What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 Vs Tigers

pandas

Juniors
nice idea but dunno why you'd move TMM to 9 while Wal is fit and not retiring just yet + we have Rein, Luke, Katoa

D was a lot better today, plenty to like in attack also. Much better indicator of where we're at

Last edited:

kinghippo

Juniors
Well done panthers! That performance was the perfect way to respond to last week. Our bench had a massive impact today (ask Tedesco). Enthusiasm and power, they really kicked us into gear after a bit of a rocky first 15 minutes.

soc123_au

Staff member
I agree that TMM & Cleary are a good combo. Given our recent halves history it is great to see a 7 & 6 take it to the defence. There was a few times the pass would have been a better option, but I can live with them backing themselves

tripster

Juniors
Great to see the team get its first win of the season.

Kikau looked impressive. Very strong and aggressive.

I love watching Akauola hit the ball up. I never stop enjoying seeing the number of guys he crunches with his shoulder first hard running style.

Having a bit of agro on our bench makes a big difference to the side.

A lot of difficult selection decisions for Hook to make over the coming weeks - what a great problem for us to have.

I also can't help but feel that the Cartwright injury is a blessing in disguise for the team and for himself (with both benefiting from him having a short break from playing - assuming it is the minor injury the doctor suspects it to be).

Panther91-03

Juniors
I also can't help but feel that the Cartwright injury is a blessing in disguise for the team and for himself (with both benefiting from him having a short break from playing - assuming it is the minor injury the doctor suspects it to be).

What I was thinking also

martielang

Bench
Surely Browne or Leota just comes in for Cartwright on the bench. Kikau, Leota or even Latu can spend time on the edge if needed. Switching Whare and Blake after 20 mins was also a great move, Whare looked lost on the wing.

Great game today by all. Was hoping for a bounce back but didn't expect that. Merrin, Tamou and a couple of others are still playing at 50% of what they're capable of, exciting times ahead (hopefully).

Panther Pete

Juniors
Amazing and impressive turnaround in just one week. Kikau and Edwards looked good as did just about the whole team. Hopefully the boys can keep up that intensity for 80 mins next week against the roosters.

betcats

Referee
We still looked a bit clunky with the ball at times, especially the first 20 but that will come, the defensive effort was impressive, the tigers can score points and we gave them plenty of opportunities in the first half but our defensive was good.

Issue is
I agree that TMM & Cleary are a good combo. Given our recent halves history it is great to see a 7 & 6 take it to the defence. There was a few times the pass would have been a better option, but I can live with them backing themselves
Issue is Moylan is our 6 and Edwards is our 1. This waiting game is odd

Blues Riff

Bench
What about Villi's dive for the try. Fk he's mobile, and I didn't realise JFH was so quick between the ears.

Fangs

Coach
Nice one boys!

Much better performance, particularly from the forwards. MOM had to be Peachy, he was unbelievable.

Its great we have two halves that run the ball. Though I think Cleary really overdid it today. Still, I shouldn't complain. We could still have Luke 'I never challenge the line' Walsh in the 7. The right side with Martin and Moylan running the show was a threat all afternoon.

Probably a good time for Carty to get injured...we look better with him off the field.

Massive game against the Rooters on Saturday. I can't wait!

Doomednow

Bench
Yeah the boys!

Moylan >>> Tedesco. Latu and Kikau were great. Whare proving his worth to me again. Edwards solid. Pretty great across the field.

A needed confidence boost.

Surely Browne or Leota just comes in for Cartwright on the bench. Kikau, Leota or even Latu can spend time on the edge if needed. Switching Whare and Blake after 20 mins was also a great move, Whare looked lost on the wing.

Great game today by all. Was hoping for a bounce back but didn't expect that. Merrin, Tamou and a couple of others are still playing at 50% of what they're capable of, exciting times ahead (hopefully).

Yep it seems like a simple swap in for Cartwright from one of those guys.

panther.mike

Juniors
Well, my prediction was right [ hahahah] if you changed it 180 degrees. Good old fashion footy..big fellows taking it "up the guts' for 30 minutes then let the little fellows have a go.

Munted

Bench
Issue is

Issue is Moylan is our 6 and Edwards is our 1. This waiting game is odd
I tend to agree, so TMM gets the axe? I like the kid, but if we switch moylan to 6 it won't be long before TMM gets picked up elsewhere.

Which is ok, kid deserves a gig. Very exciting to watch.

betcats

Referee
I think we can wait and see for now, holding onto everyone is going to be difficult it might came down to who we afford to keep. For now I think there is a lot of potential in this spine, TMM is already drifting out and playing a fb role when Moylan is getting on the ball so when they click there will be a lot of attacking potency. Also our kicking options are great now, we know what Cleary can do but both Moylan and TMM now offer a good short attacking kicking game and Wallace almost had a 40/20 yesterday. Anyway the team just has to aim up and cut out the shit penalties, we have plenty of points in us when that happens.

MrBlack

Juniors
TMM and Cleary's defence was outstanding yesterday. Been a while since we have had halves that can tackle.

TMM especially - lets remember he has had less than 5 first grade games and coming off a cracked bone in his shoulder.

franklin2323

Immortal
Do where does DWZ slot in? Do you drop Edwards or Whare?

Whare pushed Blake to the wing... and IMO he just takes away from Blake being as effective.

I think Blake and DWZ are a better combination. But a Whare double insures he stays in the team

Whare showed yesterday he is class. He won't go IF Cleary doesn't play Edwards will stay if not he will go out. How Hiku played over him last week is beyond me

Latest posts