What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TNA SuperThread SPOILERS

A new talent debuted at today's taping, in former UFC Heavyweight Champion Josh Barnett. Not sure yet how it went down, but I would assume he would do something with Bobby Lashley.

Tigers1986

Juniors
This company is just absolute garbage and stupid. They ruin a Wolves singles title feud to throw the title back on Lashley because he's their version of Lesnar. Then they sign another MMA fighter and have them launch straight into a title feud? Please.

The Hardy's are the only thing people are talking about TNA wise, and even then it's a stretch given their dominance on the show and excessive self-promotion.

It's only a matter of time before their usual issues start to plague them under the Anthem umbrella - senseless title feuds, hot-shotting belts, putting belts on talent with contracts expiring, taping months in advance, taping PPVs and then charging people money for them. It's just stupid from them. They had their chance in 2006 to legit challenge as the 2nd big promotion but really they're a glorified independent show with a TV contract.

Big Pete

Referee
They should have never taken the belt off of Lashley in the first place.

He's one of the highlights of the show, easily one of the best champions in Pro Wrestling and they put it on Eddie for the sake of doing so. Now, I like Eddie, he can go in the ring and unlike Richards and Strong can actually generate sympathy as a babyface but he simply doesn't have chops to be champion. Especially when he's being made to put over Drew Galloway, Aron Rex and DJ Z in the build up to his title run.

I'll give Lashley/Barnett a chance before I write it off completely. Admittedly on paper it sounded pretty terrible, but the way the show was taped was really confusing and maybe the biggest issue facing the company.

Tigers1986

Juniors
You miss my point. This is a guy debuting without any professional experience just to appease some form of cross-promotion nonsense between organisations. It's plagued them for years.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't have an issue with it since Barnett has a Pro Wrestling background and is still involved in the industry via colour commentary.

TNA has done an awful job of building a Heavyweight division, so giving Lashley an opponent like Barnett at least buys them some time. Now, I'm not sure on the execution, it didn't read well on paper, but on TV it may come across better.

You miss my point. This is a guy debuting without any professional experience just to appease some form of cross-promotion nonsense between organisations. It's plagued them for years.
Barnett does have professional wrestling experience, both in NJPW and Inoki's breakaway company before it became solely a MMA promotion. It is his MMA experience that appears to have him in TNA though.

It will also be interesting to see where the storylines go from now on, as while Dutch Mantel was re-hired by TNA, he wasn't involved in the storylines from the last taping (those had been in place since Billy Corgan's run). Same goes for Jeff Jarrett and his go-between role.

Wato

Juniors
Well that was quick. Matt & Jeff Hardy are both officially gone from TNA. Question now is - where will they turn up?

They have to get the and tag titles off them too plus their seems to be some debate over who owns the broken gimmick. I hope they end up in WWE a broken Matt Hardy vs Wyatt fued would be great.

They have to get the and tag titles off them too plus their seems to be some debate over who owns the broken gimmick. I hope they end up in WWE a broken Matt Hardy vs Wyatt fued would be great.
I think they will just strip them of the titles. The gimmick will be an interesting thing, as while it was very much developed in TNA, everyone who has been interviewed has said the Broken character was purely a Matt Hardy development.

As for where they will end up, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see them go to ROH since they are so entwined with the Young Bucks (plus Matt has an excellent relationship with ROH management).

The smart money is on them going back to WWE though.

Wato

Juniors
As for where they will end up, I genuinely wouldn't be surprised to see them go to ROH since they are so entwined with the Young Bucks (plus Matt has an excellent relationship with ROH management).

The smart money is on them going back to WWE though.

Yea I could see that happening too, haven't they got a title vs title match with the Young Bucks in wrestlemania weekend? Personally I only really have time to watch one wrestling promotion but I have seen a fair bit of the broken hardy stuff and it's all been great so I really want to see them on smackdown as that's the main show I watch plus I think they could bring a lot to smackdown either as a tag team or as singles wrestlers. If as expected Bray leaves Mania as champion him vs broken Matt would be great and I would also be keen to see Corbin vs Jeff as an IC title fued.

Yea I could see that happening too, haven't they got a title vs title match with the Young Bucks in wrestlemania weekend? Personally I only really have time to watch one wrestling promotion but I have seen a fair bit of the broken hardy stuff and it's all been great so I really want to see them on smackdown as that's the main show I watch plus I think they could bring a lot to smackdown either as a tag team or as singles wrestlers. If as expected Bray leaves Mania as champion him vs broken Matt would be great and I would also be keen to see Corbin vs Jeff as an IC title fued.
The match was just for the ROH Tag Titles, but yes they are booked for WM weekend with ROH.

Also interesting, Sasha Banks posted about "Broken" Matt Hardy on Twitter. WWE are normally pretty tight on that kind of thing...

Latest posts