What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Bazal

Post Whore
Clydsdale goes ok. Promising in his first year at Newcastle and a top shelf defender. We could do a lot worse. Like signing Rein for 300k.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
No, I was thinking more along the lines of being too stupid to understand that a differing opinion doesn't have to be directly opposing. Being barely literate. Happy to scapegoat the players when they lose and blow smoke up their clackers when they win. Wanting things to improve overnight and railing against anything and everything when we're not magically successful, but also calling the reasons for lack of overnight success excuses and blowing them off as nothing more. Refusing to acknowledge any evidence that your opinion may be off the mark.

So many peasant Eels fans....
6eaae2198dd4a6f8d84a8c9144f39d2159ac4ede594c9fa854aec301e62c332e.jpg

lingard

Coach
Do I?

I know enough to know that in the grand scheme of things whether we beat Souths tonight or not affects me in precisely zero meaningful ways. I like talking footy with people, I loved playing it before injury put an end to that, and I've always been a bit of a troll who enjoys riling folks up now and then, but I certainly don't see it as anything more than a game that I support...

Fair enough. For me it's more than just a game. I've been following Parramatta since I first went to Cumberland Oval in 1964 at the age of nine (I was a late starter). That's 53 years. My whole family (two brothers, father, mother) followed Parramatta. It became a family tradition. One by one they all died. And so I'm the only one left now. And while I still love football (I used to play it, too), part of me watches Parramatta games because of the rich tradition and the family history that comes with it all. It's a thread that has run through my life for a very long time - full of memories of afternoons at Cumberland Oval/Parramatta Stadium, or sitting around the radio or the television with my brothers or my dad. And really, I think most of us on this forum are the same. I know the game isn't as tribal as it was in the sixties; and it doesn't rule people's lives as much as it did then - but that spirit is still there. When I'm watching a Parramatta game, I'm not just watching a game of football.
And after all these years, if I want to bag out a recruitment decision or a selection decision or a coaching strategy .............. I f*ckin' will.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If it really was "just footy", we wouldn't have this forum. You know as well as I do that it's more than "just footy". We all know that.
No. Perhaps to you but to a lot of people it is indeed "just footy". This is evidenced by the fact that at least half of the shit posted on here has nothing to do with footy.

If Parramatta folded tomorrow I wouldn't give a shit. However, if this forum folded tomorrow it would be a little disappointing. I am on a golf one as well but those guys aren't as interesting as the people on here.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
And after all these years, if I want to bag out a recruitment decision or a selection decision or a coaching strategy .............. I f*ckin' will.
Fair call, mate. You are absolutely allowed to do that. Equally, others are allowed to suggest that in being critical you are ignoring obvious facts and talking out of your arse.

Hypothetically speaking of course as you haven't been critical yet and therefore aren't talking out of your arse...though I probably am now.

Avenger

Immortal
Anyway, enough of that....anyone got any juicy f**ken rumours?
Just a gut feel and you know how famous that is. Why hasn't Hayne announced that he is staying with the Titans? Seems strange especially when it has coincided with the first SOO. If he was you would think he would commit by now. I reckon there is a big chance he will play somewhere else. I'm. not saying with us but just somewhere else. I haven't been this excited since the premiere of A Nightmare on Elm Street 6, What will he do?

Avenger

Immortal
In fairness, the ending to A Nightmare on Elm Street 5 left a lot of people in suspense...
Exactly just like the ending of Hayne's career here. If there was a Freddy v Jason there is no reason why there can't be a Hayne x Barba in the U.K. Super League.