What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

strider

Post Whore
I have 32 points being the cut-off given that I dont see Tigers and Knights taking too many points off other sides for the rest of the year.
I give Penrith 6 more wins at most because don't see them beating Manly (twice), Dragons or Cowboys.
I reckon the cows will have a post origin slump ... they are still in the pumped up prove ourselves without JT state, but that will wear off and things will get harder

I just did the ladder predictor and 30 was the cut off.

But how will the Cowboys go, now? Really, I think this is one of the more crucial questions as they play a couple of games against teams that will push for the 8. If they drop off, now, it's one less team, to worry about but if they give a couple of other teams the 2 points then it might make it worse and it could log jam a whole bunch around that 28-32 mark.

I'm quietly confident we'll do alright and scrape in to 5th-6th. I don't see the Top 4 as being any chance whatsoever.

caylo

Bench
I just did the ladder predictor and 30 was the cut off.

But how will the Cowboys go, now? Really, I think this is one of the more crucial questions as they play a couple of games against teams that will push for the 8. If they drop off, now, it's one less team, to worry about but if they give a couple of other teams the 2 points then it might make it worse and it could log jam a whole bunch around that 28-32 mark.

I'm quietly confident we'll do alright and scrape in to 5th-6th. I don't see the Top 4 as being any chance whatsoever.
I agree that is the big question. For us gi nake top 4 we would have to win at least 7/9 if not 8 so probably wont happen but is a chance especially with out draw. 9/9 would give us 38 and a near certain top 4.
My ladder predictor (i did this pretty quickly and i tried to stay impartial) Screenshot_20170625-105840.png

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
No matter how much you play around with the ladder predictor there is always upsets while most people struggle to get 5 or so correct each week in tipping comps.

The best predictor is history with the ladder and the majority of time 28 points (one year 24 points was enough) or less is the cut off the 8th spot (in the last 10 or so years) and only once in the last 10 or so years has a it been decided by F/A. And pretty sure only twice has more than 28 points been required (think it was 30 points once and 29 another). No side has missed out of the semi's finishing on 30 points.

Additionally Penrith / raiders have struggled to even get close to winning 50 % of their games so it's unlikely they will suddenly turn their form around and win 70% or so of their remaining games to get close to the eight.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I know Im stating the bleeding obvious but as a Parra fan, one cannot be confident against any team. We dont need to be reminded of the exhibitions versus The Tits or The Chooks. Even wins against The Tigpies and Bunnys were very unconvincing. Our challenge remains to maintain focus and effort for 80 minutes. Has our team actually achieved that in any game this season?
As usual Ill be riding them home with every ounce of passion I can muster while always wondering when will the attitude/focus desert them.
One can only hope.
Go you Mighty Eels.

Chipmunk

Coach
HERE it is. The crucial last six rounds of the NRL premiership draw.
* The Eels handed a dream final six weeks in regards to rehabilitation and recovery; playing only Thursday and Friday nights until week one of the finals.
Round 21
Friday (July 28)
Eels v Broncos, ANZ Stadium (NINE), 7:50pm
Round 22
Thursday (August 3)
Bulldogs v Eels, ANZ Stadium (NINE), 7:50pm
Round 23
Friday (August 11)
Eels v Knights, ANZ Stadium (FOX), 6pm
Round 24
Thursday (August 17)
Eels v Titans, ANZ Stadium (NINE), 7:50pm
Round 25
Thursday (August 24)
Broncos v Eels, Suncorp Stadium (NINE) 7:50pm
Round 26
Friday (September 1)
Eels v Rabbitohs, ANZ Stadium (NINE), 7:50pm
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...y/news-story/5e20811559519d40302cefd87908712c

We have 9 games to play
We play 7 games at ANZ.
We play the current bottom 5 teams in 6 matches
We play the Storm the week before an Origin.
We play our last 6 matches on either a Thursday or Friday

If we can't make the Top 8 from here then we don't deserve to be there.

Kornstar

Coach
Yep shit draw for us punters but for the club itself it's a good ole fashion 'dream run' .... I'm happy to put up with the Friday and Thursday M4 nightmare and the $15 parking for an advantage on the field...those merkins better not let us down

I LOVE this draw, games over for the weekends is perfect. I am one of those weird people who likes ANZ though.

I also get free parking cause my wife works in Olympic Park and her work lets them park there outside of work hours.