What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bryce Cartwright "allegedly" pays side chick 50k for abortion

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFrog

Coach
Zivanovic is a tool for talking to the Telegraph. He's just giving this saga more oxygen. He should have just hung up when they called him.

(Note mods Zivanovic's identity was made public by the DT when the story first broke last Sunday so I considered it OK to mention it here).

This is surely not the first time a high profile sportsman has got a girl pregnant and paid her to have an abortion. But I've never seen such an uproar in the press before. The reason for this is they got Zivanovic and not a legal eagle to take care of the agreement, which has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

franklin2323

Immortal
Zivanovic is a tool for talking to the Telegraph. He's just giving this saga more oxygen. He should have just hung up when they called him.

(Note mods Zivanovic's identity was made public by the DT when the story first broke last Sunday so I considered it OK to mention it here).

This is surely not the first time a high profile sportsman has got a girl pregnant and paid her to have an abortion. But I've never seen such an uproar in the press before. The reason for this is they got Zivanovic and not a legal eagle to take care of the agreement, which has more holes in it than swiss cheese.

Had to give the other side of it. Not that it was a story anyway

Lambretta

First Grade
The Dept of Human Services calculator estimates $19,062 per annum for taxable incomes of $500k (non-custodial) and $100k (custodial) where the custodial parent has care 365 days a year. Or $22,101 where the custodial parent has income of $10,000 pa (more likely for the mother of an infant).

You do not have to go to court to claim child support. You just fill in a form. This has been law since the late 80's.

Thanks Froggie

$20k a year with a kid in tow - it's not a gateway to riches is it?
I'm not saying that was her intention btw, but it would surely have to come into her thinking as to whether she could afford to keep it

TheFrog

Coach
$20k a year with a kid in tow - it's not a gateway to riches is it?
Given what is now known about Miss X, it would have been in no way conducive to her career and lifestyle to be a single parent, and even substantial financial support for the child would make no difference to that at all. Unless she had a fulltime (ie 24/7) carer available. Cartwright could have offered her squat.

magpie4ever

First Grade
The story here is using Lou Z as the middle man and Cartwright gutless and immature actions in not handling the situation himself (with family support). If he handled it himself there would be no story.

By the way Lou would be closer to 60 than 40+.

Let's face it, Cartwright got a head like a beaten favourite, so I doubt if he wasn't playing 1st grade he would have got anywhere near there .

TheFrog

Coach
The story here is using Lou Z as the middle man
This is the long and short of it. Use someone who knows what they are doing (a lawyer) and an appropriate non-disclosure clause is inserted, and we're all talking about the refs or something else. You live and learn.

It's no more reasonable to handle something like this yourself than it is to handle property settlements or custody matters yourselves. There are emotions involved and you need to do it at a distance. This is why there are lawyers.

Last edited:

bileduct

Coach
Lou's questions for Miss X were quite interesting.

Lou is basically alleging that Miss X was asking for the following (presumably to have an abortion)
1) $180K for "costs"
2) First class airfares and accommodation for trips to Bora Bora and Paris
3) $200K cash

Now let's give Cartwright the same benefit of the doubt everyone gave the woman first up. Doesn't that sound like she's trying to extort him out of about $400K to have an abortion?

Maybe that's the reason why Cartwright kept her at arm's length and had someone else deal with her.

T-Boon

Coach
In the end this girl is most likely going to come out looking terrible. But I don't blame her here because we have become a society where girls have learned to think that it is heroic to be a victim and to almost crave that status. There is a sort of a sainthood attached to it for girls. It is the victimhood industrial complex.

TheFrog

Coach
Now let's give Cartwright the same benefit of the doubt everyone gave the woman first up. Doesn't that sound like she's trying to extort him out of about $400K to have an abortion?
This is supported by her wetting her pants with haste to get to the media the second she was pregnant. Of course a girl getting pregnant, even to an NRL player, is in no way newsworthy.
Fair questions, she's opened this can of worms.

They are as dumb as one another. First they have unprotected sex, then Bryce gets a shonk to handle negotiations, she rushes to the media with what looks like half a story, thinking questions won't be asked of her, and that her anonymity will be maintained.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.