What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors
Re-read this Souths til I die and you have your answer.......

I believe a club like the Raiders would've offered him a deal if he WAS INTERESTED IN PURSUING IT WHICH HE WAS NOT!!!!!!!

Even the Warriors would love to have a player like Bryson who is much better than dud Ayshford!!!!!!!

No clubs would take Tyrrell or Clark and that is so easy to see.....
The raiders, who have Croker and BJ, would have offered good money for a very average, aging centre if he wanted?

Is Meth currently going for cheap in your neighborhood?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Most souths fans i know think Goodwin is very average and gray has more potential.

See i can make anecdotal statememts as well, doesn't mean it's true.

I think the fact that whare has always been chosen over Goodwin shows that at the very least the one team that has the power to choose between them always goes for Whare.

Shitwork isn't the only criteria for a centre. Talaki makes almost exactly the same amount of metres each game, does that make him Goodwins equal?

The Tyrrell and Turner comparison is an interesting one, but probably accurate. Tyrrell, Turner and Goodwin have all played mostly in first grade, but all have been dropped. The difference is goodwin was dropped when we won a premiership so if anything that argument is more in T&T advantage.
I suggest you go into other Souths media outlets online and have a look......

I suggest you listen to the cheers when Goodwin is called out in the team just before that match............

I've lost interest in international footy due to bias selections.........

Talakai leaks a lot of points and can't make trysavers, he panics while Goodwin stays calm and saves our bacon a lot of times........

2 trysavers once more he made last Sunday while Talakai wouldn't have been able to make them.... Talakai is a turnstile.......

Talakai is slower than Goodwin too, FACT....

Talakai also knows how to knock on and can't leap into the air tapping a ball back or to leap and catch the ball then score....

Goodwin also has a step too while Talakai doesn't!!!!!!!

I don't take it Goodwin was dropped there!!!.... If he hadn't been injured he'd have been there as Lote wouldn't have got that chance...... we went on a winning streak so why change a winning side???.... you don't change a winning backline.....

If Lote was injured and out for 8 weeks and then Goodwin got his chance and we went on a streak I don't believe Lote would have got back ino the team......

Rabbits20

Immortal
The raiders, who have Croker and BJ, would have offered good money for a very average, aging centre if he wanted?

Is Meth currently going for cheap in your neighborhood?
I was giving examples..........

Raiders one just came off the top of my head but he'd sure make it at the Titans or Warriors if he'd have pursued staying in the NRL......

Tyrrell or Clark wouldn't be taken by any club at all!!!

Also I find it inappropriate you are posting about a drug on a footy forum...... that's a poor example to kids reading this.....

To me it shows a sign of weakness having to turn to such unwarranted talk......

Last edited:

Itsamansgame

Juniors
I actually wonder if this means we go after Maloney/Cronk harder and maybe have Walker as a long term fullback? It's all a very confusing scenario if it happens.
The silence from the Bunnies hierarchy is deafening at the moment,they are not giving much away.
For myself it's like a long drawn out torture,but it definitely keeps a thread like this alive and kicking!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
The silence from the Bunnies hierarchy is deafening at the moment,they are not giving much away.
For myself it's like a long drawn out torture,but it definitely keeps a thread like this alive and kicking!

Sharks are confirmed to be really keen on Cronk. Either that means chad townsend is getting released or James Maloney is. I know the Knights are also offering Maloney close to a mil a year!

handyman2190

Bench
Ive read everything said.....
We will miss goodwin!! Some on here may say whatever but a more honest hardworking player who has been our best for the last few years i havent seen.
Gray had to go its no use paying for a player who is constantly injured and strapped no matter how good he is so good luck to him....
Tyrell will leave and should of gone 2 years ago...but he is gone and our plight is highlighted by the fact that he is in first grade, if that isnt enough to some that we are 2 props short nothing will...rochow is a backrower and we played him at prop 1 reason we have no goforward even new boy Britt a backrower is at prop for the bears...what i want to know is why we are not buying Props any props u20s intrust cup etc and we persevere with inexperienced 2nd rowers.
We have lost 3 backs dud neilsen gray and goodwin we have bought 1 gagai we need 2 more EXPERIENCED backs we are trying to bring burgess back if that dosent work we are in trouble....
Meanwhile all other teams buy and we sit on our hands...malony even gronk are no certainty to come and the money 800k plus will break us.
I have said it befor AR is a waste and injury prone he has 1 good game every 6 and needs to go so unless he is shifted buying another high priced half will screw our ability to buy backups and forwards.
Our spine is useless
We have screwed 5.8 position sutton is not capable any more cody is barely doing the job at 1 and unhappy we have weakened 1 position to fill unother and its not working...
There are alot of problems and nothing being done.
Dont expect next year to be better matter of fact unless we buy players id say we are specials for the spoon.
And for the record i bleed red and green and walk around with dirty pants thinking about this

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors

I suggest you listen to the cheers when Goodwin is called out in the team just before that match............

Talakai leaks a lot of points and can't make trysavers, he panics while Goodwin stays calm and saves our bacon a lot of times........

2 trysavers once more he made last Sunday while Talakai wouldn't have been able to make them.... Talakai is a turnstile.......

Talakai also knows how to knock on and can't leap into the air tapping a ball back or to leap and catch the ball then score....

I don't take it Goodwin was dropped there!!!.... If he hadn't been injured he'd have been there as Lote wouldn't have got that chance...... we went on a winning streak so why change a winning side???.... you don't change a winning backline.....

If Lote was injured and out for 8 weeks and then Goodwin got his chance and we went on a streak I don't believe Lote would have got back ino the team......

You use the 'look at facebook' arguement to support your stance on Goodwin. Yet you never criticise the twins, they always feature in your 'who to pick next round' posts despite a huge amount of people on social media calling for their dropping. So you only use that when it supports you.

You said the great thing about Goodwin was his 'shitwork' yet when i provided an example of another player who also has similar 'shitwork' and you went off on a tangent about how that isn't enough. So it's great for 1 player but not enough for another.

Your entire posts about how goodwin is better than Talaki is true. But i don't think a manager can attract deals from nrl clubs on the basis that his client is a bit better the siosifa Talaki in a few areas.

The weird thing about your Goodwin is better then Talaki rant is that the exact same can be said about Blake Ashford and Chase Stanley

Talakai leaks a lot of points and can't make trysavers, he panics while Blake and Chase stays calm and saves our bacon a lot of times........

2 trysavers once more they made in a random game while Talakai wouldn't have been able to make them.... Talakai is a turnstile.......

Talakai is slower than Blake and Chase too, FACT....

I just copied and paste your statement and replaced Goodwin with Blake and chase and it still made sense because they are the same calibre player.

Goodwin never missed 8 weeks with injury. He missed 1. And that 1 missed game was enough for him to lose his fulltime spot. That doesn't happen to good players. Good players make a team no matter how good the team is going. Take Boyd Cordner, he missed a few weeks before the 2013 gf and was declared fit gf week. Roosters put him straight in. Teo was the same. He copped a big suspension yet came in after more then a month away, blowing the 'you wouldn't change a winning team' theory away. Heck last year even a player of Sam Tagatese was included in the gf team despite not playing in the finals and being covered quite well by Kurt Capewell in his absence. So that theory doesn't fly. Goodwin was not good enough.

The funny thing about that is that the guy who was in his place, Lote, wasn't even playing that great. Sure he got the job done, but lote was far from an irreplaceable piece of that team. Even if Lote got injured, you'd think merritt was next in line anyway

southsport

First Grade
I'm not going to disclose my source on this information,but it has been stated professionally that it would be more beneficial for GI not to return to the game and risk another long term injury that could trigger greater psychological issues than he has now.
It is of the opinion that they continue to work with him now in acceptance of his current situation and find more suitable outcomes for him.

I read something similar to this earlier in the year but they said that GI wanted to play on and I thought the idea had died.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade

common sense should not be aired in here R20 you will only confuse the dont knowers in here .

Rabbits20

Immortal
Fox sports reporting Knights and Warriors are the leaders for Maloney....

Plus Cronk to Sharks....

Rabbits20

Immortal
We will miss goodwin!! Some on here may say whatever but a more honest hardworking player who has been our best for the last few years i havent seen.
Gray had to go its no use paying for a player who is constantly injured and strapped no matter how good he is so good luck to him....
Tyrell will leave and should of gone 2 years ago...but he is gone and our plight is highlighted by the fact that he is in first grade, if that isnt enough to some that we are 2 props short nothing will...rochow is a backrower and we played him at prop 1 reason we have no goforward even new boy Britt a backrower is at prop for the bears...what i want to know is why we are not buying Props any props u20s intrust cup etc and we persevere with inexperienced 2nd rowers.
We have lost 3 backs dud neilsen gray and goodwin we have bought 1 gagai we need 2 more EXPERIENCED backs we are trying to bring burgess back if that dosent work we are in trouble....
Meanwhile all other teams buy and we sit on our hands...malony even gronk are no certainty to come and the money 800k plus will break us.
I have said it befor AR is a waste and injury prone he has 1 good game every 6 and needs to go so unless he is shifted buying another high priced half will screw our ability to buy backups and forwards.
Our spine is useless
We have screwed 5.8 position sutton is not capable any more cody is barely doing the job at 1 and unhappy we have weakened 1 position to fill unother and its not working...
Dont expect next year to be better matter of fact unless we buy players id say we are specials for the spoon.
And for the record i bleed red and green and walk around with dirty pants thinking about this
Mate your analysis on Goodwin is spot on.......

The trolls are out in here though!!!!

Correct re Gray.

Spot on re the props!!!!

Good insights from you. I've read all of it and agree with nearly all of it!!!!

Meanwhile we have trolls out inbetween the ones that want to talk sensibly!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
You use the 'look at facebook' arguement to support your stance on Goodwin. Yet you never criticise the twins, they always feature in your 'who to pick next round' posts despite a huge amount of people on social media calling for their dropping. So you only use that when it supports you.

You said the great thing about Goodwin was his 'shitwork' yet when i provided an example of another player who also has similar 'shitwork' and you went off on a tangent about how that isn't enough. So it's great for 1 player but not enough for another.

Your entire posts about how goodwin is better than Talaki is true. But i don't think a manager can attract deals from nrl clubs on the basis that his client is a bit better the siosifa Talaki in a few areas.

The weird thing about your Goodwin is better then Talaki rant is that the exact same can be said about Blake Ashford and Chase Stanley

Talakai leaks a lot of points and can't make trysavers, he panics while Blake and Chase stays calm and saves our bacon a lot of times........

2 trysavers once more they made in a random game while Talakai wouldn't have been able to make them.... Talakai is a turnstile.......

Talakai is slower than Blake and Chase too, FACT....

I just copied and paste your statement and replaced Goodwin with Blake and chase and it still made sense because they are the same calibre player.

Goodwin never missed 8 weeks with injury. He missed 1. And that 1 missed game was enough for him to lose his fulltime spot. That doesn't happen to good players. Good players make a team no matter how good the team is going. Take Boyd Cordner, he missed a few weeks before the 2013 gf and was declared fit gf week. Roosters put him straight in. Teo was the same. He copped a big suspension yet came in after more then a month away, blowing the 'you wouldn't change a winning team' theory away. Heck last year even a player of Sam Tagatese was included in the gf team despite not playing in the finals and being covered quite well by Kurt Capewell in his absence. So that theory doesn't fly. Goodwin was not good enough.

The funny thing about that is that the guy who was in his place, Lote, wasn't even playing that great. Sure he got the job done, but lote was far from an irreplaceable piece of that team. Even if Lote got injured, you'd think merritt was next in line anyway
He missed more than a week from my memory with an injury to his shoulder I believe it was after we played the Warriors. A disclocation from memory!!!! May have been 6 weeks actually!!!

CAFPOW

Juniors
Our spine is useless

Britt is a Backrower playing Prop this week, Fullback the next for the Bears.

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors
We have too many duds that's our problem.

We should get rid of clark, tyrrell and turner because even though they try hard they just aren't good enough, and no other team will want them.

But also Goodwin is awesome because even though he is an average centre he always tries hard, and even though literally no other nrl club wanted to buy him, he'd go great at any club.

Logic has no place in here

Rabbits20

Immortal
A top club wouldn't have picked up Goodwin but a club like the Warriors or Titans would've!!!!

The Titans wanted him the other year for 450k but Madge wouldn't let him go!!!!!

Goodwin wasn't interested really in staying in the NRL!!!! After a torrid year losing his brother he feels the move overseas is the right thing to do!!!!

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors
He missed more than a week from my memory with an injury to his shoulder I believe it was after we played the Warriors. A disclocation from memory!!!! May have been 6 weeks actually!!!
He was injured in the warriors round 13 game.

He was replaced by lote in the round 14 game vs the tigers.

Round 15 was a bye.

Round 16 vs the Cowboys Goodwin played.

Come round 17 vs the titans we went with AJ fullback, merritt and Lote wings. Goodwin is dropped.

He missed 1 game with injury, played after that injury before being dropped again

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well he wasn't playing with the Bears for 6 weeks there!!!!!!!

He was injured!!!!!! That was how Lote got in!!!

I remember Madge said through origin and injury that Lote was getting his chance!!!! I remember when I was driving out there!!!! It was an interview on 2gb.

Bunnies_Pride

Juniors
Well he wasn't playing with the Bears for 6 weeks there!!!!!!!

He was injured!!!!!! That was how Lote got in!!!

I remember Madge said through origin and injury that Lote was getting his chance!!!! I remember when I was driving out there!!!! It was an interview on 2gb.

Lote got his chance.

But A good player would have got his spot back.

Latest posts