch last night though, in between our drop balls and some really ordinary calls. Not ready to write the season off yet, but my god we need to turn it around fast.

Latest posts