What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 v Panthers

Curns13

Juniors
"I rate him the best forward in the game. His effort, his determination, his desire, his talent, it just doesn't waver. In the game, he plays big minutes and his last tackle and last run are as good as his first tackle and first run... He is just a real leader and the best forward that we have in the NRL." Peter Sterling, before today's game. That is what the games greatest mind has to say about our captain so all you armchair critics can probably STFU for a while I reckon.

southsport

First Grade
I can't fault any of our 17. Before the game I posted that Gburg should be kept at Norths for at least another week. I'm happy to have been proved wrong on this'

That's an easy thing for those of us that are watching to think, the way the side has performed for much of this season had left us scratching our heads trying to identify the problem, one week it would be one or two players the next week it would be others or coach and management, and so on.

doyen

Bench
When Madge loosens up a bit like he did in 2016 with 5 or 6 rds to go we become a formidable attacking unit. It was obvious today,again, that the leashes were taken from the players & were used instead,hopefully[& thankfully],to manacle our normally very cautious & super discreet coach!!

The more Madge keeps his conservative ideas to himself;the better for us!!
What would it be like to watch Sths play with that attitude week after week--WIN or LOSE!!????
Hopefully Madge finally gets the message to allow the players to play their natural games without him running interference!!

Curns13

Juniors
Because it's a recurring them with cook. Everything becomes disjointed, the halves stop getting clean ball when they want it, forwards stop getting a roll on. It was surely most evident today. In my opinion anyway.
I went and rewatched the last 25 minutes again, and in my opinion your criticism is way off. Cook did nothing wrong over those last 25 minutes. He was quick out of dummy half, poked his head through the line, gave good service and set up AJ's last try. I gave Farah my 2 votes and the score may have kept moving along with him out there, but your criticism of Cook in this game is unwarranted. Still I would play Farah 80 as he's having a pretty good run, but Cook was fine in his stint.

DiegoNT

First Grade
When Madge loosens up a bit like he did in 2016 with 5 or 6 rds to go we become a formidable attacking unit. It was obvious today,again, that the leashes were taken from the players & were used instead,hopefully[& thankfully],to manacle our normally very cautious & super discreet coach!!

The more Madge keeps his conservative ideas to himself;the better for us!!
What would it be like to watch Sths play with that attitude week after week--WIN or LOSE!!????
Hopefully Madge finally gets the message to allow the players to play their natural games without him running interference!!

How we played today is no different to how maguire tries to play every week this year, and since his time with the club.
To be able to play like that, you have to earn the right. You can't just throw the ball around and expect things to happen. You have to earn the momentum through the forwards, and have an intelligent half like Reynolds play on the back of that and decide when to press the attack and when to keep things calm. This is how maguire has always tried to get us to play, but for whatever reasons over the last 18 months our players haven't been earning the right to play that kind of attack

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
WOW what an absolute fantastic game. Let me start off by saying I was WRONG. Adam Reynolds had an absolute stunner of a game. I haven't seen him play like that since the start of 2016 against the roosters! I cannot fault a single player in our team after that performance. Every single player absolutely killed it.

Tyrell take a f**king bow. You not only deserve to be in the team next week but you really made our defence sturdier in the middle. Did anyone else notice how much we controlled the ruck yesterday? I think we really pushed the boundaries and that's what I love to see. That's why the Melbourne storm are the best team in the competition.

Same team, same game plan and Sam attitude and we should go well against the roosters. Short turn around is an advantage when you're playing this kind of footy.

Well done lads.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Sam copped a head knock tackling,dallin moments before!cut the blame game! Shit happens!

Doesn't take away the fact that Goodwin was in a bad position. He (Goodwin) didn't cop a head knock. There's a difference between playing the blame game and telling it how it is.

Last edited:

Latest posts