What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The story of JT and Tedesco

Hawkins

Juniors
With news that the Roosters picked up two former Tigers do you guys know if Tedesco and JT were on the same page.

Or did Irony just rear its head and poop in Tedesco's lunch box?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Tedesco had no beef with his coaches.

He's a turn up to work and don't get involved in the horseshit type of player.

Which is why we were all surprised at his little pot shot at the Tigers recently.

Tiger05

First Grade
Turdesco is a merkin. I don't think he had any problems with Taylor apart from wanting his life coach to be at the club and that was knocked back.

Tiger05

First Grade
Taylor is fully aware that the wanka moses was the player undermining him the most .

I reckon he was a pretty shithouse coach but I don't think he is a bad person. I think Wanka Woods and Turdesco wanted him at the club but they also wanted their masseuse and life coach. I think Taylor pushed back on that and that was the end of those guys staying at the club.

I reckon Brooks never wanted to leave and isn't anywhere the drama queen that the other 3 are.

Hawkins

Juniors
I reckon he was a pretty shithouse coach but I don't think he is a bad person. I think Wanka Woods and Turdesco wanted him at the club but they also wanted their masseuse and life coach. I think Taylor pushed back on that and that was the end of those guys staying at the club.

I reckon Brooks never wanted to leave and isn't anywhere the drama queen that the other 3 are.

Well didn't Parramatta fire him in the 2000's because he got drunk and a player had to punch his head in.

I'm certain he has lost a few coaching gigs.

Tiger05

First Grade
Well didn't Parramatta fire him in the 2000's because he got drunk and a player had to punch his head in.

I'm certain he has lost a few coaching gigs.

I think he learnt from that though. My main problem with Taylor is that he made some dud decisions. Sacking Robbie was dumb. Robbie in my opinion was massively overpaid but getting rid of him didn't help the club at all. I think this was a major mistake for him personally as well because he handed over player power to the 3 merkins and that was the end of him.

I also think his game plans were consistently bad. He had all of these excuses like get the defence right but we just looked shithouse. You can see the difference with Clearly coming in and making small changes but they've made us a better team.

macnaz

Staff member
No it was a Souths player and got sacked . We are only the 2nd club to sack him but it was only performance based

leaguelegend21

Juniors
JT could not have f**ked this club up better if he tried. Lucky we have a smooth operater in Pascoe at the helm and a footballing genius in Ivan Milat/Cleary steadying the ship or we would be truly rooted.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I've said this before, but sacking Robbie ultimately put JT on borrowed time. The drama that it caused left a very sour taste in all the player's mouths and now that has come back to bite us.

I agree they are all being drama queens, but when almost every departing player has something bad to say about the club then maybe we can't just use the "kids these days" routine. I've thought for a while that because they all come up through the juniors together they see it as an extension of school and not a professional club (probably wrong in this regard). The shithouse facilities won't help changing this perception either. I took my American mate to a game at Leichardt and he honestly thought we had gone to a highschool rugby game until I explained otherwise.

While this all stings, it needed to happen. We could all see the boys club starting to re-form and the drama would eventually follow. With Ivan coming in he is actually re-building the club with professional athletes and without relying on juniors. No more of this "yeah we all grew up here together, I'm playing with my mates, we all have fun etc". You don't build a first grade team from this.

Good luck Ivan. You have my full support

Vic Mackey

Referee
I heard Tedesco and JT got on pretty well. I reckon Teddy would have stayed if IC was appointed in the off season, his game is much more suited to the direct attack IC has inplemented as opposed to the continual sweep plays JT had. It's a shame cause I reckon Teddy will be thinking that too.

There's no way woods liked JT after he side stepped the question time and time again.

Moses was a little merkin who under mined Farah and then probably JT too.

Brooks seems like a guy who just wants to play footy and will stay out of the off field shit.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tedesco had no beef with his coaches.

He's a turn up to work and don't get involved in the horseshit type of player.

Which is why we were all surprised at his little pot shot at the Tigers recently.

Those comments had Issac Moses written all over them.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly. Isaac didn't like the fact he couldn't hold the Tigers to ransom. His bargaining ability is entirely abolished now.

Politis will play hard ball with Tedesco in the next deal. If Isaac thinks he'll get Teddy a payrise at the Roosters, he's dreaming.

Clifferd

Coach
After we sacked Potter didn't we have the choice between Taylor, Cleary and Brown?

To me Taylor was always going to be the wrong man for the job, I don't think a rookie coach like him was suited to a Tigers rebuild

Apparently in his interview he was a "very good" communicator who made a lot of sense which got him over the line

But Basically the way I see it is the 2 years under Taylor was a waste of time and we're in the position now what we should've been in 2015. Things could have very well been different if we signed Cleary or even Brown for 2015 and beyond

Vic Mackey

Referee
After we sacked Potter didn't we have the choice between Taylor, Cleary and Brown?

To me Taylor was always going to be the wrong man for the job, I don't think a rookie coach like him was suited to a Tigers rebuild

Apparently in his interview he was a "very good" communicator who made a lot of sense which got him over the line

But Basically the way I see it is the 2 years under Taylor was a waste of time and we're in the position now what we should've been in 2015. Things could have very well been different if we signed Cleary or even Brown for 2015 and beyond

Sadly Cleary wasn't available then. I believe Griffin, Brown & Taylor were the 3 interviewed. Sadly 2013-2016 are now completely wasted years. Hopefully we look back on 2017 as the rebuild and from next year on its success.

Taylor came across as a good salesman, he talked the talk but in 2 and a half years he didn't walk the walk. Sure I think he made some improvements, a total overhaul of the S&C department/sports science etc, but all in all he was a failure.

Clifferd

Coach
Sadly Cleary wasn't available then. I believe Griffin, Brown & Taylor were the 3 interviewed. Sadly 2013-2016 are now completely wasted years. Hopefully we look back on 2017 as the rebuild and from next year on its success.

Taylor came across as a good salesman, he talked the talk but in 2 and a half years he didn't walk the walk. Sure I think he made some improvements, a total overhaul of the S&C department/sports science etc, but all in all he was a failure.

Yep that was the issue. Talked up a lot of promise yet failed to deliever. We saw the consistent selections of players like Lovett, Rankin, Buchanan etc despite the absolute shellackings we'd receive

To me he sounded like a piss take coach and he did whatever made the players happy which was to ultimately f**k off farah in the end. I get this weird vibe players like Teddy and Moses didn't respect/get along with Farah that much

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
His biggest failing was his blinkered approach. He neglected almost entirely the lower grades to the point that we started the year with all 3 grades being utter shit.

Tigerm

First Grade
Yep that was the issue. Talked up a lot of promise yet failed to deliever. We saw the consistent selections of players like Lovett, Rankin, Buchanan etc despite the absolute shellackings we'd receive

To me he sounded like a piss take coach and he did whatever made the players happy which was to ultimately f**k off farah in the end. I get this weird vibe players like Teddy and Moses didn't respect/get along with Farah that much
Not sure about Teddy & RF, wasn't it RF who convinced him to stay here the last time?

Tiger05

First Grade
Not sure about Teddy & RF, wasn't it RF who convinced him to stay here the last time?

Maybe but they didn't like Robbie. My opinion is that they wanted him gone. I'm also confident once Wehbe wasn't given a job of sucking their knobs once per week they were leaving the club.

Turdesco is a merkin. He was right in all of this up to his eyeballs. His manager is also a merkin but all Turdesco had to do was say "I want to stay". He was offered a massive contract and the Tigers went after him. I don't think the Tigers cared if the other 3 pissed off.

macnaz

Staff member
Wehbe was actualy given a job at the club , but it didnt go to plans and HE left..

Latest posts