What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positives for 2017 season

ALSGI

Bench
Ok, I'm desperately trying to lift the spirit here and be positive before the coin's tossed next weekend.

What do you think are some of the positives for 2017.

Here are some that I think are positives:

1. Field and Dufty. Look to have more potential than any we've seen in many, many years.
2. We won a game in the 9's (thanks Warriors).
3. McInnes seems a positive change from Rein.
4. We have a better forward pack.
5. We don't have to throw things at the TV when Benji's f**ked up again.
6. ???????
7. Great odds for the title, and I couldn't resist - hope to collect over $8k in October.

Help me out here people, just stick to the positives please.

Como Connection

First Grade
Ok, I'm desperately trying to lift the spirit here and be positive before the coin's tossed next weekend.

What do you think are some of the positives for 2017.

1. Field and Dufty. Look to have more potential than any we've seen in many, many years.
2. We won a game in the 9's (thanks Warriors).
3. McInnes seems a positive change from Rein.
4. We have a better forward pack.
5. We don't have to throw things at the TV when Benji's f**ked up again.
6. ???????
7. Great odds for the title, and I couldn't resist - hope to collect over $8k in October.

Help me out here people, just stick to the positives please.
You have more money than sense my friend.
CC

Bench
I am looking forward to the season because I want to see our Field and Dufty play and hope they can show us what they really can do.
The only downside is how will Mary intergrate them in the squad.

BrissyRedV

Bench
1. Last year of Mary's contract = light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe.
2. Rumours linking us to Des Hasler.
3. Next year we will have an actual halfback for the 1st time since Matty Head.
4. Young backs coming through in Herbert, Milne, Field, Dufty and Garrick.
5. Forwards and depth. Real impact if used correctly with Sims, Mose and Vaughan. Young pigs coming through in Leilua, Host and Sele.
6. McInnes looks good at 9, a definite improvement of Rein and if played for 80, will be a good addition to my NRL fantasy team.

Saint52

Juniors
Things seem to moving in the right direction. 6&7 will be our problem again but i am hoping Field can get a run early in the season.

St Georgio

Juniors
Des Hasler announced as coach for the Dragons for 2018 on a 3 year contract!
I still cannot believe McGregor managed to get 3 yrs for a Rookie!

Dragsters

First Grade
I too am looking forward to all of those things listed above.

I have managed to stay positive for most of the off season coz I can see the potential in this year's team, improved forward pack, more strike power out wide, a new option fullback and the potential of new attacking prospects in the halves.

While I'm trying to maintain this optimism, to be honest it's threatened by the coaches approach to the trials and halves selections or rather non-selections in the halves.

Just a mind-boggling waste of good opportunities to leverage the improvements in the forwards and backs by not picking the halves with the most potential to extract it.

C'mon Mary, look at the team holistically and pick the players capable of changing the status quo.

Must do better.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
ALSGI said .........

1. Field and Dufty. Look to have more potential than any we've seen in many, many years. Yes indeed.
2. We won a game in the 9's (thanks Warriors). That means were safe from the wooden spoon.
3. McInnes seems a positive change from Rein. Just being able to not forward pass is a positive.
4. We have a better forward pack. A bigger and better pack indeed.
5. We don't have to throw things at the TV, Benji's f**ked up again. We can swapped Benji for Mary.
6. ??????? Gotta love the team with the big red V
7. Great odds for the title, I couldn't resist, hope to collect over $8k in October. If you win, we all win!

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
1.If we do get the spoon this year at least we didn't fall from a great height.
2. Anybody that beats us this year will have little to crow about.
3. The press conferences will provide plenty of comedy relief.
4. We should see more incredulous things this year from Mc Fookknuckle and Co than we did last year.
5. We should be in the press a fait bit so plenty to read about.

Latest posts