What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Spot On

Coach
GI can fill in at cnetre and 5/8 if needed.

I'm sure I don't need to explain there are light years of difference in ability between Inglis and Gagai.

Not comparable.

Inglis is one of the great modern day centres and it IS his best position. He's also played well in the 1. May have played for Aus and won comps as well???? Lol.

Gagai is neither a centre nor a fullback but can 'fill in' if having to replace the injured starter in those positions. He has major deficiencies in these positions whereas Inglis does not. It's similat to the argument Souths supporters have made with AJ wanting to play FB and earn FB money. He can 'fill in' if necessary and look good in some aspects of FB play but does not excel there and has obvious deficiencies and lacks important skills you want your modern day fullback to show every week. He is a winger.

You don't pay much for a winger.

Gags is a winger.

Last edited:

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Gagai is an upgrade in every position he plays for us. With the exception of GI at fullback he would be the best at every position at Souths in the outside backs. I can't comprehend how he is a bad buy in the least. He has at times been the only one trying when I watch the knights play. I guess you could say it's Gagai's fault that the knights are coming 15th or I guess you could say the reality is that the knights are extremely inconsistent and turn up every few games. In saying that Souths aren't much better than the knights at all, we have underperformed worse than any other team in the comp but the fact that Gagai sees his future with us rather than the knights says a lot about the inside of the club which even the fans don't know about..

doyen

Bench
Gagai is an upgrade in every position he plays for us. With the exception of GI at fullback he would be the best at every position at Souths in the outside backs. I can't comprehend how he is a bad buy in the least. He has at times been the only one trying when I watch the knights play. I guess you could say it's Gagai's fault that the knights are coming 15th or I guess you could say the reality is that the knights are extremely inconsistent and turn up every few games. In saying that Souths aren't much better than the knights at all, we have underperformed worse than any other team in the comp but the fact that Gagai sees his future with us rather than the knights says a lot about the inside of the club which even the fans don't know about..

All you say is true about Gagai.

We've watched him at the very highest level where he's proven,beyond doubt,his tremendous work ethic on field;his courage & toughness------& CLASS!!!!!!!!
If he is getting cold feet it would be because he's having concerns about where his game might end up under Maguire.
I was surprised right from the start that a player like him, who is coming into his prime, would choose to play under such a highly structured & "control-freak" coach as Madge!!!
You would think he, & his advisers, would have considered the implications of his decision.

I can only assume that the money was too good to refuse.

I really think Sths would attract better players on the market with a new coach!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
All you say is true about Gagai.

We've watched him at the very highest level where he's proven,beyond doubt,his tremendous work ethic on field;his courage & toughness.
If he is getting cold feet it would be because he's having concerns about where his game might end up under Maguire.
I was surprised right from the start that a player like him, who is coming into his prime, would choose to play under such a highly structured & "control-freak" coach as Madge!!!
You would think he, & his advisers, would have considered the implications of his decision.

I can only assume that the money was too good to refuse.

Well apparently the biggest factor was the indigenous part of Souths. I think we promote positive movements in the indigenous community more than any other club. Seeing how passionate Gagai is about his indigenous heritage it kind of makes sense.

The money we offered him wasn't much more than the knights offered him. He literally came out and said that he wasn't seeing any progress from the knights at all. There was no big name recruitments and they're still near the bottom of the ladder purely because of the inconsistency of their efforts. He is obviously a player who feels as if he is going backwards in his progression as a football player. Whether people want to believe it or not it's hard to progress as an athlete when the players around you aren't as good as you are. I understand this sounds cocky but it's the truth at any level.

For me the number 1 reason he signed with Souths is probably to be tutored by one of the greatest Queensland players of all time in Inglis. Inglis could take Gagai's game to another level.

doyen

Bench
Well apparently the biggest factor was the indigenous part of Souths. I think we promote positive movements in the indigenous community more than any other club. Seeing how passionate Gagai is about his indigenous heritage it kind of makes sense.

The money we offered him wasn't much more than the knights offered him. He literally came out and said that he wasn't seeing any progress from the knights at all. There was no big name recruitments and they're still near the bottom of the ladder purely because of the inconsistency of their efforts. He is obviously a player who feels as if he is going backwards in his progression as a football player. Whether people want to believe it or not it's hard to progress as an athlete when the players around you aren't as good as you are. I understand this sounds cocky but it's the truth at any level.

For me the number 1 reason he signed with Souths is probably to be tutored by one of the greatest Queensland players of all time in Inglis. Inglis could take Gagai's game to another level.

He probably doesn't want to renege--it's probably a BS rumour!!!

I was trying to come up with a possible reason for him thinking that way;if it is in fact true!

I'm still not happy with Maguire as coach as I believe he inhibits player's natural games & stifles progress with his methods.
Players that have left Sths recently seem to have improved significantly.

Also,we have failed mostly to recruit very good players.

Gagai is an exception-----I hope he is not disappointed;for Sth's sake & his!!!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
He probably doesn't want to renege--it's probably a BS rumour!!!

I was trying to come up with a possible reason for him thinking that way;if it is in fact true!

I'm still not happy with Maguire as coach as I believe he inhibits player's natural games & stifles progress with his methods.
Players that have left Sths recently seem to have improved significantly.

Also,we have failed mostly to recruit very good players.

Gagai is an exception-----I hope he is not disappointed;for Sth's sake & his!!!

I think Maguire gets one more chance next season and if we're not looking good he probably goes. I wouldn't mind him being an assistant tbh.

Dogmatix

Juniors
Newcastle fans have been saying for years that Gagai is a winger. QLD Origin obviously agree

Souths have badly needed a proper winger for years so good idea to sign a real winger. Maguire should slot him in at wing. The only question is if he is worth the money being paid

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Newcastle fans have been saying for years that Gagai is a winger. QLD Origin obviously agree

Souths have badly needed a proper winger for years so good idea to sign a real winger. Maguire should slot him in at wing. The only question is if he is worth the money being paid

If we're gonna start talking about players earning their money we should talk about the Burgess boys and Reynolds haha.

Rabbit toes

First Grade

For 700k to play wing, centre or fullback I think that's value

alien

Referee

I agree that he is a winger. His defense in the centres looked a bit dodgy at times today, but he is a good finisher on the wing and good with kick returns. Wing.

Spot On

Coach
For 700k to play wing, centre or fullback I think that's value

It's not.

I can not believe much of what is written above as it is clear most of you do not watch Newcastle play week to week. You obviously did not watch Dane today either. It must have been a record missed tackle count from him today.

It's a weekly effort from him. Not good enough. Out of position again.

Blame it on th squad or expect more from the world's greatest ever origin player and media darling????

He needs to be dropped ASAP.

Latest posts