What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

RedVDragon

Juniors
Agree he has been coached the skills out of him. He is playing like Trent Barrett did back in the day he played under Brown. This style is crap so I would say it definitely the influence of Mccrap as he was involved in the coaching group under Dumb (Brown) and Dumber (Mary).

Coffs dragon

Bench
This club has rocks in it's head for letting Jason Demetriou walk out the door into the hands of the Broncos in order to keep an old boy dud coach. Now once he is finally punted.....who fills the shoes temporarily? Both Hornby, Young & Head are too inexperienced & perhaps carry plenty of Mary's baggage/garbage. JD would have been a walk up start. Another wonderful management f.ck up!

Old Timer

Coach
Anyone else notice how often McFookknuckle starts talking by saying "yeah"
Evidently Advanced Hair Studios have had him in their radar for a fair while and said they would take him off our hands once he learns his lines which he's been practising for a couple of years now
I say "yeah yeah" but can someone please do a voice over for him so we can get in with our footy season?

BigBoss

Juniors
Honestly as a longtime Dragons/Blues fan the last 5 to 6 years have been terrible. Neither team has any talent and trying to watch either of them just ends up in disappointment in the end. I mean it could always be worse, hell the knights only won 1 game last year but I still find myself starting to loose a bit of my passion for rugby league sometimes.

Looks like I wont be going to any home games again this year. Seriously what's the point? We are garbage. We are captainless. We are coachless. We have no halves. We have no gameplan. And our CEO is the greatest survivor in rugby league history; regardless of how incompetent he has been the entire time. His 1 and only goal has 'always' been self preservation. It's honestly just been one dumb decision after another while he has been there. I'm half expecting Ben Hornby/Dean Young to be appointed coach next year. Honestly would I be surprised? Not at all. More jobs for the boys? 'Hell yeah keep em comin!' says Doust. Screw treating it like a business.

I'm just about over this club tbh. Nothing ever fooking changes. It's always the same old, same old.

Definition of Insanity:
Doing the same thing over and over again & expecting a different result.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Dragons will win the first couple of games. Mary will sign an extension and then lose 80% of the remaining games.

Uplifting

Juniors
I think the club has listened to all the staff about what needs to change and made those changes. E.g. Give recruitment greater autonomy, prescribe training, and aloud Mary to focus on the players, selection and playing footy.

If the team doesn't win games he'll have no excuse and will be gone.

I just hope for the sake of the players and fans they make the assessment of the coaches progress before it's too late for a better 2017.

SaintPauli

Juniors
5 rounds to perform is plenty of notice to coach and players. Considering
so many players are off contract next year you'd expect BIG PERFORMANCES.
Yes management need to treat our woeful performances as a dead serious alarm bell for change
and that means stop this "Boys Club mentality" and make tough decisions for the benefit of US FANS!
We have a BIG HALVES ISSUE and Nona deserves a crack with Field. I can see Nona field as a cracking combo. Widdop to fullback , Dugan to center.
Also yesterday was as I predicted , opposition teams will target our left side defence. Flo is slow. Once Great player but based on souths tactics and direction of play, coaches are no doubt of aware his weakness in speed. Opposition wingers are taller, faster and jump higher. We're going to see this all year. Mann would be a better replacement as he was our leading try scorer last year with only half a season in first grade. he has speed and is taller.

Smurf

Juniors
Please please go Mc Wreaker
I want a new coach now and I want some of the juniors given a go.

I can't believe we have just played the charity shield and I am already sad and gutted .

Carlton

Juniors
I know people are frustrated with widdop but take a look at the facts. He is being played outside of his true strengths. Just like they did with Benji who will shine at broncos this year.

Widdop was very very solid at storm and when he first joined us, if people recall, he got the team going forward and we went really well for the first half season.

Price and then McMoron then changed his role and they have ruined him. I feel sorry for the guy. Under Bennett or Bellamy he would still be a critical cog in an overall well oiled machine.

Don't fall into the spin of McMoron and blame our players - the problem is the coach.

It is so obvious to anyone who knows Rugby League.

Widdop is supposed to be an elite playmaker, Mary is a problem but so is Widdop. Don't let him off the hook, he has not performed for years. Halves have come and gone but Widdop has remained and so have the same issues with attack.

To think Price shafted Soward for this rubbish.

Carlton

Juniors
5 rounds to perform is plenty of notice to coach and players. Considering
so many players are off contract next year you'd expect BIG PERFORMANCES.
Yes management need to treat our woeful performances as a dead serious alarm bell for change
and that means stop this "Boys Club mentality" and make tough decisions for the benefit of US FANS!
We have a BIG HALVES ISSUE and Nona deserves a crack with Field. I can see Nona field as a cracking combo. Widdop to fullback , Dugan to center.
Also yesterday was as I predicted , opposition teams will target our left side defence. Flo is slow. Once Great player but based on souths tactics and direction of play, coaches are no doubt of aware his weakness in speed. Opposition wingers are taller, faster and jump higher. We're going to see this all year. Mann would be a better replacement as he was our leading try scorer last year with only half a season in first grade. he has speed and is taller.

Why would you have Widdop in the team? What makes you think he would be a good fullback? Is it his defence, Is it his hole running, Is it his passing, Is it his kicking, Is it because he plays so aggressively? To be honest I don't think he scores competent on any one of these things.

since77

Juniors
Let's all just calm down a little, I'm sure Mary has the skill set, knowledge and expertise to get the team going again.
Need I remind everyone we did make the finals in 2015 :rolleyes:

You forgot it went to extra time too - Mary loves mentioning that as often as possible too. Thats it - our highest point since Bennett left.....

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Given the body language between the two at yesterdays presser, it really looks like Widdop couldn't give a flying $%# what McGregor says.
I don't think Widdop is going to be the marquee we wanted, but I do believe he can play much better than he has been giving us.
Could it be that Widdop is deliberately playing this way so that McGregor gets the axe? I mean he's stated he wants to stay with the Dragons (Widdop I mean) and he and his family are settled in the Gong. You would think he would go back through his games in 2016 and see what needed to change, however, given yesterdays CS game nothing has.
I'd be curious to see if McGregor is sacked and whoever comes in as coach or caretaker coach to see if Widdops form turns around.

Latest posts