What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Positives for 2017 season

Biggest positive is obviously McGregor finally can piss off although no doubt that is at the end of the season..

Otherwise..
1. Mcinnes is an improvement on Rein by the looks
2. Field may be promoted to firsts at some point in the season or better yet, spends the year at the Cutters learning from Mat Head rather than having his mind poisoned by the first grade coach. Exciting youngster. Same goes for LLeilua actually
3. JDB has acquired a fantastic beard and seems to have increased his work rate and fitness even further.
4. Frizell and Duges will still be good
5. Vaughan is a hard working forward.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
To me postives are.
1. See how the exciting junior progress . Not only Field, Dufty, Leilua. But also young guns like Herbert who has a big future.
All exciting.
2. The forwards with Vaughan, Packer and McInness.
JDB and frizz sims and extra grunt up front. No set of forwards will dominate that lot.
3. Its football season
4. 5 games at Kogarah this year.
5. When the season is over or with any luck before that goodbye mary.
6. Every day we are closer to 2018.

Old Timer

Coach
The way we have been the last few years the only positive for me is having a couple of Hot dogs with sauce and Mustard on the hill at Kogarah .
That sounds very positive Hazza but knowing my luck the sauce and mustard will end up staining my jersey.

Belta

Juniors
From what I've seen so far in the preseason games I'm predicting no-one to be an absolute star

No-one stood out in the halves, with hutch injured and Dufty also no- one is sure to excel from fullback, expect exceptional defense particularly on our line also from No-one..in our back line...great tries are on the way to our new high flying winger with deft kicks to be up by you guessed it no-one

Yep early indications are thAt were on track as all our deficiencies from last year are going to be covered by no-one

With Penrith showing outstanding trial form I'm hoping that no-one isn't the star and the team rallies and comes together and pulls a rabbit out of the hat...and we get off to a flyer to kick start 2017

hazzbeen

Bench
That sounds very positive Hazza but knowing my luck the sauce and mustard will end up staining my jersey.
Yea Old Timer thats when the fun starts when you get home , the Misses having a go at us ( how many times have I told you not to dribble sauce or what ever on your clothes ) Ah part and parcel of the Footy season ....

possm

Coach
In 2017 I am looking forward to:
1. The announcement of our new coach - Mary is gone for 2018.
2. Dugan and Widdop contracts not extended.
3. Dufty killing it at fullback.
4. Milne having a breakout year in the centres.
5. Mann and Field proving to be a great halves paring.
6. Aitken to shine coming of the bench.
7. Mosoe absolutely smashing opposition forwards in short stints off the bench.
8. The Dragons making the top 4 even though Mary is leaving.
9. Robson proves to be great value in the first grade hooker rotation.
10. Field gets the Rookie of the Year Award.

emu62

Juniors
Positives - We currently sit equal first on the NRL ladder & our for & against isn't in the negative
possible positives - Milne,Dufty,Field, Mann & Havili unfortunately these positives rely on supercoach McWrecker's team selections.SO they will be positives but more than likely for the Cutters