What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kieran Foran Officially Signs With Warriors 1 Year

betcats

Referee
Worked alright for Cronulla with the recruits they've picked up over the past two years. Of course recruitment is an important aspect of the NRL, downplaying it is daft.

Coaching and culture is fairly important as well. Kearney may be an improvement but all he has from his previous head nrl coaching gig is a wooden spoon so he might not be, but hey at least you guys have your latest failed coach still on staff just to make sure things go smoothly lol what could go wrong?

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Same as when we regularly put 50 on Canberra. Not everything lasts forever.

And ?

Our defense is still the worst in the top 4 but it is improving

How will the warriors go from conceding 600 points to "fearsome " in the space of a year by adding a half

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
And ?

Our defense is still the worst in the top 4 but it is improving

How will the warriors go from conceding 600 points to "fearsome " in the space of a year by adding a half

Thinking the same, Scoring points isnt a problem.

What will change if there is no change in their shotty defense.

betcats

Referee
How is he dodgy and why are you still here betspussy? Nothing solid to make him dodgy at all? Where is your evidence?

I admire your naivety, I wish I could bury my head that far in the sand lol anyone involved in gambling with Eddie Hayson is a dodgy merkin who should not be involved in our game. Anytime Foran makes a mistake or has a bad game there will be a lot of people wondering, that's if the NRL decides to register his contract.

MilkShark

First Grade
Worked alright for Cronulla with the recruits they've picked up over the past two years. Of course recruitment is an important aspect of the NRL, downplaying it is daft.
Agreed. My point however is Warriors have some great players and should have been succeeding for years now.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
warriors are a basketcase and isn't going to change anytime soon. If you had to nominate a side that could be top of the table 6 points clear after round 10 and then go on to miss the 8 they would be the first club that comes to mind. Not sure if watching his outside backs drop sitters with the line open in front of them or watch them dummy and get tackled instead of passing to support either side/stepping on the outside and getting pushed out instead of scoring under the post/or basically doing everything they can not to score after kieran has done the great work putting them into space will be helpful to his mental problems

myrrh ken

First Grade
So how does this meltdown compare with the greats?

Hard to compare.

ECT and Raiderdave's were good because they were angry, insistent on the one point and went on for many pages.

WWs is good because he rambles off topic and ranges in emotion from anger to paranoia. But a bit shorter.

Grapple

Bench
No one doubts that the Warriors *should* be more competitive - but there are doubts about Foran's ability to even take the field consistently. Mental state, legal state, and fitness are all well up in the air.

As for the rest, mostly just taking the piss out of Wheelie because he's bringing it upon himself

Yeah there are doubts, that's the problem. Nobody knows his mental ability, legal state or fitness (wtf?!) but Foran himself. As if he doesn't have time to turn his fitness around anyway. The ONLY issue is the legal issues - which admittedly is massive, yet i'm sure the Warriors didn't go into with less knowledge than LU posters.

Coaching and culture is fairly important as well. Kearney may be an improvement but all he has from his previous head nrl coaching gig is a wooden spoon so he might not be, but hey at least you guys have your latest failed coach still on staff just to make sure things go smoothly lol what could go wrong?

Yes culture is important, that's why they brought in someone familiar and well respected by the players - Kearney. Like you can compare that rabble of an outfit Parra, with the squad he has in Auckland anyway. It's utterly ridiculous to assume Kearney will give the same results 5 years later with a completely different squad.
NZ has been hopeless when defending, that much has been proven. But it's not so much defending, but controlling the possession to build pressure. Part of that has been SJ coming of age, I believe (some very poor decisions at the 5th tackle). So there are a number of factors that influence a good defensive record.

Look, i'm a Bulldogs supporter, (largely without hope) and a Kiwi, but honestly as a longtime Rugby League fan thinking about the Warriors future gives me hope for next year the same way I see Penrith, going all the way. Of course the difference is that Penrith have showed continuous improvement where Warriors haven't, I still don't think it out of the realm of possibility for a club to do the opposite of their past given that they have the right tools for the job.

betcats

Referee
Yeah there are doubts, that's the problem. Nobody knows his mental ability, legal state or fitness (wtf?!) but Foran himself. As if he doesn't have time to turn his fitness around anyway. The ONLY issue is the legal issues - which admittedly is massive, yet i'm sure the Warriors didn't go into with less knowledge than LU posters.

Yes culture is important, that's why they brought in someone familiar and well respected by the players - Kearney. Like you can compare that rabble of Parra with the squad he has in Auckland anyway. It's utterly ridiculous to assume Kearney will give the same results 5 years later with a completely different squad.
NZ has been hopeless when defending, that much has been proven. But it's not so much defending, but controlling the possession to build pressure. Part of that has been SJ coming of age, I believe (some very poor decisions at the 5th tackle). So there are a number of factors that influence a good defensive record.

Look, i'm a Bulldogs supporter, (largely without hope) and a Kiwi, but honestly as a longtime Rugby League fan thinking about the Warriors future gives me hope for next year the same way I see Penrith, going all the way. Of course the difference is that Penrith have showed continuous improvement where Warriors haven't, I still don't think it out of the realm of possibility for a club to do the opposite of their past given that they have the right tools or the job.

I haven't assumed anything, As I said he might be an improvement, its a long way from a definite though. The rabble he had at Parramatta was in a grand final in 2009, missed the 8 in 2010 and then in 2011 Kearney was pumped up as a big signing and took them to within 1 loss of the spoon, then in 2012 things got worse. By time he finished coaching them they were a much bigger rabble then when he got them.

Grapple

Bench
I haven't assumed anything, As I said he might be an improvement, its a long way from a definite though. The rabble he had at Parramatta was in a grand final in 2009, missed the 8 in 2010 and then in 2011 Kearney was pumped up as a big signing and took them to within 1 loss of the spoon, then in 2012 things got worse. By time he finished coaching them they were a much bigger rabble then when he got them.

He never had the squad in 2009, which was largely led on the back of Hayne's freakish year anyway.
All you've proved is that Kearney inherited them two years later on a downhill slide, and tried to fix what was probably already broken.

Betcats, I'd happily agree it's not a definite that Kearney is the solution, nobody knows what he'll "actually" do. But given that he's not the only factor in the equation, (as i've already said) and that he has had some success with The Kiwi squad since then, leads me to conclude the Warriors have a much more positive outlook than this year, and it would be foolish to think otherwise.

Latest posts