What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bench tactics

southland

Juniors
I reckon this is in the back of flannos mind. He only gave kc 12 minutes last game which might suggest he doesnt fully trust him.
he only got 12 mins because the team was going great guns. No injuries and high energy. Beale only got about 12-15 mins as well I think.

Capewell or Beale, reasonable problem to have:smile:

Weaponhead

Coach
Flano has spoken of a consistent 19 man squad plus Capewell. We have been fortunate with injury and have had a tight squad. Fact is Taga and Paulo have been in the top squad most of the season.

KC had a mighty game against Canberra and got big minutes by circumstance rather than planning. Our low injury rate limited his opportunities but he has done well with those he has had.

Agree with Frenzy's assessment of Flano's thinking. He will err on experience and game plan.

Card Shark

Immortal
That's a bit of a myth. He's averaged less than 1 error a game this year.

Maybe, maybe not. Saw your stats the other day & it doesn't look so bad.

However, id like to see a drops per minute played / runs stat & I reckon that would paint a different picture.

ghoti

Bench
Taga if fit is a no-brainer. Need that size and power for a bit to shock them going into half-time, and grind out the first 15 of the 2nd half...Taga's great at doing both (as are Boogs and Heighno). Capewell is a future prospect, great to see him kick on last couple weeks, but more so cos it's promising for next year.

Purely for sentimental reasons I hope Taga gets to run out...he's been through the hard stuff the last few years and deserves it as much as anyone in the squad. Even if he's been a little unreliable, he's probably been one of our best forwards throughout some of those leaner years. I think Paulo goes ok and does his job, but Taga really, really deserves to return at the right time imo

Quigs

Immortal
when are the teams actually announced (well the first release initial squads)

millersnose

Post Whore
Given it was a state government controlled process it would not have mattered

If you want to get political labor were in power during the rejection years and made no secret of their hostility towards developers who they always accused of being in cohorts with the Libs

Quigs

Immortal
Given it was a state government controlled process it would not have mattered

If you want to get political labor were in power during the rejection years and made no secret of their hostility towards developers who they always accused of being in cohorts with the Libs

Bloody typical - always blamming Labor. Who was the Member For Cook during the entire time, you know the bloke that represented the electorate covering Cronulla and the Shire. The bloke that had his office at the end of the Mall. The voiceless bastard that is now strutting around everywhere telling the world how great a supporter he is/was/always.

jc155776

Coach
Speakman was horrendously against t wasn't he? Now all over the club. The only one who truly backed it publicly was Kent Johns.