What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Noise

Coach

The signings are for 2018. Dogs and Roosters have players off contract for 2018 and who is saying they need to release players? The media....please...They will just not re-sign them. The NRL doesn't audit teams cap till mid year anyway so they have until after the 2018 season starts before they finalise their first grade squad.
Foran leaving was a Godsend. Way too expensive, drug abuser, injury prone and a f**ken mental case.
And how is Moses a rookie? He is 22 and has played 64 first grade games
Agree on the Tigers. It's nice we are out of the headlines , well at least until Semi goes back to court.

El Diablo

Post Whore
The poor old Tigers are f**ked, while two strong clubs just get stronger. Gotta love the cap it's working just fine.
b7c3af5103852ffeea641ea685df523f

Bazal

Post Whore
The poor old Tigers are f**ked, while two strong clubs just get stronger. Gotta love the cap it's working just fine.

I reckon it'll be a good thing for the Tigers in the long run. Their culture absolutely stinks and these guys, as good as they are, have achieved nothing. Tedesco will hurt the most, obviously. He's arguably the best fullback in the game at the moment and I think I remember they let go of young Ryan Papenhuyzen because they were banking on Tedesco hanging around. But realistically, if they gave Woods his 900k, a million for Tedesco, 800k for Moses and the 600k-ish they've paid Brooks, that's over 3.2 million on four blokes who have collectively gotten them nowhere yet....

This will allow them to forget about the "Big 4" and focus on actually building a club. They need a cleanout, and they'll never have a better chance.

I'm pissed off that Foran came back to Sydney now after we let him on compassionate grounds to let him sort his life out.

i hear you mate it opens up a massive can of worms now anyone can "retire" whenever they want and come back six months later at a new club no questions asked

As for the Tigers, sucked shit to them.
They need a clean out from top to bottom if they thought a new coach would solve the problems they had then they were dreaming.

maybe when they are rid of the Gang of Four running the club their new coach can actually take control

Bazal

Post Whore
People take this stuff too seriously. Foran did what he needed to do, but someone was saying his kids are in Sydney and that's why he wants to go back there. End of the day it was best for both parties after his TPAs were rolled into our cap....no hard feelings whatsoever.

Bazal

Post Whore
i wouldn't either but why should he cop a payout to "retire" and walk away then just waltz back only six bloody months later and sign a new contract with NO reimbursement to us whatsoever?

Not sure where you pulled the retirement from....he never retired.

i wouldn't either but why should he cop a payout to "retire" and walk away then just waltz back only six bloody months later and sign a new contract with NO reimbursement to us whatsoever?

What payout? We didn't pay him for 2017 or 2018. In terms of what was paid to him, he's no different to a player who missed most of the season through injury.

emjaycee

Coach
My issues with Foran are that:
1) 8 months ago he was suicidal and Parra released him in good faith so he could get himself the help he needed to STAY ALIVE. The level of mental anguish that someone is in that drives them twice in 3 months to attempt suicide is rarely resolved within 6 months;
2) Whether his TPA's were on our cap or not, unless he signed with the Warriors for 2017 and the Dogs for his new contract for the same amount (CAP and TPA total), then he has effectively taken a pay cut that we may have been able to afford if given the chance;

The right thing for him to have done would to have ask for an extended leave of absence and then returned to us at whatever rate he has recently accepted.

Having said that, as much as I like him as a player and still think he was the right fit for our squad, I wish him well personally and hope the Dogs get the spoon while ever he is wearing their jersey.

Chipmunk

Coach
1) 8 months ago he was suicidal and Parra released him in good faith so he could get himself the help he needed to STAY ALIVE. The level of mental anguish that someone is in that drives them twice in 3 months to attempt suicide is rarely resolved within 6 months;
2) Whether his TPA's were on our cap or not, unless he signed with the Warriors for 2017 and the Dogs for his new contract for the same amount (CAP and TPA total), then he has effectively taken a pay cut that we may have been able to afford if given the chance;

The right thing for him to have done would to have ask for an extended leave of absence and then returned to us at whatever rate he has recently accepted.

Having said that, as much as I like him as a player and still think he was the right fit for our squad, I wish him well personally and hope the Dogs get the spoon while ever he is wearing their jersey.

I dare say if he took 'leave' he would still be on our salary cap for $1.2 million this season.

We chose that Foran was worth $1.2 million on the cap and we moved on.

How do you know what the Warriors / Dogs are paying him?

Latest posts