What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

JJ

Immortal
The whole performance was laughable, but Smith went all Wally Lewis on it.

But seriously, the win loss ratio for Pearce isn't the issue - my question is, has there been another Origin player with such a long career that has been so consistently ineffective - he tries hard, but he is simply poor at this level with respect to the core halfback skills.

Many NSW players have been through this losing era and have poor win-loss records but for the most part they at least look like they can do their job well at that level

Meapro Ham

Juniors
Unless you expect Pearce to turn into a 110 kg prop and do some line bending hit ups and quick play the balls then there's not much he could have done to change the result. NSW were beaten in the forwards.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
I'm quite sick of this arguement for picking him

Who else, anyone else.

I only asked because you can tell by how guys like Johns and Gould were talking after the game that they'll keep picking him until someone stands up.

Personally I'd just slot a running 5/8 in there.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Unless you expect Pearce to turn into a 110 kg prop and do some line bending hit ups and quick play the balls then there's not much he could have done to change the result. NSW were beaten in the forwards.

Some of the NSW forwards were terrible.

So was Pearce.

His kicking game is so bad its almost laughable.

And don't give me your shit about "he was on the backfoot because of the forwards"

Not once did a kick find the grass. Woeful. And its every f*cking series, not an exception to the rule.

Seeya Piss, you're through - no more soup for you!

Meapro Ham

Juniors
The Qld forwards started getting the upper hand when Pearce continually found Slater in the full.
Some of the NSW forwards were terrible.

So was Pearce.

His kicking game is so bad its almost laughable.

And don't give me your shit about "he was on the backfoot because of the forwards"

Not once did a kick find the grass. Woeful. And its every f*cking series, not an exception to the rule.

Seeya Piss, you're through - no more soup for you!

Right. So all Pearce had to do was land the ball on the grass more often and NSW would have won. Lol.

You guys should be blues coach you have all the answers

gregstar

Referee
maloney nailed it when interviewed after the game. in fact it was the best interview all night.

you cannot win when forwards dog the yardage game & commit handling errors on tackles 3 & 4.

unless halves are behind a dominant pack or even a pack that is at least competing, it doesn't matter if johns, daley, fittler, lewis, langer, lockyer or thurston are behind them, you are not going to win.

And as crap as the halves were, they were no chance behind that pack of cowards.

the contrast from game 1 was astonishing. the blues won the ground & ruck & steam rolled the maroons.
they were basically sitting in the stands watching this time.

as a qld supporter, even i feel sorry for you poor, long suffering foreskin-sniffers.

i fully expected a different result last night.
stunning stuff.

jk13

First Grade
Leave him alone! It's not his fault that his team didn't respond to his leadership and his qualities. He needs to own a new team to make his