What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GET RID OF MCRONE

epDragon62

First Grade
If we looking to the future and we're trying to win a comp we should have tried Mann Duffy or,Field.with Widdop and given one of them a chance 5 or games.Macrone had his chance last year and at best was average.​
And, this year has been solid, indeed impressive at times, do why so much hate. We just got beaten in GP in very tough circumstances- lighten up.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
If we looking to the future and we're trying to win a comp we should have tried Mann Duffy or,Field.with Widdop and given one of them a chance 5 or games.Macrone had his chance last year and at best was average.​
His defense has been outstanding and last week ran down Feldt......
I agree I think the bloke has been great for us this year and has really put in.....not bad for a bloke that will lose his job in 5 months.....yes hes getting paid but .I wonder how we would feel if most of us knew we would be out of a job soon

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I'm sorry, Mann was on the bench and should have been familiar with the game plan and prepared to take his place at five-eighth. If he wasn't ready than Mary is equally to blame but I recon his nerves got the better of him. Anyway I saw enough to find myself wishing Field was on the bench instead.

I agree possm
The way field has been playing in the last few weeks .
I think he is close but the storm will aim all there attack at who ever is playing 6.
So they better be ready

dino2170

Juniors
im just stating facts mcrone should of stepped up a gear when widdop left the feild. He should of kicked better. And that kick in extra time should never of been made. He should of got it over the sideline and waited for the ROO#ERS to make a mistake in the half.

AND WHAT WAS JDB PLAYING FIVE EIGHTH?????? WTF

DE JE VU all over again

dino2170

Juniors
This bloke is a complete douche,don't know why we bother with his crap.
Cannot fault Mcrone for an unlucky kick thats an inch from being perfect.
Thats footy,sometimes and we need to roll with it. Every bloke with the red v put 110% in today and it didn't go our way but the effort was outstanding!
Im just expressing my view.

dino2170

Juniors
I could compare loosing both Widdop and Dugan ( for a short period of time for Duges ) similar to the Storm loosing Smith and Cronk , or any teams chief playmakers .

Their absence totally knocked our attack about , and it was only a lionhearted , although somewhat disjointed , effort that kept the team in the match .

As we know , McCrone had the kicking duties after Widdops retirement , the man attempted to get the teams attack moving , but unfortunately did not possess the same skills as his captain . You can't hang the poor bloke for trying .
WELL MOVE HIM ON NOW even in the lower gades

Belta

Juniors
Great performance however IMO we lost our way, dare I say even panicked when Widdop went off, don't get me wrong the team showed tonnes of courage but not much composure, it was mentioned that if Cronk and went down what would Melbourne do, I'd assume Smith would take control. Im not blaming McCrone, I'd say the team as a whole didn't adapt well and It's a learning curve for the Dragons but for now I'm nervous as no one is jumping out in my head to fill this role...Field? Nona? Mann? Not sure who will take over the kicking game,

Sheridan Stand

Juniors
HOW DARE YOU!!!!

McCrone stepped up BIG TIME in that game he busted his gut and played so damn smart and good footy when everyone looked lost in attack he was making the big plays he did some brilliant things and if that kicked had of stopped dead you would be praising him as God right know, you dino are a complete imbecile! Please don't call yourself a Saints fan if your going to make such stupid threads!
This forum could be great but there are so many idiots on here. Everyone in the red V played their part today and as fans we should be proud.

I struggle to stay enthused on this forum as there is a lack of quality in-depth analysis and discussion.

I wish the smart people would not bite at the imbeciles as hard advice they are to ignore - the more you don't reply the better.

Country Dragon

Juniors
Mann missed about 100 tackles playing 5/8th. If Mann was playing well at 5/8th they wouldn't have moved him to the least important position on the field. They would have put Thompson to centre where he has played before, Sims to his second row position and had either Lafai or Aitken move to the wing.

I'm one of Manns biggest fans but he was not working at 5/8th this game what so ever, be it because its not his best position or the fact he hasn't trained there in about 5 years.
Agreed Mann didn't have his best game, but that's not why he was moved to the wing!

BringTheNoise

Juniors
im just stating facts mcrone should of stepped up a gear when widdop left the feild.

I agree with Dino on this one, McCrone really needed to take control once Widdop went off.

Not gonna crucify him for the kick that went dead, but overall we looked directionless once Widdop went off. McCrone really needed to step up instantly and take control steering the side.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I agree with Dino on this one, McCrone really needed to take control once Widdop went off.

Not gonna crucify him for the kick that went dead, but overall we looked directionless once Widdop went off. McCrone really needed to step up instantly and take control steering the side.

I think McCrone played very well yesterday, his defense is very good for a #7.
On your point about stepping up, he didn't step up because he couldn't or to say the least doesn't know how to. That's why he's never made it to the big time as a permanent half. And I also am not going to crucify him for that kick, a football can do some mysterious things and it only was 1 bounce extra that would have been a brilliant play. It's not easy to kick a rugby league ball, and it would be a great challenge for the armchair critics to have a go at kicking one from around 40m and landing it in the in goal and see what happens.

Saintsified

Bench
I agree I think the bloke has been great for us this year and has really put in.....not bad for a bloke that will lose his job in 5 months.....yes hes getting paid but .I wonder how we would feel if most of us knew we would be out of a job soon
NO he is playing for a new contract elsewhere, he is far from retiring.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
You know that last kick McCrone did just went over (1 or 2 bounces in fact). 2 bounces from being a kick that possibly wins the game as the Saints would have probably kept the Chooks player in goal for a drop out. I am not his biggest fan but he is trying as hard as he can.

Saints lost because Wioddop went off, then Dugan and there was a heap of re-shuffling. It looked chaotic. And to lose by golden point and blame McCrone. WTF. Chooks bombed a few tries too I may add so Saints lucky to make it to golden point.

mickeylane

Bench
There are players like Hayne who swan around the field and upset the apple cart by not putting in the effort then there are players like McRone with not as much skill but put in 110% every week and tackle like the wind!!..

Ill take McCrone thanks!

Gareth67

First Grade
WELL MOVE HIM ON NOW even in the lower gades

Well yes , let's do that professor . We can easily replace him with one of our lower grade players , such as Cronk , Daley Cherry Evans or even Johnson .

Rather silly thing to say considering that they are not on the Dragons books , but not as silly as your own suggestion , just whom do we replace him with ? ? ?
At this point in time IMO , Mary would be better servered to have as little disruption to the line-up as possible . That means retaining your half and filling the now vacant five-eighth position .

Last edited:

dragonssamy61

First Grade
im just stating facts mcrone should of stepped up a gear when widdop left the feild. He should of kicked better. And that kick in extra time should never of been made. He should of got it over the sideline and waited for the ROO#ERS to make a mistake in the half.

AND WHAT WAS JDB PLAYING FIVE EIGHTH?????? WTF

DE JE VU all over again

He played 6 while duges was off in hia.
Because of injuries that why.
Do you watch the game then you would no.
Without asking stupid questions.

Bench
Let's put this all in prospective. McCrone is not a first grade player, no disrespect intended. He has been thrown in at the deep end.
His skill level won't ever evolve from where it is now.
He has been very sound in games and plays to his ability. That is all you can ask a player to do