What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla game round 3

gitano

Juniors
Same side. Turned up ready to play on emotion round 1, after being bagged all off season.

Emotion isn't sustainable. Need to turn up this week.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I'll bet whatever u want the below changes will happen

1. DUGAN
2. MCDONALD
3. MANN
4. LAFAI (last chance)
5. Nigtingale

6. Widdop
7. Mcrone (Field on Bench to come on during 1st half)

Dont see it happening. MacGregor won't change a winning team, and they have won a game already with the current line up so why change? Plus he hates Mann for some reason. I'm starting to suspect he is picking mediocre centres so his playing legacy as the third best centre ever of the joint venture remains secure.

SBD82

Coach
Dont see it happening. MacGregor won't change a winning team, and they have won a game already with the current line up so why change? Plus he hates Mann for some reason. I'm starting to suspect he is picking mediocre centres so his playing legacy as the third best centre ever of the joint venture remains secure.
Excellent point.

Although I'm sure he considers himself the best centre in the history of both clubs and the joint venture.

The longer he coaches, the more my memory is skewed against him. In my mind Mary now rates somewhere between Dane Neilsen and Nathan Green.

BennyV

Referee
Lol, same team will be named (with Field on the bench - because he was there in Round 1, and we won then) and we are gunna get spanked.

Ljack77777

Juniors
The team and mary need to show us round 1 wasnt just a fluke..what better game then a packed local derby.. i think the boys will want to put in esecially for all the fans that turned up at win.. truth is we dropped way too much ball early.. but honestly that surrender tackle down parras end being a penalty against dugan was a joke.. if we hold the ball and stay disciplined we should score some points

Reactions: Qdf

possm

Coach
I'm confident we won't win against the Sharks unless the obvious changes to the Dragons 17 are made.

Dufty to fullback
Macdonald and Mann on the wings
Milne and Dugan in the centres
Field to five-eighth
Widdop to halfback
Havili and Leilua to the bench

This is arguably our best 17 and should be given a chance to settle in and form combinations. With youth and experience, speed and strong defence and even x factor. In my opinion this is the team that should have been trialed pre-season and even though we won in round 1, should have been the team selected for at least the first three rounds.

Glenn01

Juniors
This is probably pretty unpopular after last game but I think Aitken deserves another chance. Milne is a no-brainer for Lafai. Other than that I agree with possm that Widdop should be moved to halfback (on his last chance!) and Mann or Field or Nona or even Dufty should play 5/8.

since77

Juniors
This is probably pretty unpopular after last game but I think Aitken deserves another chance.

You can be sure that Mary will agree with you - of course the 4th best centre at the club should get another chance after a shocker like that.........

Glenn01

Juniors
You can be sure that Mary will agree with you - of course the 4th best centre at the club should get another chance after a shocker like that.........
Good point but you forgot to say "4th best centre IMO". Duges is the best by a mile in any position from 1~7. At this stage #1 is more important. IMO after that Milne is second best and Aitken 3rd.

possm

Coach
Yes, our centres Dugan and Milne with Aitken our backup - only because he is already signed for 3 years and has not been scheduled for backrow schooling.

Crush

Coach
I'm confident we won't win against the Sharks unless the obvious changes to the Dragons 17 are made.

Dufty to fullback
Macdonald and Mann on the wings
Milne and Dugan in the centres
Field to five-eighth
Widdop to halfback
Havili and Leilua to the bench

This is arguably our best 17 and should be given a chance to settle in and form combinations. With youth and experience, speed and strong defence and even x factor. In my opinion this is the team that should have been trialed pre-season and even though we won in round 1, should have been the team selected for at least the first three rounds.
I think you made the same post with same lineup before panthers game Possm and look how that turned out.
Anyway I thought you wanted field blooded on the wing in place of nightingale? Now after 1 loss he is straight into starting 5/8?

possm

Coach
Crush
Members on here have convinced me that Field will get smashed on the wing. I'm not stuck on any particular backline formation, I just would like to see some a good mix of youth and experience, some hard running and elusiveness plus good backline defence.

We have not seen this from our backline in the first two rounds so I'm hoping changes will be made for round 3.

ybur

Juniors
Good point but you forgot to say "4th best centre IMO". Duges is the best by a mile in any position from 1~7. At this stage #1 is more important. IMO after that Milne is second best and Aitken 3rd.
No real point rating any player till we get a new coach. Exception is our halves can both be rated 2/10.

since77

Juniors

"IMO" isn't necessary. Aitken's number 4. Our current 1st grade centre options ranked by talent / ability:

Dugan
Milne
Mann
Aitken
Lafai

Glenn01

Juniors
"IMO" isn't necessary. Aitken's number 4. Our current 1st grade centre options ranked by talent / ability:

Dugan
Milne
Mann
Aitken
Lafai
Get over your Melbourne inferiority complex. Think of Mann as a Newcastle reject, not a guy poached from Melbourne. Mann is a better all-round player IMO as he can play anywhere in the backline but Aitken is a better centre.

Glenn01

Juniors

Dugan
Milne
Mann
Aitken
Lafai
Get over your Melbourne inferiority complex. Think of Mann as a Newcastle reject, not a guy poached from Melbourne. Mann is a better all-round player IMO as he can play anywhere in the backline but Aitken is a better centre.

kit66

Bench
We flogged them in round 23 last year with Sims, Dugan, Widdop and Milne all stepping up. The Sharkies were missing only Gallen who broke a nail in the warm up. No reason why we can't repeat the performance if we play with a bit of heart, hold onto the ball and target Maloney. Wouldn't mind seeing Mose on the bench in place of Host for this one.

ybur

Juniors
We flogged them in round 23 last year with Sims, Dugan, Widdop and Milne all stepping up. The Sharkies were missing only Gallen who broke a nail in the warm up. No reason why we can't repeat the performance if we play with a bit of heart, hold onto the ball and target Maloney. Wouldn't mind seeing Mose on the bench in place of Host for this one.
I want what you are on. The dream you write above is a dream only certain herbs could bring on. I want some.