What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2017 membership renewal

This Year?

Immortal
I didn't renew.

My sentiments were pretty much the same as Willow's.

I was considering just doing the Kogarah one but I thought about how the Kogarah games seem to be against the same clubs and at the times hardest to get to the games (the only one that gets any real excitement is the local derby).

I feel so disenfranchised by the club and the NRL that I don't want to give either a cent.

Enough is enough.

1st & 10

Juniors
I didn't renew.

My sentiments were pretty much the same as Willow's.

I was considering just doing the Kogarah one but I thought about how the Kogarah games seem to be against the same clubs and at the times hardest to get to the games (the only one that gets any real excitement is the local derby).

I feel so disenfranchised by the club and the NRL that I don't want to give either a cent.

Enough is enough.

Bingo!!!!!

1st & 10

Juniors
Sorry but you're not a true supporter.

I consider this to be fair and balanced criticism (that's why they call me objective view).

Straight Shooter

Hi OV. first time converged, and like the was you speak you mind.

However I disagree. No one minds a loss or the occasional finals miss, that's Footy. Its the negligence, the non listening of fans, the lack of foresight in the recruit and retention, the boys club, the autocratic leadership and the overall arrogance of DOUST (reminds me of Colts owner Jim Irsay). You could keep going on. Its not about the fan anymore, its all about the DOUST. Why should fans hand over their hard earned, when management dont seem to to give a stuff

Cheers Mate

This is going to be very interesting moving forward.

I stayed up late last night reading through facebook comments and forums etc about Dragons fans and memberships.

I stopped just over 400 comments read with a percentage of just above 93% not renewing with only 7% being members again for 2017.

Obviously these are just comments but if everyone who has stated they will not renew until major change takes place in upper Management and Head Coach then the missed $$$$$$$ will be enormous not to mention the embarrassment.

Media will also pick up on this down the track as well.

I'm sure Doust must be concerned with only minimal renewals coming through.

Change must happen, perhaps it will come late like Penrith did this year with Griffin.

Hi OV. first time converged, and like the was you speak you mind.

However I disagree. No one minds a loss or the occasional finals miss, that's Footy. Its the negligence, the non listening of fans, the lack of foresight in the recruit and retention, the boys club, the autocratic leadership and the overall arrogance of DOUST (reminds me of Colts owner Jim Irsay). You could keep going on. Its not about the fan anymore, its all about the DOUST. Why should fans hand over their hard earned, when management dont seem to to give a stuff

Cheers Mate

Mate, I agree with you!! I was having a go at someone who wants to renew.

Straight Shooter

Dragons 09

Juniors

Or is he? I personally think he can hardly contain his joy.

I'll clarify right from the outset that I am not a Doust fan and have made that known in many of my posts. But i am one of the minority who believes (and I have reason to believe i am correct) that he never wanted Mary, still doesn't want him and never will want him as our head coach. My immediate disappointment with Doust is that he was given the direction by the board to support and deliver Mary as coach, which he has done, but it was a decision he never agreed with and given the magnitude of the decision, the honorable thing to do would have been to resign his post in protest. He has now not only delivered Mary to us the first time against his will, he has sanctioned the impostor a 2nd time by delivering the news that he will still be coach in 2017.

But regardless of whether i think Doust is just happy to ride the gravy train regardless of his true view of Mary, don't be at all surprised if a severe decline in membership renewals and a public outpouring of member emotion that get's magnified by the media, is exactly what Doust wants to see. I am convinced he would like to see the ass end of Mary sooner rather than later, and if we all stay resolute with our membership cancellation intentions and are relentless in our condemnation of Mary, we are giving Doust the ammunition he needs to enable him to slap some sense into the "Mary's our Man" brigade. We just need to keep up the relentless pressure and condemnation, trust me (famous last words:D) but we are being heard.

blacksafake

First Grade
Or is he? I personally think he can hardly contain his joy.

I'll clarify right from the outset that I am not a Doust fan and have made that known in many of my posts. But i am one of the minority who believes (and I have reason to believe i am correct) that he never wanted Mary, still doesn't want him and never will want him as our head coach. My immediate disappointment with Doust is that he was given the direction by the board to support and deliver Mary as coach, which he has done, but it was a decision he never agreed with and given the magnitude of the decision, the honorable thing to do would have been to resign his post in protest. He has now not only delivered Mary to us the first time against his will, he has sanctioned the impostor a 2nd time by delivering the news that he will still be coach in 2017.

But regardless of whether i think Doust is just happy to ride the gravy train regardless of his true view of Mary, don't be at all surprised if a severe decline in membership renewals and a public outpouring of member emotion that get's magnified by the media, is exactly what Doust wants to see. I am convinced he would like to see the ass end of Mary sooner rather than later, and if we all stay resolute with our membership cancellation intentions and are relentless in our condemnation of Mary, we are giving Doust the ammunition he needs to enable him to slap some sense into the "Mary's our Man" brigade. We just need to keep up the relentless pressure and condemnation, trust me (famous last words:D) but we are being heard.
Hope you're right D 09.

FlameThrower

Bench
Just completed the NRL fan survey. It brings me no joy to have to do this at all. I love my Dragons but only course of action left is not to renew so that I can send a message to the Club. I truly hope the Club and Board take this seriously and by some miracle make much needed changes , down from Board structure, coaching and the whole recruitment and developing our juniors.
I suggest everyone complete the survey to send a solid message to the Club.

thebigredv

First Grade
http://leagueunlimited.com/news/29340-2017-nrl-club-membership-tracker/

Will be keeping a close eye on this.

2017 NRL Membership Tracker

MEL-16teamlist.png
8,060: 4 Oct Join Now!
MAN-16teamlist.png
5,470: 4 Oct Join Now!
NEW-16teamlist.png
5,344: 4 Oct Join Now!
WAR-16teamlist.png
2,397: 4 Oct Join Now!
SGI-16teamlist.png
No figure: sale: 4 Oct View info
NRL Total Memberships 25,367 - as at 4 Oct 2016

BrissyRedV

Bench
This is going to be very interesting moving forward.

I stayed up late last night reading through facebook comments and forums etc about Dragons fans and memberships.

I stopped just over 400 comments read with a percentage of just above 93% not renewing with only 7% being members again for 2017.

Obviously these are just comments but if everyone who has stated they will not renew until major change takes place in upper Management and Head Coach then the missed $$$$$$$ will be enormous not to mention the embarrassment.

Media will also pick up on this down the track as well.

Change must happen, perhaps it will come late like Penrith did this year with Griffin.
I suspect some of the apologists who will always renew regardless of how badly we are managed, did not bother to comment. However, if we get enough out of those saying they will not renew go through with it, that should be significant enough to enact some form of action. The NRL has a membership growth policy and if all clubs are not holding their end of the bargain, they need to do something.

Over the past 3 years we have already had a decrease of nearly 2000 members or 9% did not renew so further drops should signal that we have a significant problem. As of the 18th of July, only 4 clubs had not surpassed their 2015 membership tally including the Panthers, Titans, Knights and Us. The Panthers numbers were only just short of their 2015 total. The Knights predicament is understandable but a team that just 6 years ago were premiers to start seeing a constant decline in numbers is a worrying trend.

Latest posts