What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons Need Hayne

possm

Coach
If the rumours going around are true, it seems Dugan has signed with the Dogs and an official announcement will be made next week. So what do the Dragons do now? Who will be our fullback for 2018. I suggest Hayne, the cards are falling in a way that if we want a marquee fullback, Hayne is the best option right now.

I say sign Hayne on a two year deal using the money set aside to sign Dugan. With a spine of:
Hayne
Widdop
Hunt
McInnes
We would have an even more dynamic spine than if Dugan remained.

It is clear to me that Hayne just needs a fresh start. He is a professional and knows if he wants to continue to succeed, he will have to pull up his socks and concentrate on his footy. Offer a two year deal which would give Field time to prove his up to first grade standard.

Gareth67

First Grade
Bluudy hell Possum ! Mate how could you suggest such a thing ? The blokes a mercenary of the highest order , no loyalty whatsoever , only after top dollar . And to make matters worse , he truly believes that he is a legend in his own fooking time .

Pack him off to Super League , best thing for all concerned .

possm

Coach
We have Jai Field who would be a handy replacement.
Un-tested as yet.

Remember Dugan was deemed to be a destabilising person when we signed him and it worked out fine. Packer had is problems and he's worked out fine.

Hayne went through an enormous test trying our for NFL and he just didn't get there. I'm sure his ego and mind in general was/is shattered because of this.

If he behaved and become a team player, surely would appreciate the talent he could bring to the Club. A two year deal would suit us fine.

This Year?

Immortal
I'm sure the Titans would agree with you Possm.

Hayne is a wonderfully gifted player but getting him in the right headspace to be able to perform like he did in 2009 would take some effort and sadly, I don't think our club would be the one with the resources.

Jai may be untested but instead of letting our juniours go to the other clubs and watch them shine, wouldn't it be more satisfying to watch our juniors shine for us in 1st's?.

Latest posts