What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Norths got their bums spanked too, Rusty, Sam and Tom at the ground watching the game along with others, where to for George from here?

Such supportive brothers! Did George play well? Is there anyway you can see his stats from the game?

Tom has been well above George this year and that's seriously saying something.

DiegoNT

First Grade
I'm not to fussed about Gagai's defence.
The last time i saw gagai play regular centre, in the knights 2013 team, i thought he was great. His done the best he can in a sadly woeful team. I'm sure if you put D.walkz, Chambers or croker in the same team they'd probably struggle in defence. Bad defensive centres aren't even something that's foreign to us. D. Walkz had his problems and Goodwin is usually good for a leaked try a game at centre.
With gagai, i think, we are trying to get back to what we had with D.walkz. Inglis has been easier to contain since walker left. On those sweep plays everyone knows to focus Inglis at fb. We've had solid centres but none who were a threat on their own. In 2013-2015 if teams focused on Inglis too much it created an oppurtunity for Walker to create effort. With Inglis having a little more freedom it made everyone more dangerous.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
I'm not to fussed about Gagai's defence.
The last time i saw gagai play regular centre, in the knights 2013 team, i thought he was
great. His done the best he can in a sadly woeful team. I'm sure if you put D.walkz, Chambers or croker in the same team they'd probably struggle in defence. Bad defensive centres aren't even something that's foreign to us. D. Walkz had his problems and Goodwin is usually good for a leaked try a game at centre.
With gagai, i think, we are trying to get back to what we had with D.walkz. Inglis has been easier to contain since walker left. On those sweep plays everyone knows to focus Inglis at fb. We've had solid centres but none who were a threat on their own. In 2013-2015 if teams focused on Inglis too much it created an oppurtunity for Walker to create effort. With Inglis having a little more freedom it made everyone more dangerous.

It's also funny how they consistently talk about Gagai's defence being bad but Pete Matautia on the left edge let in ridiculously easy tries as well. I can tell you right now that Gagai's defence is no worse than the average centre in the NRL. In fact there's not many top defensive centres left in the game. Hunt is slowly making his way there though. Kid is a machine in defence.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well said R20.

Goodwin for mine was rocks or diamonds. Not a player I'd be fussed with losing. However it seems his EFFORT was always apparent. Kudos to him.

I'm guessing he wasnt on 700K plus either. Ha.
Probably 250k. 300 at the max.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It's also funny how they consistently talk about Gagai's defence being bad but Pete Matautia on the left edge let in ridiculously easy tries as well. I can tell you right now that Gagai's defence is no worse than the average centre in the NRL. In fact there's not many top defensive centres left in the game. Hunt is slowly making his way there though. Kid is a machine in defence.
Hunt's attacking game needs more work though!!!!!

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
He would never, ever get a gig playing fullback for QLD you goose.

Centre if they get absolutely desperate. Desperate with no other options.

Any idea why he has not played centre as yet for QLD genius? 2 games this year he could have been given the start.

BRILLIANT POST...Shadow...

Spot On

Coach

Nail on the head. Great post.

No worse and no better than an AVERAGE centre. At 700K and a rep superstar he'd want to be a hell of a lot better than an average NRL centre.

A lot of the time his defense is well below average. 8 missed tackles yesterday. EIGHT.

Spot On

Coach
Neither are anything special

Word out of Brisbane is Herman is one of the best young props they've had there for quite a while. Bennett has gone against his rules to offer him big dollars. They let Wallace go and he is now playing Origin as the QLD starting prop. They didn't fight this hard to keep him.

Time will tell.