What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla game round 3

ALSGI

Bench
I copped it at work today as I handed over lottery tickets to the Parra fans, usual jokes about getting my own news agency, buy a printing press etc after the last few years.

Worst still was the Cronulla boys lining up for tickets for round 3. One offered 20 points start, cheeky prick.

Might have to retire I think.

So, can we win this weekend, away?

Will McJetski grow a set and replace McCrone, Lafai, Aitken and Nighty?
Will he have the balls to give Dufty, Field, Milne and Mann a starting run? Aitken to bench?

Or should I just go and buy the lottery tickets now?

Cronulla would be shitting themselves at training this week, especially at the video session watching our game. Flanno would be at a total loss trying to develop a game plan against us wouldn't he?

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I predict McGorgar will not make any changes, but instead will read the riot act in the hope of getting an improved performance. I have no knowledge or inside info to back this up, just several years of seeing how he reacts after a loss. The only person he has ever really sacked is Mann. Everyone else he has given a really good go (at least 18 rounds) to show whether they can or can't perform.

possm

Coach
I copped it at work today as I handed over lottery tickets to the Parra fans, usual jokes about getting my own news agency, buy a printing press etc after the last few years.

Worst still was the Cronulla boys lining up for tickets for round 3. One offered 20 points start, cheeky prick.

Will he have the balls to give Dufty, Field, Milne and Mann a starting run? Aitken to bench?

Cronulla would be shitting themselves at training this week, especially at the video session watching our game. Flanno would be at a total loss trying to develop a game plan against us wouldn't he?
Bird is rubbing his hands with a big grin. He just can't wait to dish it out.

St Georgio

Juniors

Just buy the lottery tickets in Advance, the last game @ sharks home game the Sharks were rusty compared to the Donkeys, the defending premiers not lose again ln front of there fans
Another heavy loss heading our way brace yourself for a massive storm!

Last edited:

Dragon Revival

Juniors
NRL Dragons scored 16 points( 3 tries), Illawarra 24 points(4 tries) and Under 20's 26 points(5 tries). Mary needs to see why our NRL players players are so deficient in attack and defence.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

So ..................... Being completely serious, this is where a decent coach can help the team string some wins together.

Were not a bad team .................... round one proved we can make things happen but round two proved that although we fought not to get bent over, a decent coach will help a team win, week after week or there abouts.

Credit must also go to Parra for playing out of their skin. Daggers must go to some of our guys for letting old habits creep back in. The coach must take a hit for not having the nous to correct the situation during the game.

I did notice from the start that we weren't 'on' that day. Sometimes it happens and there is squat we can do about it ........... except consume more beverages, which l managed to accomplish, hic!

As some have said, we won't win every week and they are right but we should be better than a 'win one week, lose the next' team cause that is where we've been for too long.

Wouldn't surprise me if we smash the Sharks and again, lose the next ........ it may well be that type of season, again.

Hopefully, better days ahead!

Dragons 09

Juniors
[QUOTE="ALSGI, post: 12043166, member: 46649] "So, can we win this weekend, away?[/QUOTE]

Short answer is yes....but there needs to be a mutiny in the ranks to be certain!

If the boys follow the script they are given and it starts to turn pear shaped, they have 2 options.
They can stick with the script and embrace the half time wisdom's of the genius and get another belting, or, they can throw the impostors delusional vision out the window and take it upon themselves to do what they know is right and what they are quite capable of doing. If they do the later they are a fighting chance.

I know it is not the done thing to over rule the coach, but i wonder how differently yesterday may have turned out if after Aitkens' first bad read in defense, the captain had a quiet word to McDonald and Aitken and told them to swap positions in defensive sets. Or if he told the outside men to change to an up and in defense and cut the attack off rather than try and slide and be made look like amateurs.

Our ball handling was atrocious, which was probably our biggest problem yesterday, but even as bad as that was, at half time, things were still retrievable. However, the genius asked for more offloads and 2nd phase play during his half time speech to try and put the Eels defense off their rhythm. Seriously, we were getting smashed by the line speed of the Eels forwards and any attempt to offload was always going to result in more dropped balls or a 2nd receiver getting the ball flat footed or with 3 defenders in his face. And he didn't make a single tweak to our right edge defense to combat the bloodbath Jennings and Radradra were creating.

Might be just me, but i believe even with McCrone, Aitken, Lafai etc in the side (at least one of them shouldn't be as Milne should be the 1st centre picked) , a coach with half a brain could get more out of this side than what they show us the majority of the time. Sorry to go off topic, just needed to rant, but while ever this delusional impostor is our tactical guru, we will continue to be rocks and diamonds........just hope we are diamonds this week because it's against the scum.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
A couple of things
1. People calling for Host to be dropped have to be kidding. The kid is getting bugger all game time and when he does the senior players divert the ball away from him so he doesn't get a fair chance to show his wares.
Unless that changes it will not be any different for any junior who plays 1st grade.
2. Our wingers only get the ball when they get to dummy half. This is no different to the battering ram philosophy we had last year. Because the wingers are so starved they actually get in the road of the work of the forwards.
3. Everything we do is robotic including the bench rotation and you can set an alarm clock by it. Everything is pre ordained.
4. A couple more floggings and the +/- will be so bad early in the season that even if we string a few wins together we will be so far behind the 8 ball it won't matter.
5. All the talk up till yesterday was how Mann was destined for the Titans and yet today they are supposedly chasing Copely so again plenty of shit talk keeping people occupied.
6. Unless the Sharkies have 3 or 4 out or we make some real changes they will put plenty on us and the morale will be gone for the season.

I predict McGorgar will not make any changes, but instead will read the riot act in the hope of getting an improved performance. I have no knowledge or inside info to back this up, just several years of seeing how he reacts after a loss. The only person he has ever really sacked is Mann. Everyone else he has given a really good go (at least 18 rounds) to show whether they can or can't perform.

I think Mary will finally cave in with team selections this week and make a big change.

Mann out with Marketo in.

That ought to shut all the doubters up :rolleyes::oops:

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
I don't think Mary will change anything, since he cannot get the players up for a game he will rely on the local derby talk to get them up.

ALSGI

Bench
So ..................... Being completely serious, this is where a decent coach can help the team string some wins together.

Were not a bad team .................... round one proved we can make things happen but round two proved that although we fought not to get bent over, a decent coach will help a team win, week after week or there abouts.

Credit must also go to Parra for playing out of their skin. Daggers must go to some of our guys for letting old habits creep back in. The coach must take a hit for not having the nous to correct the situation during the game.

I did notice from the start that we weren't 'on' that day. Sometimes it happens and there is squat we can do about it ........... except consume more beverages, which l managed to accomplish, hic!

As some have said, we won't win every week and they are right but we should be better than a 'win one week, lose the next' team cause that is where we've been for too long.

Wouldn't surprise me if we smash the Sharks and again, lose the next ........ it may well be that type of season, again.

Hopefully, better days ahead!
Okb1
Spot on mate, excellent points.

Other posts have pointed out Parra's performance and ours but you nailed it - credit for playing out of their skins to Parra.

And you're right, we are a good team, wouldn't surprise me if we smashed the sharks away this weekend, then loose the next weekend to Warriors at home.

We are a hit and miss rable, from CEO and throughout the ranks, nothing's going to change soon because:

You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created.
Albert Einstein

Qdf

Juniors
Okb1
Spot on mate, excellent points.

Other posts have pointed out Parra's performance and ours but you nailed it - credit for playing out of their skins to Parra.

And you're right, we are a good team, wouldn't surprise me if we smashed the sharks away this weekend, then loose the next weekend to Warriors at home.

We are a hit and miss rable, from CEO and throughout the ranks, nothing's going to change soon because:

You can never solve a problem on the level on which it was created.
Albert Einstein
Arrrr yes , they were all hatched from the same pond...

BrissyRedV

Bench

Luckily enough we threw nothing at the Eels so nothing for them to review. There is good recent history of teams getting pumped one week and coming back the next dishing out some punishment of their own. Penrith being the latest example. Bejebus, I almost sound positive...

Crush

Coach

I doubt very much that those kind of changes will be made. Maybe just maybe he will bring in Mann or Milne but probably not.
What is the bet that if we lose in the press conference Mary refers to the sharks as the premiers.
"Yeah it was always a tough ask to come to shark park and play the premiers"
I bet you a lotto ticket he says that!

ALSGI

Bench
Luckily enough we threw nothing at the Eels so nothing for them to review. There is good recent history of teams getting pumped one week and coming back the next dishing out some punishment of their own. Penrith being the latest example. Bejebus, I almost sound positive...
Drop the positive shit mate, this threads about Cronulla next week at Cronulla.

ALSGI

Bench
I doubt very much that those kind of changes will be made. Maybe just maybe he will bring in Mann or Milne but probably not.
What is the bet that if we lose in the press conference Mary refers to the sharks as the premiers.
"Yeah it was always a tough ask to come to shark park and play the premiers"
I bet you a lotto ticket he says that!
I hope you're wrong Crush.
Hoping it'll be more like, "our boys beat the premiers, got most of our jetskis bogged at Kurnell but we stuck in it together"

mickeylane

Bench
I'll bet whatever u want the below changes will happen

1. DUGAN
2. MCDONALD
3. MANN
4. LAFAI (last chance)
5. Nigtingale

6. Widdop
7. Mcrone (Field on Bench to come on during 1st half)

Crush

Coach
I hope you're wrong Crush.
Hoping it'll be more like, "our boys beat the premiers, got most of our jetskis bogged at Kurnell but we stuck in it together"
"We have shown tonight that we are capable of producing hot soup against the premiers. Parra was just one of those off days where all we could muster was a gazpacho"